watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham...7/4 favourites.

Started by jarv, May 01, 2017, 04:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

It is said often the bookies are rarely wrong...favourites for promotion now... :wow:

Neil D

Not as good as the 11/1 I got FFC for promotion...

ffc73

No matter what the bookies say, I still think Wednesday are the team most likely but you have to be in it to win it so let's just give it our best shot.  Whatever happens we have exceeded my expectations for this season so happy days

hovewhite

I think wednesday are the best equipped team for the play offs with so many focums in attack!

AlexW132

If the final was between us and Sheffield I'd be backing them if I was a neutral.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Neil D on May 01, 2017, 04:54:07 PM

Or the 20/1 e/w bet I got us with bet fair on the handicap bet with an 18 point start. 15 point behind Brighton with a game left. Will make up for the hundreds i have lost on us over the yrs if it comes in. Come on Villa !

ffc73

Quote from: hovewhite on May 01, 2017, 05:58:57 PM
I think wednesday are the best equipped team for the play offs with so many focums in attack!

Interesting.  I was thinking that it was their defence that gave them the advantage in the 'cup' games as they are the hardest to score against and therefore most difficult to beat.  Goals against: -
62 - Reading
43 - Wednesday
55 - Huddersfield
56 - Us

nose

i do not think we are favourites
all this talk of momentum is premature and premature.
besides we have not been 100% our best for ages.

IMO
the momentum starts when the play off start, it is a new situation with new pressure.
now i happen to think our stlye is ideal for the circumstances but if we do not fre on all cylinders then we do not have a more direct approach to turn to. the others can all change to a lump it style if need be, we cannot.
i can play out all scenarios in my head but i have a feeling we will not be at wembley despite playing the best football in the play offs.

westcliff white

does that include via the playoffs? some bookies only take auto promotion for their going up odds
Every day is a Fulham day

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC73 on May 01, 2017, 05:45:43 PM
No matter what the bookies say, I still think Wednesday are the team most likely but you have to be in it to win it so let's just give it our best shot.  Whatever happens we have exceeded my expectations for this season so happy days

Totally agree with this.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

In the cold light of day, whoever is identified by the bookies or anyone else as favourites, will mean Jack Poo on the day. Because it's all on the day, simple as an enormous pimple. Whoever we may get in a two legged play off.
Due to our exceptional away form and record, I will always back us over both legs. That will be intriguing. Then on the wide open spaces of Wembley we are also in with a shout. It should suit our system of play.
But it's all on the day, referee decisions, rub of the green, penalties, individual mistakes, individual brilliance, injuries, moments of majic, moments of disaster, own goals, and worldy goals, they all comes into the equation.
But we are there, and we have an equal 25% chance of winning, and reaching the promised land.
So I expect everyone to sleep well in the meantime. 💤
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

londonowl

I can't see any way that you should be a point shorter than us to go up. Neck and neck if you ask me. Both Wednesday and Fulham are capable of beating any Championship side on their day. Both are also capable of losing to any Championshipmside on another day so what will be will be.

This seems to be the same as every other forum, some fans that think they will smash anybody in their way, some who can see the merits of the opposites and some who live with the eternal pessimism that comes from years of disappointment.

For most of us, it's a mixture of all 3!

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: londonowl on May 02, 2017, 02:09:58 PM
I can't see any way that you should be a point shorter than us to go up. Neck and neck if you ask me. Both Wednesday and Fulham are capable of beating any Championship side on their day. Both are also capable of losing to any Championshipmside on another day so what will be will be.

This seems to be the same as every other forum, some fans that think they will smash anybody in their way, some who can see the merits of the opposites and some who live with the eternal pessimism that comes from years of disappointment.

For most of us, it's a mixture of all 3!

Bookies only set the odds according to how much cash is laid out on the respective teams. Who's not to say some punter has laid out ten grand on Fulham to win the playoffs. If that's the case, you'll find them as favourites

Neil D

Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2017, 09:21:55 PM
does that include via the playoffs? some bookies only take auto promotion for their going up odds
You got me panicking for a moment but it's still showing as an open bet on Sky Bet so must allow promotion via the play-offs...he said hopefully.