watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most improved player

Started by Andy S, May 02, 2017, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

When I used to watch my son play football he used to hate being awarded most improved player as he said it's like saying you were rubbish last season but now you are ok. So who is our most improved player this season ?

Personally I would say Tim Ream

Keynsham

In recent weeks it would be Ream, wouldn't it?

toshes mate

I think all the lads have got better this year which is something to do with the ethos of confidence, and playing to a system that actually works around the problem of not having the 'best' players all over the pitch but having the 'best' team utilising all the players you have at your disposal.  Even players who have been berated for the odd performance here and there have come good when they needed too.  As another thread intimates had we taken all chances to score goals in games we should have won but didn't we would be up there without the need for play offs.  If I had to go for consistency in 'improved' performance I'd have to say Ream.

Mince n Tatties

Ream of course of late,most underrated in my book is MacDonald who goes about his job in great fashion every game, and is often not mentioned when the plaudits are being handed out.

H4usuallysitting

Bett's isn't a bad shout either

snarks

Ream is much better this year, as is Betts from his appearances this year, Cairney is playing on a different level, and there is some kid who was only 15 last year that is playing fantastically well this year for the first team so he must have improved a lot!!

St. Andrews White

All have been brilliant, hard to pick one. Cairney was fantastic last year, but this year has been a monster, so he'd be my pick

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

bog

As with Tigana Mr Jokanovic has improved most of our squad.

092.gif   

e4b

Agree with Bog The whole team has improved.Coaching,confidence and style of play all help.

filham

Of course they have al improved but how encouraging it was to hear the fans chanting "Ream", "Ream" on Saturday, we never thought we would hear that.

cmg

I'd go for Scott Malone.

Judging from some of the comments on here after the Real Betis friendly, one or two other of our correspondents must be in agreement.

No names:
"LB worries me as I don't rate Malone..."

"Tunnicliffe, Malone and smith will not be regular starters as none of them are up to the rest of the team when it comes to keeping possession which i believe is central for our new manager."

"I can now see why Cardiff fans celebrated the Malone swap."

"Really not impressed with Malone."

Carborundum

e4b

kiwian

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

HatterDon

It can't be Ream. He's playing the same game now he has the last three seasons. He just has a coach now that doesn't force him into situations that won't work out well for him. Malone's a good shout, but I'm with Bog.

I learned very early in my supervisory career that the two most important things a boss can do are:

1. put people in positions where they can succeed
2. eliminate all obstacles between those workers and that success

The way you do that is to show consistency, have a clear idea of what you expect, and make sure it's clear to everyone working for you.

Everybody that steps onto a pitch wants to win. Professionals want to win everything all the time. We've got good players, but the most improved POSITION at Fulham is the one held by Joka. He's the finest performer we've had in that role since Roy Hodgson.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Andy S

I am reminded by one of my comments since Christmas where I said that both Button and Bettinelli would need to be replaced in the summer. Bets has since proved that no replacements are necessary. His improvement makes him the number 1 for me and button is an adequate understudy

EJL

Surely it's Johansen and not even close? He looked bereft of confidence and creativity on his debut, but his goalscoring numbers say it all; his ridiculous work-rate and ability to win the ball back in dangerous areas say a bit extra.