watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Extra income

Started by BedsFFC, May 04, 2017, 03:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Just thinking about what the play offs does for the coffers.

I wonder if the TV money for the play offs is extra to the agreed deal for the normal season and also how are the receipts divvied out on the wembley final game.

I imagine there is a fairly big chunk of extra cash to be made. Doesn't mean anything should we get promoted but if we don't, this extra few mill? could be very handy for next season

RP24

I have heard that all gate receipts for the final go to the losing team, due to the amount the winners get for promotion. 

Not to sure about the TV money though.

rweller86

Quote from: BedsFFC on May 04, 2017, 03:46:05 PM
Just thinking about what the play offs does for the coffers.

I wonder if the TV money for the play offs is extra to the agreed deal for the normal season and also how are the receipts divvied out on the wembley final game.

I imagine there is a fairly big chunk of extra cash to be made. Doesn't mean anything should we get promoted but if we don't, this extra few mill? could be very handy for next season
It won't be that much. Looking at tens of thousands as opposed to millions.
@rweller

rweller86

I read that Villa got just over £500k for having 16 games on the box this season.
@rweller

Rhys Lightning 63

Whatever extra money we get from this, I hope the first usage is installing a decent Wifi network at The Cottage for next season
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

rweller86

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 04, 2017, 04:02:22 PM
Whatever extra money we get from this, I hope the first usage is installing a decent Wifi network at The Cottage for next season
4G on O2 is pretty decent there but wifi would be good.
@rweller

londonowl

All money from Play Off semi finals, including extra TV money and gate receipts is put into a central pot which is then divided equally between all 4 teams.

Over the last few seasons, it has become somewhat of a tradition for the winning team at Wembley to give their share of gate receipts from the final to the losing side. Not by any means compulsory though.

SP

Quote from: rweller86 on May 04, 2017, 04:05:10 PM

Although I'm a confirmed Luddite, can people not survive for a couple of hours without Wifi?  I come to football to get away from the real world.

Woolly Mammoth

Hmm, I think I shall opt for winner takes all, and go for winning at Wembley and trousering £100,000,000, One Hundred Million plus English Pounds. 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: SP on May 04, 2017, 04:58:22 PM

Although I'm a confirmed Luddite, can people not survive for a couple of hours without Wifi?  I come to football to get away from the real world.
I'm far from a Luddite but agree with your sentiment.  The guy who sits next to me spends most of each home game looking at his phone to see if his bets are working out for him!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BedsFFC

Quote from: londonowl on May 04, 2017, 04:39:05 PM
All money from Play Off semi finals, including extra TV money and gate receipts is put into a central pot which is then divided equally between all 4 teams.

Over the last few seasons, it has become somewhat of a tradition for the winning team at Wembley to give their share of gate receipts from the final to the losing side. Not by any means compulsory though.

oh ok. nice touch.

Wembley at 80'000 - 90'000 at £30 a pop....its a few quid

londonowl

£30 a pop.  :005:

Think mine were £76 each last year.

BedsFFC

Quote from: londonowl on May 04, 2017, 07:28:52 PM

76 x 85000 = £6.5m

westcliff white

I can survive without it for sure, but I do get great reception on my EE 4g network when I am at games
Every day is a Fulham day

rweller86

Quote from: londonowl on May 04, 2017, 07:28:52 PM

I think I read they range between £30 and £96

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

Southcoastffc

In 2014 when QPR were in the Final, this applied:

QPR was handed the stadium's East End. Ticket prices ranged from £36-£98 for adults and £18-£49 for concessions .
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: westcliff white on May 05, 2017, 07:14:57 AM

I can survive without it for sure, but I do get great reception on my EE 4g network when I am at games

Where I sit the wifi is very edgy. I agree I don't really need it, but it's nice to have contact with the outside world (and to check scores from other grounds etc)