watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New kits for 2017-18 season

Started by One James stannard, May 06, 2017, 11:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One James stannard

I have no idea how to put up pictures but Bristol city's new away kit is NASTY  :58:

Jamie88

It's just an all-purple kit...doesn't look too bad to me!

One James stannard

Thanks for adding the photo for me, to be fair the shirts not the worst I've ever seen but it looks even worse when the lime green shorts are with it

WhiteJC

I was colouring in with my electronic crayons a month or so ago and I came up with these designs...

these are NOT official in any way, these are just a couple of ideas of mine, I have no idea if Visit Florida will be the shirt sponcer

home shirts

away shirts
I've gone for green or blue because I'd like the season after next to be red and black, we'll have this seasons away as next seasons 3rd

this is the type of thing I'd like as red & black away

if the away shirt is black I'd like something along these lines...

Mince n Tatties

Very nice,like the away Red n Black haved and the black one.

BedsFFC

I like the bottom right of the red and black ones.

I'll take one please...xl

bill taylors apprentice

I'm convinced that red and black strips such as you have designed create an edge in confidence and dominance!

Just my opinion.

Holders

I like the antepenultimate away one - with the narrower red/black stripes.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

AlexW132

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 06, 2017, 02:03:02 PM
I was colouring in with my electronic crayons a month or so ago and I came up with these designs...

these are NOT official in any way, these are just a couple of ideas of mine, I have no idea if Visit Florida will be the shirt sponcer

home shirts

away shirts
I've gone for green or blue because I'd like the season after next to be red and black, we'll have this seasons away as next seasons 3rd

Green one looks like Seattle Sounders

AlexW132

Have to say my pet hate when it comes to shirts is when the club badge is coloured differently to usual, so in the case of Bristol City their badge is purple to match the shirt. From memory, the only time we have done that is with the Harrods 3rd shirt, where the FFC badge was gold.

westcliff white

our away kit wont have red on it as we would then have a 2nd and 3rd kit that is similar.

I would also take a look at the Adidas templates being used by some of the big clubs this season, as usually they are rolled out for the smaller clubs the following season
Every day is a Fulham day

WhiteJC

Quote from: westcliff white on May 06, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
our away kit wont have red on it as we would then have a 2nd and 3rd kit that is similar.

I would also take a look at the Adidas templates being used by some of the big clubs this season, as usually they are rolled out for the smaller clubs the following season

all of my designs are based on Adidas templates

westcliff white

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 06, 2017, 04:39:58 PM

indeed I know they are. the white and dark white is the man utd template this season. I was only pointing that out for others who may not know

tslyon

Quote from: westcliff white on May 06, 2017, 04:41:40 PM

indeed I know they are. the white and dark white is the man utd template this season. I was only pointing that out for others who may not know

For one that did not know that, do they base, "big clubs" on kit sales? World popularity?  I would have never guessed there was a tier system for kits...

Cheers,

Steve

westcliff white

Quote from: tslyon on May 06, 2017, 05:07:32 PM

For one that did not know that, do they base, "big clubs" on kit sales? World popularity?  I would have never guessed there was a tier system for kits...

Cheers,

Steve
Not sure on the specifics, but Adidas for donkey's years have used a template system and for about the last 25 or so tended to give their major teams (Bayern, Real, Man Utd, Ajax etc) new kits that they plan to use as a template the following year. Its a clever idea as everyone thinks its new as they see very few of the different templates so to speak.

very few teams have a bespoke kits these days or hasve what you would call an unusual design etc, so its clean and easy for manufacturers as a whole.

tslyon

Quote from: westcliff white on May 06, 2017, 05:38:53 PM
Quote from: tslyon on May 06, 2017, 05:07:32 PM

Cheers,

Steve
Not sure on the specifics, but Adidas for donkey's years have used a template system and for about the last 25 or so tended to give their major teams (Bayern, Real, Man Utd, Ajax etc) new kits that they plan to use as a template the following year. Its a clever idea as everyone thinks its new as they see very few of the different templates so to speak.

very few teams have a bespoke kits these days or hasve what you would call an unusual design etc, so its clean and easy for manufacturers as a whole.

Thanks for that.  I'm going to put more attention on the big Adidas boys as long as we have them as kit suppliers. 

Cheers,

Steve

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 06, 2017, 04:16:51 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on May 06, 2017, 02:03:02 PM

home shirts

away shirts

Green one looks like Seattle Sounders

NO, STOP SHOWING US 'FAN MADE' KITS!!! THEY ALWAYS LOOK FAR BETTER THAN WHAT WE ULTIMATELY GET. Then I feel a bit disappointed when the ACTUAL kit comes up and think 'nah, I preferred the guy from FOF's design'
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

mouse

The first red and black stripes,black shorts and red socks.......COYW

aaronmcguigan

Talking about taking big teams templates the following season, If we stick with adidas it might just be plain white with black stripes up the side rather than on the sleeves maybe?

Furthermore, maybe there's  change happening, away kits usually get released with a 2 year cycle, with the 2nd year of the kit being the 3rd kit option, i.e. This years yellow black 3rd kit is last years away kit. However the red away kit has always , since its release been referred to as a one year cycle kit, and has been included in the end of season sale , unlike in previous years.

Clutching at straws maybe, but just pointing out differences!

love4ffc

Wish whitejc designed all our kits. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?