The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Skatzoffc on May 30, 2017, 06:36:52 PM
Not Stekelenburg. He's crap!
And he is toxic.
Lol

Toxic is a good adjective to describe him.
He is also made of glass.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Legate21

Quote from: Riversider on May 30, 2017, 05:24:21 PM
Liverpool have signed Dominic Solanke from Chelsea today, would love us to take him on a season long loan from them,
Very good player and I'm surprised Chelsea let Liverpool have him.

Surely this signing means Liverpool are expecting to offload two strikers. Sturridge surely will be one. I'd love for us to have a go at Ings, loan with an option would be the perfect scenario. Fully expect that if he is available he will go to a Prem team though. .

Asotosyios

Talking about goalkeepers: Cardiff City sign Neil Etheridge and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40097728

St. Andrews White

Jozabed coming back and apparently after West Ham's old Utd prospect, striker Ashley Fletcher . Saw the links on the Fulham Facebook page

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

@jolslover

Quote from: Yonderwhite on May 31, 2017, 01:32:57 PM
Jozabed coming back and apparently after West Ham's old Utd prospect, striker Ashley Williams. Saw the links on the Fulham Facebook page

I'm guessing you mean Ashley Fletcher?
STH H3

St. Andrews White

Quote from: @jolslover on May 31, 2017, 01:35:13 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on May 31, 2017, 01:32:57 PM
Jozabed coming back and apparently after West Ham's old Utd prospect, striker Ashley Williams. Saw the links on the Fulham Facebook page

I'm guessing you mean Ashley Fletcher?
Haha sorry yes, whoops!

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

mkras99

Abdul‏ @AbdulFulham  4h4 hours ago
More
Tim Flowers (goalkeeper coach) has been sacked and we have a Spanish coach on his way over #ffc

EJL

Surprised there's been hardly any mention of Sessegnon today. The Times are saying Spurs are favourites to sign him. No word from the Sessegnon camp, however! Would like if, just for once, we could get the money we deserve for developing a young player; I think, in this instance, that requires the player in question doing us a favour and signing a new contract. His options aren't going to narrow before next summer and he would be loaned out anyway.

Wearethewhites

Preston striker Jordan Hugill medical at Fulham this week. Deal announced by next week. I'm hearing 3 year contract. #fulham #preston

AlexW132

Quote from: mkras99 on May 31, 2017, 09:06:15 PM
More
Tim Flowers (goalkeeper coach) has been sacked and we have a Spanish coach on his way over #ffc
Good old Abdul. Fulham Twitter legend

AlexW132

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 31, 2017, 11:09:34 PM
Preston striker Jordan Hugill medical at Fulham this week. Deal announced by next week. I'm hearing 3 year contract. #fulham #preston
I saw some Polish jouno reporting this. Have to say I'm a little underwhelmed by it.

EJL

Can't really turn your nose up at a Championship striker who would reach double figures. Scored quite a few crucial goals for Preston this (last?) season -- a few winners and last minute equalisers. He's confident, a hard worker, good in the air and would add depth up top, which is what we've all been clamouring for, right?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 01, 2017, 12:13:35 AM
Quote from: mkras99 on May 31, 2017, 09:06:15 PM
More
Good old Abdul. Fulham Twitter legend

Kids an absolute tool.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: EJL on June 01, 2017, 12:47:51 AM
Can't really turn your nose up at a Championship striker who would reach double figures. Scored quite a few crucial goals for Preston this (last?) season -- a few winners and last minute equalisers. He's confident, a hard worker, good in the air and would add depth up top, which is what we've all been clamouring for, right?

With Martin going back to Derby, Woodrow possibly being sold, and Smith gone to QPR, we are literally left with that zero type of striker.

Agreed, not the mind blowing CF we was all expecting, if true, but he'd get you double figures, and is a great option off the bench, or when you need to mix it up a bit on a tough Tuesday night away to Burton.

If we do buy him, he'll be cheap, young, enthusiastic, and a player that will add depth to the squad, nothing more, so I wouldn't go getting all hit up about it.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 01, 2017, 12:14:25 AM
I saw some Polish jouno reporting this. Have to say I'm a little underwhelmed by it.
While Hugill wouldnt be my first choice, he is a solid player. We do not play with a style that needa a "fox in the box" we play 0ne up with players wide and runners supporting, he can fulfil this role quite well, he holds the ball up, can head, can finish and will run all day, he is just 24 years old as well. If we sign him and 2 other forwards then I thk he owuld be a decent addition to the squad. I say him plus 2 as I am assuming we will sell Woodrow.
Every day is a Fulham day

WhiteJC

Fulham could swoop for Inter Milan defender Isaac Donkor

Isaac Donkor

According to Italian newspaper Tutto, Fulham could move for Ghanaian centre-back Isaac Donkor.

The 21-year-old spent the second half of the season on loan at Serie B side Cesena.

He is owned by giants Inter Milan.

Donkor made eight appearances for the second half of the season.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/fulham-could-swoop-for-inter-milan-defender-isaac-donkor

WhiteJC

Should Fulham Attempt To Sign This Chelsea Man On A Permanent Basis In The Summer?

Lucas Piazon has been one of the most promising stars in Chelsea's well-known loan system but owing to the obsession of the Blues for having nothing less than sheer superstars in their ranks, the productive loan spells of players like Piazon hardly manages to appeal to the club. Having signed for the London-based club way back in 2012, the Brazilian could muster merely 1 appearance with the senior side despite having piled impressive tenures on loan with Malaga, Vitesse, Frankfurt and Reading and of course Fulham during the 2016-17 campaign of the Sky Bet Championship.

Piazon was one of the instrumental figures for the Cottagers in the season which just concluded in the English second division, having piled 30 appearances whilst which he scored 5 goals and registered 4 assists apart from garnering a healthy pass accuracy of 84.1%. Initially, he signed a six-month loan deal in the summer of 2016 with Fulham but under the tutelage of Slavisa Jokanovic, he really thrived and the former Maccabi Tel Aviv manager ensured that he stayed at the Craven Cottage for the entire campaign. It eventually turned out to be a fruitful decision as they managed to go up to the play-offs in the Championship.

It goes without saying that at this stage of his career, the 23-year-old would be vouching for some recognition and would be itching to ply his trade on a regular basis and this is where the prospect of making a permanent move to Fulham should come into the equation, with the willingness of the Whites of course. Jokanovic has shown that with the resources he has at his disposal and by maintaining group cohesiveness, his outfit looks decent enough to earn a promotion to the Premier League and after a successful late dash to clinch a top-six finish, they should be eyeing for an automatic qualification spot next season.

A central attacking midfielder who is capable enough of being efficient on either wing, Piazon orchestrates the offensive endeavours of his side up front with his shrewd movements and the ability to tear defences apart with his pinpoint passes. Besides, the attacker doesn't refrain from making important defensive contributions and his quick pace enables him to cover every blade of grass. He has the requisite calibre to succeed and if he is actually lured under the guidance of Jokanovic, he could really blossom and do wonders for the club in times to come.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/05/fulham-attempt-sign-chelsea-man-permanent-basis-summer/

@jolslover

I think Hugill is decent albeit uninspiring. Solid Mid table champ striker. Not going to take us up however. He is a lot like Chris Martin in how he plays. So if you don't like Chris Martin and complain hes slow, Chances are you won't like Hugill. Although I'm sure Hugill will try harder than Chrissy.
STH H3

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: westcliff white on June 01, 2017, 07:38:52 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on June 01, 2017, 12:14:25 AM
While Hugill wouldnt be my first choice, he is a solid player. We do not play with a style that needa a "fox in the box" we play 0ne up with players wide and runners supporting, he can fulfil this role quite well, he holds the ball up, can head, can finish and will run all day, he is just 24 years old as well. If we sign him and 2 other forwards then I thk he owuld be a decent addition to the squad. I say him plus 2 as I am assuming we will sell Woodrow.

Scored 12 in 44 games last season. Playing for a team like Fulham who creates many chances he may score even more

Friendsoffulham

Chelsea enquire about Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli as understudy to Thibaut Courtois

Chelsea have reportedly enquired about the stopper but he is unlikely to make the switch to the Champions

Chelsea have enquired about signing Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli as back-up to Thibaut Courtois, according to the Daily Mail .

Bristol City have also been keeping an eye on the 25-year-old, who allegedly features on the list of candidates Antonio Conte is considering to replace Asmir Begovic as their number two next season.

However, Bettinelli is unlikely to make the switch to Fulham's neighbours as a result of first team football being limited, something he desperately wants next season having spent most of this year on the bench.

Speaking to GetWestLondon, Bettinelli said: "Its been a long season for me, it hasn't been a great season for me if we're honest.

"I love this club and I've been at this club for a long, long time but I'm going to be turning 25 in the summer and I want to be playing regular football, and this season I haven't done that.

"I've got two more years left and I want to stay here, I love this club and want to play for this club but at the end of the day I need games and if I'm not going to get them that's it, but hopefully I can get them and get this number one shirt."

Chelsea made enquiries last season but Bettinelli rejected a move and it's likely his position on the matter won't have changed this time around.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-enquire-fulham-goalkeeper-marcus-13122597