watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EastEndWhite

Chris Martin Is no longer showing on the player profiles on the club website.  Haven't seen anything yet thanking him for his 'contribution' for the season.

Carborundum

Hugill seems a decent prospective addition to our almost striker-free squad.  Can he help take us up?  Don't see why not.  Dean Windass helped take Hull up.  Strong, willing, determined... these are prized qualities.

@jolslover

Quote from: f321ffc on June 01, 2017, 01:11:43 PM
Steve Mounie again
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/report-fulham-renew-interest-ligue-13121850.amp

Would love him but unfortunately think he's destined for bigger and better things. We wont be able to compete with the likes of Lyon or West Brom for his signature. 
STH H3

Keynsham

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 01, 2017, 12:13:35 AM
Quote from: mkras99 on May 31, 2017, 09:06:15 PM
Abdul‏ @AbdulFulham  4h4 hours ago
More
Tim Flowers (goalkeeper coach) has been sacked and we have a Spanish coach on his way over #ffc
Good old Abdul. Fulham Twitter legend

This has really made me laugh!

Asotosyios

Manchester United keen to sign Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon

Manchester United are keen to sign Ryan Sessegnon, the Fulham 17-year-old who is yet to sign a professional deal at his current club having made a precocious breakthrough into the first team last season.

The teenager turned 17 on May 18, the earliest point at which he could agree a professional deal, and with a pre-agreed contract to begin at the start of next month, albeit one which was negotiated before he became an established first-team player. He would be available for around £2 million in training compensation were he to leave the club this summer without signing a professional deal.

Sessegnon, whose twin brother Steven is another promising Fulham homegrown product, is understood to be open-minded about staying at Fulham despite the interest from United and other Premier League clubs.

The likelihood is that the player will want improved terms when it comes to his first professional deal, and assurances that should Fulham not gain promotion to the Premier League next season they would agree to sell him at the right price.

However, the interest from United has been strong and manager Jose Mourinho, whose son Jose junior was previously at the Fulham academy, is understood to rate Ryan. There is also interest from Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur with no clear signal yet that any interested parties have withdrawn from the process.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/01/manchester-united-keen-sign-fulham-wonderkid-ryan-sessegnon/

westcliff white

West Brom are after Mounie, fee wanted is around 13 million pounds
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulhamerica23

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 01, 2017, 08:23:41 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 01, 2017, 07:17:48 PM

Pay it, Khan. Pay it.
choice of prem or the championship? one winner there

other thing is FFP we don't know where we are with that, we cant also  spend a majority on one player when there is maybe 4 we need

Holders

Quite right and we've been picking up some little gems at around £2m.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Chesh

Quote from: westcliff white on June 01, 2017, 08:27:15 PM

Pay it, Khan. Pay it.
Another way of looking at it is upwardly mobile Fulham in a nice part of London, or a potentially struggling WBA in...er...West Bromwich  :005:

Take your point about FFP etc. though  :023:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: Chesh on June 01, 2017, 08:41:38 PM

Pay it, Khan. Pay it.
Another way of looking at it is upwardly mobile Fulham in a nice part of London, or a potentially struggling WBA in...er...West Bromwich  :005:

Take your point about FFP etc. though  :023:
I get what your saying, but they are established as we were, now we are not.

FFP is a horrible thing, especially considering they still have not said what QPR's punishment is

Fulhamerica23

Pay it, Khan. Pay it.

other thing is FFP we don't know where we are with that, we cant also  spend a majority on one player when there is maybe 4 we need

If Sess is going for 12 million or whatever Spurs are thought to be paying, then what's the issue? If you were to guarantee me that by selling Sess you'll get Mounie in return, you do that every day.

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 01, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

Pay it, Khan. Pay it.

If Sess is going for 12 million or whatever Spurs are thought to be paying, then what's the issue? If you were to guarantee me that by selling Sess you'll get Mounie in return, you do that every day.
One u less we agree a fee no tribunal, in my opinion, will give us £12 million

Two Mountie has the choice, if media is to be believed, between us in the championship and the baggies in the prem, I would think he would take a punt with the prem club

Three, I and I assume no one on this board knows our FFP situation, but given we have struggled in the past, I would think with less parachute payment value we will be borderline, so whoever we sell maybe  some of that money won't be available.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: westcliff white on June 01, 2017, 10:30:46 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 01, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

Pay it, Khan. Pay it.

One u less we agree a fee no tribunal, in my opinion, will give us £12 million

Two Mountie has the choice, if media is to be believed, between us in the championship and the baggies in the prem, I would think he would take a punt with the prem club

Three, I and I assume no one on this board knows our FFP situation, but given we have struggled in the past, I would think with less parachute payment value we will be borderline, so whoever we sell maybe  some of that money won't be available.

Fair point, but my guess is that Sess signs a new deal, impresses in the first half of the season and we sell him for double digits in the January window. Also, in regards to FFP, went back and read the club statement and this was when losses were at 6 million instead of 13 it seems and at that point we still had a lot of PL overhead that I would assume has now lowered.

I think to curb FFP worries we can do some shrewd business as well. If Chelsea are really in for Betts, lets just call it a swap for Kalas. We can let Jozabed go for a few million. I'd like to see Odoi stay, but he very well may go. Woodrow and Stearman will bring in at least a million combined. Lasse might be out the door. So you could scrap by another 6 or 7 million there. Spend that on our lovely 2-3 million buys we've hit on the last few years, hit on some loan signings and that's how you do it. Obviously, this is stuff that is easier said than done to be honest.

westcliff white

It is easier said than done fulhamamerica, but selling sess in Jan means no income for that possible sale so can't spend all on Mountie, we wouldn't anyway. Personally I am now thinking Sess isn't signing a new deal,I was hopeful but my hope wanes as every day passes by.

I reckon we have max 15 mill On and that will go on four p,ayers.  Do not see bets at the same price level as Kalas, but if we did some sort of part ex deal we still need another keeper. If we keep both I think they are good enough, just, for this division

EJL

Can somebody please give Sessegnon some sound advice, both in terms of what's best for his short term future and the club?

I don't want to be that person who says we're "owed" anything by a young player -- it's not about that -- but I think of it like this: if he signs a new contract, his situation doesn't change whatsoever. Literally. It doesn't provide any obstruction with regards to future transfer opportunities; every big club in the country will still scramble for his signature after, what I assume would be, a season of improvement if not the same standard.

It'll just be a sucker punch if this goes to a tribunal because the FA will absolutely bugger us like they do with every club.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: EJL on June 02, 2017, 04:17:12 AM
Can somebody please give Sessegnon some sound advice, both in terms of what's best for his short term future and the club?

I don't want to be that person who says we're "owed" anything by a young player -- it's not about that -- but I think of it like this: if he signs a new contract, his situation doesn't change whatsoever. Literally. It doesn't provide any obstruction with regards to future transfer opportunities; every big club in the country will still scramble for his signature after, what I assume would be, a season of improvement if not the same standard.

It'll just be a sucker punch if this goes to a tribunal because the FA will absolutely bugger us like they do with every club.

People should be telling him he should be getting first team football every week. Whether that is a sub or a start. He needs to develop. Youth football doesn't do it.

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 02, 2017, 05:31:56 AM
Quote from: EJL on June 02, 2017, 04:17:12 AM

People should be telling him he should be getting first team football every week. Whether that is a sub or a start. He needs to develop. Youth football doesn't do it.
That's the crux for me first team football does he want to play or be a bit part player at a huge club.

As for not mattering and changing the situation if he signs a deal, I think it does change it, I am playing devils advocate here.

If I am a big club why pay more than you need too? Just because I am big doesn't mean I don't have budgets and restrictions on what I need to do I still have to balance the books, and be within the goddamn UEFA FFP for Euro competitions, more lenient than the championship that's for sure but there all the same.

If I am Ryan then why sign if I can get a bigger signing on fee or wage by not signing?

If I am Fulham the. Great sign the deal I can get more money if I sell it alsonhave a good tyoingster that will Increase in value if he opts to stau and play first team football.

Overall for me there are changes to the situation

WhiteJC

Future of Fulham, Brentford and Aston Villa target to be decided in next few weeks

Aston Villa and Wolves are also interested in the midfielder, but the four are part of a larger group of Championship clubs chasing the 24-year-old

The future of Fulham and Brentford target Josh Scowen looks set to be decided in the next couple of weeks.

Scowen, who is 24-years-old, has also been linked with Aston Villa and Wolves and is now out of contract having failed to agree terms with Barnsley over a new deal.

GetWestLondon understands that the four clubs are part of a lager group of Championship sides currently vying for his signature, but no deal will be completed until after the midfielder returns from holiday.

And sources close to the midfielder hope to have a deal concluded with his preferred club for when he arrives back from his break, which could be as soon as the next couple of weeks.

Scowen made 118 appearances for Barnsley, making 44 in the Championship last season as the Tykes finished 14th.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/future-fulham-brentford-aston-villa-13116466