https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 16, 2017, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 01:33:29 PM
Can't believe Everton were going to pay 17 million for him.
9 in 33 games,5 million is way over the odds...lol

I bet if he was British you'd pay it though

No......

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2017, 02:13:50 PM
If Scott Hogan is worth £12m and Zohore is worth £20m (according to Warnock) then £5m for 9 goals in 29 games in ligue one is fine with me  049:gif

Chris Martin on loan for a year costs you £3m in this market !!

But Hogan isn't worth it...That's what the idiots paid for him.

hovewhite

With the exception of aluko didnt know about neeskins,ayite,n co last season,if roland signs then great.Being old school dont get about a group of people agreeing on signing players.
To many cooks?looking back last season think together no no more than me.

Tabby

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2017, 01:52:11 PM
That was 9 in 19 starts though

A goal every 196 mins. Mounie, who people on here demanded the club to pay around £15m for, scored once every 202 minutes in the same league.

Not saying that Rolan is better than Mounie, but the French league (other than Monaco and PSG) is fairly low scoring.

e4b

Last season up front we had pace from the left,pace from the right,sod all in the middle.
Now we seem to have pace on the left,pace on the right and if what we have heard is true pace through the middle. Think that will frighten a lot of teams.All we need now is a solid defense.

Holders

Quote from: Tabby on July 16, 2017, 02:19:25 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2017, 01:52:11 PM
That was 9 in 19 starts though

A goal every 196 mins. Mounie, who people on here demanded the club to pay around £15m for, scored once every 202 minutes in the same league.

Not saying that Rolan is better than Mounie, but the French league (other than Monaco and PSG) is fairly low scoring.

A good point and the point will have been made to him that we're a team that creates a lot of chances, here's an opportunity to tuck 'em away.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

I'm not against the bloke signing(he might be great for us) its the hypocrisy of some on here and the ludicrous innuendoes from posters like Deepling White and their British remark trying to make someone out to be something they aren't,the BOY wants to grow up.
I've said before I'm all for good foreign players if they have the experience of our leagues...Simple facts are last season I'd say Cairney,Malone,MacDonald, Kalas,Aluko and Johansen were our most consistent performers....Guess what they all played in our leagues...Coyw

westcliff white

Although my info is it's all agreed, I always prefer the announcement as anyone can change their minds
Every day is a Fulham day

General

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2017, 02:38:11 PM
Although my info is it's all agreed, I always prefer the announcement as anyone can change their minds

Great to have your input Westcliff white.. nice to have something reliable and grounded to base an opinion on. If Rolan is all agreed then that sounds very promising. Any news on any other deals making their way through the pipeline?   You mentioned the LB is ongoing and a separate deal? Any other updates? Do we know how many players the club expect will come and go roughly? What about the GKing situation?

westcliff white

I can only comment on the 2 French lads at present but DR is as I said, MP is 70/30 and both clubs would like to announce a double deal if possible.

Again I caveat with saying anyone can change their kids no, but I am confident that both will be done
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 02:32:45 PM
.Simple facts are last season I'd say Cairney,Malone,MacDonald, Kalas,Aluko and Johansen were our most consistent performers....Guess what they all played in our leagues...Coyw

Where do you draw the line? Is Scotland "our leagues?" By that logic, do we pick someone out of the Northern Ireland premiership?

Asotosyios

I'm not against the bloke signing(he might be great for us) its the hypocrisy of some on here and the ludicrous innuendoes from posters like Deepling White and their British remark trying to make someone out to be something they aren't,the BOY wants to grow up.
I've said before I'm all for good foreign players if they have the experience of our leagues...Simple facts are last season I'd say Cairney,Malone,MacDonald, Kalas,Aluko and Johansen were our most consistent performers....Guess what they all played in our leagues...Coyw

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it seems you have forgotten that the season before most of our transfers (Stearman, Richards, Pringle, O'Hara, Lonergan, Lewis, Ince - also Cairney, Fredericks, Ream) had previously played in "our" leagues. 

Barrett487

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2017, 03:09:00 PM
I can only comment on the 2 French lads at present but DR is as I said, MP is 70/30 and both clubs would like to announce a double deal if possible.

Again I caveat with saying anyone can change their kids no, but I am confident that both will be done

'Fee agreed, just personal terms' sounds like Rolan has been persuaded to play in the Championship. Do you have any info as to whether this is the case ?

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2017, 03:09:00 PM

Can you tell me how? My 2 won't keep quiet, and could do with trading these kids in 😂😂

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 16, 2017, 03:12:39 PM

'Fee agreed, just personal terms' sounds like Rolan has been persuaded to play in the Championship. Do you have any info as to whether this is the case ?

On the contrary, fee agreed means clubs are happy, implies nothing about Rolans preference or persuasion

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 16, 2017, 03:10:54 PM
.Simple facts are last season I'd say Cairney,Malone,MacDonald, Kalas,Aluko and Johansen were our most consistent performers....Guess what they all played in our leagues...Coyw

Where do you draw the line? Is Scotland "our leagues?" By that logic, do we pick someone out of the Northern Ireland premiership?

By our league's I meant British.
You saying they weren't our most consistent then,how many MoMs did they win?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Asotosyios on July 16, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it seems you have forgotten that the season before most of our transfers (Stearman, Richards, Pringle, O'Hara, Lonergan, Lewis, Ince - also Cairney, Fredericks, Ream) had previously played in "our" leagues. 

I think them comedians were signed by Kit not Slava.

Mince n Tatties

What makes me laugh about this forum is,you can lay things out in black n white and prove your case over and over again,there was a case a couple of weeks ago when someone (I want mention) who proved his point over and over,but still the 6 or so arguementive lot still said he was in the wrong...I'm all for debate and we all have our own ideas,but I can name 4 on here who just like to say black is white for the sake of it...Hilarious

Asotosyios

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 03:16:48 PM

Regardless, they still had experience of British football and didn't do a lot.
Just to draw a line here, I don't think we should restrict ourselves to only players having previous experience of playing in Britain. We have to make the most of our budget due to FFP and if that means we will get a few or a lot signings from abroad, then so be it. Obviously, some players from abroad might find it difficult to adjust straight away (eg Jozabed) and some might find it easier (eg Odoi). Others might prove to be a very bad signing (eg Sigurdsson) and others very useful (eg Ayite). But that is the case with every transfer and new player.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Asotosyios on July 16, 2017, 03:24:14 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 03:16:48 PM

Regardless, they still had experience of British football and didn't do a lot.
Just to draw a line here, I don't think we should restrict ourselves to only players having previous experience of playing in Britain. We have to make the most of our budget due to FFP and if that means we will get a few or a lot signings from abroad, then so be it. Obviously, some players from abroad might find it difficult to adjust straight away (eg Jozabed) and some might find it easier (eg Odoi). Others might prove to be a very bad signing (eg Sigurdsson) and others very useful (eg Ayite). But that is the case with every transfer and new player.

I'm not restricting it....Don't you think I wouldn't want Messi to come here(I'm using him as an example)