https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 24, 2017, 09:39:38 AM
This age thing makes me laugh,a certain Christian Ronaldo is 32...lol
would you take a 40 year plus player, on the back of sir Stanley Mathews could still do it then? I'm going with no
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 10:05:14 AM
would you take a 40 year plus player, on the back of sir Stanley Mathews could still do it then? I'm going with no
I think thats thaking it to the extreme, but if you can sign a quality player at an acceptbale age say 30/31/32 then there should be no issue with it, thats for me anyway. To limit yourself to under 28 as is the rumour is just ludicrous.
Every day is a Fulham day

LVBPTS

what, like Totti....in a heartbeat
Supporter since 2000

filham

We need a good Championship striker, a quick glance at our history shows that it can take us many seasons to get out of the Championship therefore the time to worry about Premiership quality players is when you get there.

Right now all concentration must be on getting to the top of the Championship and we need a striker, centre back and left back to help us in that quest.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
I think thats thaking it to the extreme, but if you can sign a quality player at an acceptbale age say 30/31/32 then there should be no issue with it, thats for me anyway. To limit yourself to under 28 as is the rumour is just ludicrous.

Ludicrous is probably the best word to describe this daft irresponsible and bizzare rule or guideline or whatever you want to describe it.
Anyone who cannot understand that and disagrees is ludicrous.
But this not the only item that is ludicrous about the way the club operates under the current regime.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

The word Ludicrous is defined in the English, Oxford Collins Dictionary as.....so foolish, unreasonable, out of place, ridiculous, absurd, farsical, risible, incongruous, preposterous, insane, idiotic, nonsensical, asinine, crazy. 

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 10:30:49 AM

Ludicrous is probably the best word to describe this daft irresponsible and bizzare rule or guideline or whatever you want to describe it.
But this not the only item that is ludicrous about the way the club operates under the current regime.
ludicrous to only sign young players with a potential sell on fee?  Think a few of us have forgotten what the oldies, freebies and loans did to us in our final years in the prem

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 10:38:53 AM

ludicrous to only sign young players with a potential sell on fee?  Think a few of us have forgotten what the oldies, freebies and loans did to us in our final years in the prem
No one said that, but ludicrous to rule out players that are 28, 29, 30,31 etc can do a job.

I actually agree with the way Utd and Arsenal do things as in if your over 30 one year contrcats etc, but as I say most teams outsdie thr prmier cannot afford to do that.

river phoenix

What about word `balance`?

Yes, we should mostly sign players of 20-27 years old but we need a couple of older heads in a team to get out of this league.

Captain Whatsisname

Quote from: river phoenix on July 24, 2017, 10:42:44 AM
What about word `balance`?

Yes, we should mostly sign players of 20-27 years old but we need a couple of older heads in a team to get out of this league.

Completely agree. I can't get my head around the idea that anyone would think we'd suddenly smash this league with only younger players. I'm sure we'd still do well but adding a couple of those that have been there and seen it before could be invaluable.

And besides weren't there lots of people disappointed that we didn't bring in Stockdale this summer?

Marcel_Gecov

Talk on twitter that Ojo has been completed. Year long loan. rejected Derby and Boro for us. Great sign.

Now for striker and CB!!! I also like the aforementioned (by me) Maddison link as well.

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 24, 2017, 11:14:22 AM
Talk on twitter that Ojo has been completed. Year long loan. rejected Derby and Boro for us. Great sign.

Now for striker and CB!!! I also like the aforementioned (by me) Maddison link as well.
The peterboro player?

God he was woeful when I watched him play against southend last season. Game finished 1-1 he scored a lete eqaliser but all game did nothing, couldnt control the ball or pass it, and moaned like a baby. tried to give some fans some stick but fell over the ball when trying to do so

@jolslover

Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2017, 11:19:23 AM

The peterboro player?

God he was woeful when I watched him play against southend last season. Game finished 1-1 he scored a lete eqaliser but all game did nothing, couldnt control the ball or pass it, and moaned like a baby. tried to give some fans some stick but fell over the ball when trying to do so

No, Ojo of Liverpool.
STH H3

westcliff white

Quote from: @jolslover on July 24, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

The peterboro player?

No, Ojo of Liverpool.
i was referring to Maddison

FFC1987

The peterboro player?

Played against us for Wolves

westcliff white

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 24, 2017, 11:41:02 AM

The peterboro player?

As I say I was rteferring to Maddison wasnt sure if he was the peterboro player, didnt know wolves had a maddison so I stand corrected :)

Woolly Mammoth

It is ludicrous to only sign young players and deliberately ignore quality players over a certain age who have the credentials to guide us into the Premier League, it's all about what happens this season, because that will define the future. You have to have a balance, and vision and not tunnels vision like you clearly have.
What your also saying is that sign them and then sell them, like some people do when they buy a house then sell it for a profit.
Well I bought my house to live in, as with bricks and mortar it's value will rise.
I don't want players to be bought then sold, I want them to stay to enhance Fulham's chances of being successful.
Experienced players are precious in a promotion campaign, just because your over 28 does not mean your over the hill. They could be the difference between going up this year, and not, then finding that TC and Sess decide that Fulham won't win a coconut under the current regime with their ludicrous maximum age policy, and we end up as a lower mid table outfit again.
One day, maybe one day when you have grown up you may just may realise how ludicrous some of the clubs transfer policy's are.

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Just think we can get someone much better than Jerome in. Shows we're panicking to me. He would get 10+ goals here and is a decent player at this level, But the lads nothing to get excited about.
STH H3

zander

Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2017, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 24, 2017, 11:41:02 AM

The peterboro player?

As I say I was rteferring to Maddison wasnt sur eif he was the peterboro player, diodnt know wolves had a maddison so I stand corrected :)

I'm pretty sure you were right first time it's Maddison of Peterborough. He's been linked a few times since January.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/transfer-rumours-maddison-linked-with-championship-clubs-1-8069547

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

It is ludicrous to only sign young players and deliberately ignore quality players over a certain age who have the credentials to guide us into the Premier League, it's all about what happens this season, because that will define the future. You have to have a balance, and vision and not tunnels vision like you clearly have.
What your also saying is that sign them and then sell them, like some people do when they buy a house then sell it for a profit.
Well I bought my house to live in, as with bricks and mortar it's value will rise.
I don't want players to be bought then sold, I want them to stay to enhance Fulham's chances of being successful.
Experienced players are precious in a promotion campaign, just because your over 28 does not mean your over the hill. They could be the difference between going up this year, and not, then finding that TC and Sess decide that Fulham won't win a coconut under the current regime with their ludicrous maximum age policy, and we end up as a lower mid table outfit again.
One day, maybe one day when you have grown up you may just may realise how ludicrous some of the clubs transfer policy's are.
which quality old players are we ignoring?