watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

If Jerome is a possibility and the rumour has been around for some time. I would be happy enough with this. We have mobile players and need a Jerome type player more than a Rolan type. Ideally another forward as well and two central defenders. But I don't see the problem with a Jerome type striker complimenting what we have.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on July 24, 2017, 11:54:09 AM
Just think we can get someone much better than Jerome in. Shows we're panicking to me. He would get 10+ goals here and is a decent player at this level, But the lads nothing to get excited about.

But if we can get someone better, please present me with a short list, and then we have to ask ourselves will Fulham pay the asking fee, as so far the club have signed Jack Poo, and do not seem to know how to either. The two tick system is farsical and undermining, and everyone is underwhelmed, and understandably so.
Even our supporters down under, under the boardwalk, and the underground, understand that no doubt.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

If this old player rule has come into effect, can we rename it the Sigurdsson rule? I'm assuming the board have looked into that deal and sacked whoever thought of the logic of paying 4m for a 30 year old on the back of one European campaign.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 11:58:41 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 10:38:53 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 10:05:14 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 24, 2017, 09:39:38 AM
This age thing makes me laugh,a certain Christian Ronaldo is 32...lol
would you take a 40 year plus player, on the back of sir Stanley Mathews could still do it then? I'm going with no
I think thats thaking it to the extreme, but if you can sign a quality player at an acceptbale age say 30/31/32 then there should be no issue with it, thats for me anyway. To limit yourself to under 28 as is the rumour is just ludicrous.

Ludicrous is probably the best word to describe this daft irresponsible and bizzare rule or guideline or whatever you want to describe it.
Anyone who cannot understand that and disagrees is ludicrous.
But this not the only item that is ludicrous about the way the club operates under the current regime.
ludicrous to only sign young players with a potential sell on fee?  Think a few of us have forgotten what the oldies, freebies and loans did to us in our final years in the prem

It is ludicrous to only sign young players and deliberately ignore quality players over a certain age who have the credentials to guide us into the Premier League, it's all about what happens this season, because that will define the future. You have to have a balance, and vision and not tunnels vision like you clearly have.
What your also saying is that sign them and then sell them, like some people do when they buy a house then sell it for a profit.
Well I bought my house to live in, as with bricks and mortar it's value will rise.
I don't want players to be bought then sold, I want them to stay to enhance Fulham's chances of being successful.
Experienced players are precious in a promotion campaign, just because your over 28 does not mean your over the hill. They could be the difference between going up this year, and not, then finding that TC and Sess decide that Fulham won't win a coconut under the current regime with their ludicrous maximum age policy, and we end up as a lower mid table outfit again.
One day, maybe one day when you have grown up you may just may realise how ludicrous some of the clubs transfer policy's are.
which quality old players are we ignoring? 
Again I dont think anyone is saying were ignoring a cedrtain player, more hilighting that we could ignore players if we had such a rule, which in some cases may not make sense as the older player may have something to offer.

If one was to advocate the rule being mentioned, we owuld never have signed Danny Murphy or Mark Schwarezer
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 24, 2017, 11:54:09 AM
Just think we can get someone much better than Jerome in. Shows we're panicking to me. He would get 10+ goals here and is a decent player at this level, But the lads nothing to get excited about.

But if we can get someone better, please present me with a short list, and then we have to ask ourselves will Fulham pay the asking fee, as so far the club have signed Jack Poo, and do not seem to know how to either. The two tick system is farsical and undermining, and everyone is underwhelmed, and understandably so.
Even our supporters down under, under the boardwalk, and the underground, understand that no doubt.
I dont have an issue with Jerome, even better if he was one of two coming in, as he gives a lot of options
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

would you take a 40 year plus player, on the back of sir Stanley Mathews could still do it then? I'm going with no
I think thats thaking it to the extreme, but if you can sign a quality player at an acceptbale age say 30/31/32 then there should be no issue with it, thats for me anyway. To limit yourself to under 28 as is the rumour is just ludicrous.

Ludicrous is probably the best word to describe this daft irresponsible and bizzare rule or guideline or whatever you want to describe it.
But this not the only item that is ludicrous about the way the club operates under the current regime.
ludicrous to only sign young players with a potential sell on fee?  Think a few of us have forgotten what the oldies, freebies and loans did to us in our final years in the prem

It is ludicrous to only sign young players and deliberately ignore quality players over a certain age who have the credentials to guide us into the Premier League, it's all about what happens this season, because that will define the future. You have to have a balance, and vision and not tunnels vision like you clearly have.
What your also saying is that sign them and then sell them, like some people do when they buy a house then sell it for a profit.
Well I bought my house to live in, as with bricks and mortar it's value will rise.
I don't want players to be bought then sold, I want them to stay to enhance Fulham's chances of being successful.
Experienced players are precious in a promotion campaign, just because your over 28 does not mean your over the hill. They could be the difference between going up this year, and not, then finding that TC and Sess decide that Fulham won't win a coconut under the current regime with their ludicrous maximum age policy, and we end up as a lower mid table outfit again.
One day, maybe one day when you have grown up you may just may realise how ludicrous some of the clubs transfer policy's are.

Any players that costs money are being ignored.
Also I have not mentioned anything about old players, just experienced players.
Is a player over 28 old, get out of here, and take Kline with you.

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 12:07:12 PM

over 28 is old in the footballing world nowadays. Times they are a changing. In my day you didn't peak till 28, most peak a lot earlier due to the physical demands now put on them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 12:27:20 PM

over 28 is old in the footballing world nowadays. Times they are a changing. In my day you didn't peak till 28, most peak a lot earlier due to the physical demands now put on them

Its generally regarded in football, that 29 is actually your peak age.

SuffolkWhite

I just think our midfield is so creative that a quick striker in the box would convert the chances, He would not have to be that special just get in the box for thee crosses whatever age he is!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RaySmith

I would have thought that a player could be in his prime at 28, but if he stays with you a couple of years then his sell on value may go down.

Obviously players in their early 20's have a better sell on value.

Woolly Mammoth

What planet are you on, with your permission,  may I ask you nicely and check the definition of the word LUDICROUS.
I thought the idea is to keep your better players to try and win something, not sell them.
This is a Football Club not an Auctioneers.

You keep selling players and you won't win a Gold Fish.   
In actual fact we are not capable of buying players without obstacles red tape and restrictions of age related coming into force.
They couldn't run a bath.

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2017, 12:35:06 PM

What planet are you on, with your permission,  may I ask you nicely and check the definition of the word LUDICROUS.
I thought the idea is to keep your better players to try and win something, not sell them.
This is a Football Club not an Auctioneers.

You keep selling players and you won't win a Gold Fish.   
I wouldn't sell any of our best players ever. But unfortunately I don't own the club. But if you are to lose them, would you want 30m for Cairney or for example lose Parker for 500k.  Either way you would have to replace them, and 30mil should free up enough wages for a bosman :005: and since we have been in championship, can anyone tell me of an oldie that we have had who was better than a young un that we have played in their place. Think dembele nails down striker role. Cairney best cm, kalas best cb. Betts best keeper imo. The list goes on. Yes there probably is some good old uns out their, I've just not seen us sign one in ages. And no I don't subscribe to the fact that if you have a few young players then you need old ones to balance it out. Ability and energy should top all stats regardless of age

river phoenix

Filip Wall 🌐‏ @WalleFilip  11m11 minutes ago
More
Fulham looking to loan CB Tyrone Mings from Bournemouth. #ffc #afcb

Would be a good signing, predominantly a left-back (was great in Champ for Ipswich), can also play at CB, tall and quick defender.

fulhamben

A little bit of humour. Steven Humphrys has just tweeted the club saying "announce neymar"

river phoenix

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 12:57:18 PM
A little bit of humour. Steven Humphrys has just tweeted the club saying "announce neymar"

You are late, Ben, that tweet was yesterday. But funny, indeed.

fulhamben

Quote from: river phoenix on July 24, 2017, 12:59:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 12:57:18 PM

You are late, Ben, that tweet was yesterday. But funny, indeed.
yes just noticed time on it. Still quality from young steven

fulhamben

Quote from: river phoenix on July 24, 2017, 12:57:16 PM
More

Would be a good signing, predominantly a left-back (was great in Champ for Ipswich), can also play at CB, tall and quick defender.
so what we thinking, a left back or Ream replacement if true

rweller86

LVC scores on his debut for Brondby. Glad to see him start well at his new club!
@rweller

Captain Whatsisname

More

Fantastic player but source of that rumour there isn't exactly reputable. Would be great if it's true but I'd be surprised - isn't he one of their most expensive signings?

Tabby

More

If we could get him for a fairly low price that could be a very good signing. If he could recapture his form from before his injury he'd be one of the best defenders in the championship.
Quote from: Captain Whatsisname on July 24, 2017, 01:05:55 PM

Fantastic player but source of that rumour there isn't exactly reputable. Would be great if it's true but I'd be surprised - isn't he one of their most expensive signings?

He has hardly played for them since signing. He was out for a year, and now has trouble getting into the team.