more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: Bracken White on August 11, 2017, 10:56:42 AM
At last, Louis Moult - a CF-type on the radar! Certainly not any replacement for Woodrow who should be persevered with. Hope it happens!

Really, hardly set the world alight in English Football, although he has done well at Motherwell. He would be a stats purchase.

Tabby

Quote from: snarks on August 11, 2017, 11:18:03 AM
At last, Louis Moult - a CF-type on the radar! Certainly not any replacement for Woodrow who should be persevered with. Hope it happens!

Really, hardly set the world alight in English Football, although he has done well at Motherwell. He would be a stats purchase.

Do you think Fulham doesn't scout Scotland?

westcliff white

and your reason for syiang that is purely based on the fact he didnt set the world alight in England

I think he has played only 20 games in any of the top four english leagues, hardly enough to judge him on. Dont get me wrong i am not saying he is a good player as I know nothing about him (and I doubt the strength of the scottish league) but very hard to judge him as a yougster playing on loan a lot for a month here and there.

Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamfan

Woodrow isnt good enough for a Championship promotion charge

Lighthouse

OFFICIAL: QPR have signed Kazenga LuaLua on loan from Brighton until January
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2017, 12:12:27 PM
OFFICIAL: QPR have signed Kazenga LuaLua on loan from Brighton until January

Makes sense for both parties. QPR get their depth player back and Brighton get rid of his wages again.

snarks

Quote from: westcliff white on August 11, 2017, 11:27:43 AM

and your reason for syiang that is purely based on the fact he didnt set the world alight in England

I think he has played only 20 games in any of the top four english leagues, hardly enough to judge him on. Dont get me wrong i am not saying he is a good player as I know nothing about him (and I doubt the strength of the scottish league) but very hard to judge him as a yougster playing on loan a lot for a month here and there.

You are right of course it was really that he is 25 now and did well as a youth but hasn't progressed until Motherwell, his Motherwell stats are impressive and his history until then not so much. I would just be surprised given that information.

Steven Ageroad

Talksport....Fulham jump to head of the queue for Motherwell Striker Louis Moult.
[/quote]

5th best goal scorer in the (poor) league, playing for a struggling team isn't that bad. Big step up moving there from the conference league so he might have another step up in him...   
[/quote]

5th best goal scorer in the (poor) league!? Should we not be going for the best or second best goal scorer in that league?

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 11, 2017, 12:47:57 PM
Talksport....Fulham jump to head of the queue for Motherwell Striker Louis Moult.

5th best goal scorer in the (poor) league, playing for a struggling team isn't that bad. Big step up moving there from the conference league so he might have another step up in him...   
[/quote]

5th best goal scorer in the (poor) league!? Should we not be going for the best or second best goal scorer in that league?
[/quote]

Signed by Burton for 0.5m, now out of months with a knee injury. The other 3 ahead of him are from Celtic they would have no interest in joining us.

TXWhite

WW - as I understand it, we are essentially in the same position with both Rolan and Waris (correct me if I've misunderstood).

So, in our best case scenario, both players available at end of window and keen to join, who are we taking? Personally, I don't see why we'd spend the extra £4M or whateve on Waris.

westcliff white

Quote from: TXWhite on August 11, 2017, 01:08:38 PM
WW - as I understand it, we are essentially in the same position with both Rolan and Waris (correct me if I've misunderstood).

So, in our best case scenario, both players available at end of window and keen to join, who are we taking? Personally, I don't see why we'd spend the extra £4M or whateve on Waris.

Essentially yes, and I owuld agree. Although Waris gives you more in that he is a strike rwho is equally good out wide, where as Rolan is a striker who can play wide. depends what your lokoing for i guess.

Of course we may just sign one more striker (and no the two i would hope for) and it could be someone completely different ;)
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

Wouldn't say they would have no interest in coming here,we took StefJo off them last year, but if we are looking a striker, 2 of the 4 ahead of him in those scoring charts are Sinclair and Armstrong as midfielders, Boycey is out for the season more or less and the other would be Moussa who is either staying or moving for silly money

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 11, 2017, 12:47:57 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember a few on here saying don't buy Johansen from that league.... :022:
Also at 500,000 could turn out a real bargain.

Sir Craven

Very interesting article on Brentford's youth/transfer policy:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718752-brentfords-moneyball-way-to-beat-football-teams-wi

Hurts me to say it but they may be on to something...

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 11, 2017, 01:12:21 PM
Wouldn't say they would have no interest in coming here,we took StefJo off them last year, but if we are looking a striker, 2 of the 4 ahead of him in those scoring charts are Sinclair and Armstrong as midfielders, Boycey is out for the season more or less and the other would be Moussa who is either staying or moving for silly money

Johansen had fallen out of favour at the time, these guys appear to be very much in the managers plans. Big difference.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Sir Craven on August 11, 2017, 02:41:30 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718752-brentfords-moneyball-way-to-beat-football-teams-wi

Now minus the academy aspects of this, what is different to how Fulham go about things? Stats and looking for value wherever it can be found is the future for teams like ours and ultimately when the current bubble bursts the big teams will be looking at us and Brentford for ideas.

Good on, Brentford and Fulham for being different. Is it better to be Brentford selling Hogan and still finishing 3 places ahead of Villa or being Villa and spending 27m (incl McCormack) for 5 goals...?

Tabby

Based on recent years, I think the academy is paying for itself. We got a lot of money for Roberts, and stand to gain much more if we sell Ryan.

But other than that, their system is very similar.

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2017, 05:07:59 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2017, 03:51:51 PM

Based on recent years, I think the academy is paying for itself. We got a lot of money for Roberts, and stand to gain much more if we sell Ryan.

But other than that, their system is very similar.

Agree. Last year when we lost Dembele and Hyndman for nothing I would have disagreed but now with Sessegnon tied down plus several others clearly coming through, if the cost is £2m per season then that seems value for money.

As to the use of stats, IMO they (and we, potentially) are deluding themselves if we think that's something revolutionary that other clubs aren't doing. The only unorthodox thing we do is give it primacy over, or parity with, the judgement of experienced scouts and managers. I'll wait and see how that turns out for us before I judge. Last time I checked both Fulham and Brentford were still in the Championship.

Statto - if we'd had a stats guy at the time - do you think the Steve Marlet transfer would have gone through??

At the time a longstanding season ticket holder told me that he would be a class above the others - to be honest - I'd never heard of him and after seeing him play on the odd occasion I could not see why he was seen as a saviour
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

@jolslover

How do people still rate Woodrow honestly, If his name was Gohi Zverotic and he came from France people would have been done with him 2 years ago...

I don't even dislike him or think hes a bad player but its clear he is not good enough to be even second choice here.
STH H3