https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on August 15, 2017, 10:43:17 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 15, 2017, 10:41:21 PM
Reports coming in that Piazon has a broken fibula. How much more bad luck can we take? We are getting near the bare bones for attacking players. The club may have to act quickly to plug the gaps.
starting to hope ojo rumours are true now. Didn't think we needed him, but 2 injured left wingers in a week. What bad luck
Kline is psychic apparently.

Maybe he hired the hex doctor that Benfica use.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on August 15, 2017, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 15, 2017, 10:43:17 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 15, 2017, 10:41:21 PM
Reports coming in that Piazon has a broken fibula. How much more bad luck can we take? We are getting near the bare bones for attacking players. The club may have to act quickly to plug the gaps.
starting to hope ojo rumours are true now. Didn't think we needed him, but 2 injured left wingers in a week. What bad luck
Kline is psychic apparently.

Maybe he hired the hex doctor that Benfica use.
lol, or maybe he was gonna sell someone and replace them with a loan. Bonus for asset stripping
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mkras99

Lyall Thomas‏Verified account @SkySportsLyall  8m8 minutes ago
More
Neil Warnock has confirmed that Joe Bennett is "entitled" to speak to #FulhamFC as part of discussions over a move from #CardiffCity

We Are Premier League

any word on the potential cost of Bennett? interesting that his release clause is mentioned...

"Warnock did stress Bennett – who has a release clause in his contract – was not guaranteed to leave and missed Tuesday night's win over Sheffield United with a calf injury."

The Rock

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2017, 07:47:27 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 05:28:17 PM
I get that band are the way to do it but if QPR win their case then they need to compensate those teams that also broke the rules and have been punished.

Surely easier to not enforce (they won't do that) before they know what's what with QPR or just say pay it or be expelled for a season while we see what's what in court. If the league thought they had a cast iron case they would have done something surely

And if they get a lesser fine obviously that will be the standard for everyone to cheat the system. I am VERY interested to see the outcome, and it has been ongoing for how long?
But it's a bit more complicated than that.

If QPR "win" what that will probably actually mean is the loan write-off was within the rules. So QPR will not have breached FFP at all, therefore the case has no relevance to those teams who have breached it.

The more likely outcome IMO is just a much lower fine than they were rumoured to be getting. Remember they couldn't be given an embargo, only a fine, because they were in the PL, outside the FL's jurisdiction, when the case started. As far as I'm aware the FL has never said what the fine would be, the press have just speculated. So if QPR admit breaching the rules and take a fine of say, £5m, is that them winning or losing? How does that relate to clubs like us that have had an embargo? Are we going to say it's unfair because a 6 month embargo is worse than a £5m fine? Difficult to argue...
your right I know, just saying they should not be dishing out if they are unsure. because if qpr get a lesser fine then everyone could have done what they did so QPR got an unfair advantage so to speak. The whole thing is a mess

Mince n Tatties

Apparently Talksport saying he has told Cardiff he wants to join Fulham..

Tabby

Would be good to get him in. Sess might need to cover on the wing with our current luck with injuries.

David I

SamE_FFC

Jordan Graham from Wolves in "advanced talks", watch this space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roberty

WW - I know time will tell BUT do you think that the club actually want to sign all of the players we are currently being strongly linked too? (I my mind I have discounted Rolan and Waris)

I can see that allowing themselves to be linked to player could be a ploy to get particular signings over the line but after taking a more surgical approach we now seem to have set off a blunderbuss and I'm struggling to find a reason for us not to sign any of them.

Given our recent spate of injuries and the suspension it is easy to see that SJ will be able to keep them all busy if they fit to his profile.

and finally - are you aware of any other position we are looking to recruit - we are now entering the last chance saloon for clubs wanting to offload players so presumably there will be lots of players being offered to us.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

westcliff white

Quote from: Roberty on August 16, 2017, 06:40:10 AM
WW - I know time will tell BUT do you think that the club actually want to sign all of the players we are currently being strongly linked too? (I my mind I have discounted Rolan and Waris)

I can see that allowing themselves to be linked to player could be a ploy to get particular signings over the line but after taking a more surgical approach we now seem to have set off a blunderbuss and I'm struggling to find a reason for us not to sign any of them.

Given our recent spate of injuries and the suspension it is easy to see that if SJ will be able to keep them all busy if they fit to his profile.

and finally - are you aware of any other position we are looking to recruit - we are now entering the last chance saloon for clubs wanting to offload players so presumably there will be lots of players being offered to us.
I think they want signings and know they need them, probably 4 or so in my mind, maybe more now piazon could be out for a while, not sur how bad his break is.

Re Waris, Poundje and Rolan there are slim chances now for me, Waris gone very quiet, Poundje that surprised me this week and that's 30/70 only way we sign him and bennet is if someone who can play left side leaves as for Rolan never say never, bizzarely I think that's more likely than the other two. Remy is very early stages.

As for the other players linked I really don't gave a source in those markets that I can say I know, everything us third hand. Fonte looks a goer the rest who knows.

Position wise I know we have enquired recently about a CB, LB, Fwd (2), wide player and GK but clubs require all the time. GK is least important fir me right mow
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

The Jordan(I've never heard of him) Graham story is fake sh*" I believe.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 16, 2017, 07:35:41 AM
It's ironic. We were saying on here yesterday how a full championship squad needs some players like Madl who aren't world beaters but can come into the starting XI here and there and not give you a heart attack.

But Are Joe Bennett and Jordan Graham up to that standard?

Probably not IMO.

Bennett would probably be our 3rd best left back and Graham looks like a total sicknote and/or an average League One player who wouldn't even get into our u23s.

Maybe Bennett will turn out to be useful or better than expected but surely Graham is an absolutely pointless signing.
after the Malone signing and how well he did,, unless I know the player really well I reserve judgement on how well they could do . at least for first thirty minutes. 
Just the views of a long term fan

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on August 16, 2017, 07:35:41 AM
It's ironic. We were saying on here yesterday how a full championship squad needs some players like Madl who aren't world beaters but can come into the starting XI here and there and not give you a heart attack.

But Are Joe Bennett and Jordan Graham up to that standard?

Bennett would probably be our 3rd best left back after Sess and Odoi, and Graham looks like a total sicknote and/or an average League One player who wouldn't even get into our u23s.

Maybe Bennett will turn out to be useful or better than expected but surely Graham is an absolutely pointless signing.

I've never heard of any of them but that does not surprise me

If we do sign any of them I hope they follow in the footsteps of Malone - who I remember was not loved when he arrived and some even thought we got the bad end of the deal when we swapped him for Jazz
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 11:23:28 PM

Not according to someone who sounds reasonably well informed on the Cardiff messageboard.
Apparently has a child on the way and although talking to Fulham his agent & Cardiff are hopeful of signing a new improved offer. Wouldnt be the first time we've been used in that way

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 16, 2017, 08:10:18 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 11:23:28 PM

Not according to someone who sounds reasonably well informed on the Cardiff messageboard.
Apparently has a child on the way and although talking to Fulham his agent & Cardiff are hopeful of signing a new improved offer. Wouldnt be the first time we've been used in that way

Wouldn't be the first time Talksport talk Sh**..lol

Marcel_Gecov

Joselu joins Newcastle for 5m - Rolan to us? Same price more or less...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 16, 2017, 09:13:47 AM

Did you have to mention that blokes name again,I'm beginning to hate him..lol

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2017, 09:15:40 AM

Rolan, Rolan, Rolan. My favourite band is the Rolan stones. Trying to think of other Rolan gags...

deano_632

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 16, 2017, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2017, 09:15:40 AM

Rolan, Rolan, Rolan. My favourite band is the Rolan stones. Trying to think of other Rolan gags...

Rolan on the river?