Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 05:19:05 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 03:39:16 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 15, 2017, 03:32:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 01:10:39 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 15, 2017, 01:01:15 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 15, 2017, 12:32:20 PM
Our problem is not that we dont have cash to spend I believe. Its difficult to get the Quality of player that we want at this stage of the window. Getting Bodies in is not the answer ,we need players competing for starting places .
We do: having Sess and Cairney is like having a post-dated cheque - we can draw on it when we want. If we don't spend we will never end the season in the top 2. 4-6 is possible but that's a lottery. Spend now please Mr Khan and if we don't go up and we get a transfer ban because of FFP we can cash in on Tom and Sess (they would probably want to go anyway) and we have balanced the books. Wolves are splashing the cash and will be there or there abouts in May. It's the only way IMO.
Sorry but I have mention its not that simple.

Lets say we bust it this window. A ban and even worse (pts reduction, lots of options now for the lge)c ould come in this January. We would also be banned next summer.
Unless we were able to offload next summer (and clubs would know we have to sell so would not pay top price)  and then show league we not only have  a balanced budget for that year but also have not exceeded the 3 year £39M limit we could be banned again for Jan 2019.

To be within all required limits this time next year without any ban due in Jan 2019, we would basically need a low cost low wage team which would probably go down.

Anyway enjoy rest of your day on that downbeat answer.
Really? Tell that to QPR!

But with respect, it isn't quite that simple either. If we overspend and end up with a promotion chasing team but just miss out, does a ban the following summer really matter? We would still have the same team to try again the following year. Or if some leave, the books could be balanced. My point is I can't see us ever going up unless we break the unfair FFP rules, and this year is the one to go for it. Or get used to being a Championship team.
but if they dont leave you leave your self exoposed for every year as their wages are high and you have part of the fees over the years its not easy either way

Although I do not see how any FFP can be enforced in the EPL while QPR still dont settle theirs
transfer bans have been enforced and it's the easiest way the Efl can do it and even while the QPR judgment is till going on.
Hand on heart I truly believe if we 'went for it' this season and failed, we would be in league one for the  2019-20 season, because of the amount of cost cutting we would need to do to get back to a team that has lost less than 39m over three year  period.
Of course we could struggle on and not sell the long term contracted players and hope it works in 18-19, but would they want to?

Edit... Ok maybe a bit over dramatic, but it wouldn't be good long term.
I get that band are the way to do it but if QPR win their case then they need to compensate those teams that also broke the rules and have been punished.

Surely easier to not enforce (they won't do that) before they know what's what with QPR or just say pay it or be expelled for a season while we see what's what in court. If the league thought they had a cast iron case they would have done something surely
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

On the transfer front ...... William Remy is at the very early stages I am told and is no where near close

westcliff white

The times reporting that we want £50 million for Ryan Sessegnon after turning down a bid from Spurs, which sky say never came in

Rambler

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 05:31:02 PM
The times reporting that we want £50 million for Ryan Sessegnon after turning down a bid from Spurs, which sky say never came in

Good to hear the club has some 'balls' and is standing up for itself. If they want the player then they have to really splash the cash

General

Quote from: Rambler on August 15, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

Good to hear the club has some 'balls' and is standing up for itself. If they want the player then they have to really splash the cash

I have to admit when it comes to outgoings the club has made life so much more bearable.... although I say that in regards to this transfer window. They dropped the ball on Dembele, Patrick Roberts and Hyndman though. I am aware our current transfer dealings may be led by the idea that our senior management are planning for promotion (hence the players with premiership/ligue one experience and loan players)... just hope it comes to fruition and they support Jokanovic properly.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: General on August 15, 2017, 06:07:14 PM

I have to admit when it comes to outgoings the club has made life so much more bearable.... although I say that in regards to this transfer window. They dropped the ball on Dembele, Patrick Roberts and Hyndman though. I am aware our current transfer dealings may be led by the idea that our senior management are planning for promotion (hence the players with premiership/ligue one experience and loan players)... just hope it comes to fruition and they support Jokanovic properly.

Well the Dembele situation was Rigg and it was he who dropped the ball. The agent wanted 60k per week. Rigg said no, Dembele left for 500k. Rigg was fired as there was an appetite to offer him the contract and flog him for big money but somehow Rigg was able to overrule the others (chief football officer purview perhaps) This decision cost the club many millions. Seems like they've learnt from their mistakes.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 15, 2017, 06:28:13 PM

Well the Dembele situation was Rigg and it was he who dropped the ball. The agent wanted 60k per week. Rigg said no, Dembele left for 500k. Rigg was fired as there was an appetite to offer him the contract and flog him for big money but somehow Rigg was able to overrule the others (chief football officer purview perhaps) This decision cost the club many millions. Seems like they've learnt from their mistakes.

If he wanted £60k per week then it's not unreasonable to turn that down. That's huge for Championship level. He'll be on far less at Celtic.

Slaphead in Qatar

Have to say I am worried if we are paying 9mil for Rui fonte. 27 years old and played only 139 league games with only 35 goals.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on August 15, 2017, 06:49:15 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 15, 2017, 06:28:13 PM

If he wanted £60k per week then it's not unreasonable to turn that down. That's huge for Championship level. He'll be on far less at Celtic.

Not if you flog him for 10m after 6 months...

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

fulhamben

Quote from: bobby01 on August 15, 2017, 07:33:10 PM
Bennet not in Cardiff team or on bench
I'd imagine it would be the same if he signed for us too 😉
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mkras99

http://www.abola.pt/nacional/Noticias/Ver/687547

Rui Fonte is out of SC Braga to represent Fulham. The transfer will be consummated for nine million euros, plus sports bonuses. The Bola knows that the 27-year-old forward travels in the next few hours to England to take the medical examinations that precede signing the contract with the London club. Rui Fonte will no longer be an option for Abel Ferreira in the game with Hafnarfjordur, scheduled for next Thursday in Iceland, for the first leg of the Europa League play-off .

Birmingham White

Jordan Graham is an interesting player for us to be linked to. He ripped us apart at Wolves 2 seasons ago but then had a bad injury. Wolves picked him up on a free from Villa. Could potentially be a very good signing if over injuries, another winger though.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2017, 07:47:27 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 05:28:17 PM
I get that band are the way to do it but if QPR win their case then they need to compensate those teams that also broke the rules and have been punished.

Surely easier to not enforce (they won't do that) before they know what's what with QPR or just say pay it or be expelled for a season while we see what's what in court. If the league thought they had a cast iron case they would have done something surely

But it's a bit more complicated than that.

If QPR "win" what that will probably actually mean is the loan write-off was within the rules. So QPR will not have breached FFP at all, therefore the case has no relevance to those teams who have breached it.

The more likely outcome IMO is just a much lower fine than they were rumoured to be getting. Remember they couldn't be given an embargo, only a fine, because they were in the PL, outside the FL's jurisdiction, when the case started. As far as I'm aware the FL has never said what the fine would be, the press have just speculated. So if QPR admit breaching the rules and take a fine of say, £5m, is that them winning or losing? How does that relate to clubs like us that have had an embargo? Are we going to say it's unfair because a 6 month embargo is worse than a £5m fine? Difficult to argue...
your right I know, just saying they should not be dishing out if they are unsure. because if qpr get a lesser fine then everyone could have done what they did so QPR got an unfair advantage so to speak. The whole thing is a mess

Steven Ageroad

As the last few weeks of the transfer saga really gets under way, as it does in most transfer windows, do you think there should be a seperate topic for FFP, it's getting very boring on the transfer link. I think a lot of fans like me are not reading the full text of FFP and are just more interested in what's happening in the FFC transfer market.

westcliff white

It affects transfers so fine for me personally, maybe gone a bit heAvy as very little happening but as and when things puck up all will be correct

Deuce

Rui Fontes stats at Braga are actually quite good - 25 goals in 70 games, so I think its unfair bringing up his entire stats history from way back.

16/17: 38 games 15 goals
15/16: 28 games 8 goals (15 league games and 8 league goals)
14/15: 13 games 2 goals for the portuguese premier division but he scored 17 goals in 21 games in the second tier.

And started off this season quite well with 2 goals in 4 games.

Dont think he'll be our messias but a good signing overall. Signing another quality forward would however calm my nerves a bit, wouldnt mind me a bit of Waris.

mkras99

Phil Blanche‏
@philblanche
Fulham talking to Joe Bennett over possible move - Neil Warnock confirms player has buy-out clause in his Cardiff contract.

grandad

Reports coming in that Piazon has a broken fibula. How much more bad luck can we take? We are getting near the bare bones for attacking players. The club may have to act quickly to plug the gaps.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 15, 2017, 10:41:21 PM
Reports coming in that Piazon has a broken fibula. How much more bad luck can we take? We are getting near the bare bones for attacking players. The club may have to act quickly to plug the gaps.
starting to hope ojo rumours are true now. Didn't think we needed him, but 2 injured left wingers in a week. What bad luck
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.