https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Aluko with some worrying quotes. Committed to getting Fulham promoted but wants to play in the prem  & aggressively exploring ? Would look at anything that came in

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 27, 2017, 10:08:31 AM
Aluko with some worrying quotes. Committed to getting Fulham promoted but wants to play in the prem  & aggressively exploring ? Would look at anything that came in
where were those comments?

and if thats the case why did he join a team that had been struggling when he was released from Hull

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on June 27, 2017, 10:12:37 AM
''I'm very happy at Fulham,'' Aluko told Goal.

''Yes, I played regular football and I only missed one game which for the last two years I've never had that level of play.

''I'm not in a rush to leave Fulham but like every player you want to play in the Premier League. So you'd never know in football.

''But now, I'm exploring aggressively right now. If it comes, I'll look at whatever comes. But my focus now is to get promoted with Fulham which I'm believe it's a possibility.''
Thanks Statto, strange last couple of sentences, in no rush to leave, but also exploring agressively.

He, for me anyway, will be with us next season

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on June 27, 2017, 10:13:57 AM

''Yes, I played regular football and I only missed one game which for the last two years I've never had that level of play.

''I'm not in a rush to leave Fulham but like every player you want to play in the Premier League. So you'd never know in football.

''But now, I'm exploring aggressively right now. If it comes, I'll look at whatever comes. But my focus now is to get promoted with Fulham which I'm believe it's a possibility.''
Thanks Statto, strange last couple of sentences, in no rush to leave, but also exploring agressively.

Exploring aggressively suggests to me he has his agent touting him about or at least putting out feelers.
Strange thing for an intelligent guy to come out with

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on June 27, 2017, 11:25:04 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 27, 2017, 10:20:05 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 27, 2017, 10:13:57 AM

Exploring aggressively suggests to me he has his agent touting him about or at least putting out feelers.
Strange thing for an intelligent guy to come out with

I agree. Given the publication, I really wouldn't be surprised if the word "not", before "aggressively exploring", has been erroneously left out of the quote. Otherwise he is almost contradicting himself

Does no one else think that's a mis-print.. If you read the line before, I think it is supposed to read 'not' aggressively exploring, but I'd obviously look at any offers.....

Actually Statto, i've just realised that you are saying the same thing 
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

aaronmcguigan

It's either been through some tabloid filter and come out all contradictory or they've translated it into Spanish and back again for no reason.

Aggressively exploring doesn't make sense. It HAS to be not aggressively exploring. Everybody who isn't playing in the premier league would of course be exploring. It's natural. Aggressively exploring means searching. Who are GOAL? Geniusly Omitting Appropriate Language???

Hoppus

Ole Selnes (Norwegian midtfielder @ St Etienne) have been linked to Fulham. We had a bid last summer that was rejected. 

Today my local newspaper here in Norway (adressa.no) released a podcast where Ole Selnes talk about the interest from Fulham (among many other topics). He says he know that there has been interest from Fulham, but that's all he know. St Etienne really want him to stay and he got 3 years left of his contract. They also got a new manager (Oscar Garcia) that want Selnes to stay.

He says that he could play with Stefan Johansen and that their not to similar to play together. Selnes is more of a playmaker.

Barrett487

Has this rumour been covered already?

http://the72.co.uk/85293/bcfc-to-sell-star-defender/

Bristol City are prepared to sell centre back Aden Flint, according to the Daily Mail. Sky Bet Championship rivals Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Fulham are all keen on a deal for the goalscoring defender.

The 27-year-old has impressed in both boxes since making the move to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town for £300,000 back in 2013. He helped the Robins win the Sky Bet League One title and then consolidate back in the second tier over the last few years. He is rated at £4million by his current club, with Lee Johnson now seemingly prepared to let his in-demand player depart.

Johnson recently stated that he would be prepared to players to leave should they wish, rather than risk offering bigger wages to keep him on board but potentially upset the balance and morale in the squad. He has previously been linked with a move into the Premier League, but not he has proved himself in the Championship, there are three clubs who are particularly keen.

Steve Bruce clearly wishes to add to his defensive options at Aston Villa, especially given the issues he had in this department last season. In the case of Fulham, they are looking to replace Tomas Kalas, who returned to Chelsea following the end of a season-long loan at Craven Cottage. Garry Monk is looking to stamp his own authority at the Riverside Stadium since taking charge earlier this summer. He will have seen first hand of Flint's qualities when managing Leeds at this level last season.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 27, 2017, 03:07:48 PM

Bristol City are prepared to sell centre back Aden Flint, according to the Daily Mail. Sky Bet Championship rivals Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Fulham are all keen on a deal for the goalscoring defender.

The 27-year-old has impressed in both boxes since making the move to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town for £300,000 back in 2013. He helped the Robins win the Sky Bet League One title and then consolidate back in the second tier over the last few years. He is rated at £4million by his current club, with Lee Johnson now seemingly prepared to let his in-demand player depart.

Johnson recently stated that he would be prepared to players to leave should they wish, rather than risk offering bigger wages to keep him on board but potentially upset the balance and morale in the squad. He has previously been linked with a move into the Premier League, but not he has proved himself in the Championship, there are three clubs who are particularly keen.

Steve Bruce clearly wishes to add to his defensive options at Aston Villa, especially given the issues he had in this department last season. In the case of Fulham, they are looking to replace Tomas Kalas, who returned to Chelsea following the end of a season-long loan at Craven Cottage. Garry Monk is looking to stamp his own authority at the Riverside Stadium since taking charge earlier this summer. He will have seen first hand of Flint's qualities when managing Leeds at this level last season.

Love us to get him.

AlexW132

For Aluko to be demanding Premier League even though he's a bit average is a bit arrogant if you ask me. He's already had 2 seasons there with Hull anyway.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 27, 2017, 03:13:26 PM

Love us to get him.

Yes he would ideal for us.
What happened to that player Saga you were discussing on another thread. Is he still available, although my information is that he has been snapped up by an over 50s team.   092.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 27, 2017, 07:22:33 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 27, 2017, 03:13:26 PM

Love us to get him.

Yes he would ideal for us.
What happened to that player Saga you were discussing on another thread. Is he still available, although my information is that he has been snapped up by an over 50s team.   092.gif

Think he has become lost in the Twilight Zone.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: @jolslover on June 27, 2017, 06:35:56 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3896100/youssouf-mulumbu-fulham-transfer-policy-players-over-28/

Not sure I agree with this, Assume this means Parker not getting new contract?

I have real trouble believing it's because he's over 28 yrs old. What a strange notion.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

gerrys

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3896100/youssouf-mulumbu-fulham-transfer-policy-players-over-28/

Well Parker wouldn't  be a new signing......just a renewal, already tried and trusted.

@jolslover

Flint is a good CB but doesn't fit Fulham at all.
Not good on the ball and that is so pivotal to the way we play. Don't think hes a player we'd go for but am sure he would be a great success at a club like Villa
STH H3

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: gerrys on June 27, 2017, 08:13:36 PM

Well Parker wouldn't  be a new signing......just a renewal, already tried and trusted.

Would that make a difference? Both are out of contract, tried and tested but also more of a risk being considerably older. Both are freebies, and Parker will be nowhere near the first team if he's given a one year deal, same can't be said of Mulumbu though .

Then again , has this story appeared anywhere other than The S*n?