watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Here's a possible rumour this morning..Aluko +cash to Brentford for Jota.

twang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 28, 2017, 08:24:42 AM

I very much doubt that Sone would be open to that.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: twang on August 28, 2017, 08:45:38 AM

True,but with window near to closing he might have no option if told he not going to be a starter here.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: twang on August 28, 2017, 08:45:38 AM

No chance, Aluko wants more money & Brentford have a very strict wage structure. Would imagine he would already be on far more than any Brentford player

westcliff white

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 27, 2017, 10:48:55 AM
In other news, Burnley don't want Waris anymore so he's without any higher level cubs wanting him. WW do you reckon there's a chance we may move on him now??
Always a chance, but I think at this stage it is less than 10%, with Rolan off to Spain (his preferred destination anyway) the chances are higher for a last minute transfer, but personally think very unlikely at this time. Other targets now in mind.

In some ways the Bilic saga could be helping us, because the board don't want to lose SJ, and West Ham are rumoured to have him along with Benitez as their top targets. SO maybe we will be pushing the boat out now to get a few more in, just speculation from me of course.

The Engles story does have some foundation, am firming up what our interest is
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

Any one know what all the man city fans are talking about ref Robert's. Apparently man city won't sell because of clauses we have on Robert's. Surely it's can't just be a sell on as they lose money on loads of signing they make?

Lighthouse

I really think all these late rumours are exactly that. Or once again us pretending to make a late bid for top players. We don't need to spend money like that other than the centre half. Still makes interesting reading. But am treating it all as a lot of twaddle. Not Waddle, twaddle.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Carborundum

Would be surprised if Aluko went anywhere other than Reading now. 

To make our team top 2 worthy some really good players have to be upgraded and the rumours re Jota and Forestieri seem in keeping with that. Having watched them both several times I see it as

Forestieri > Jota > Aluko

e4b

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2017, 10:06:27 AM
I really think all these late rumours are exactly that. Or once again us pretending to make a late bid for top players. We don't need to spend money like that other than the centre half. Still makes interesting reading. But am treating it all as a lot of twaddle. Not Waddle, twaddle.
Can't agree with you mate.Still think we have a bit more business to do.

cmg

Pat Roberts now generally reported to be returning to Glasgow for another season.
Seems like a bit of a 'comfort zone' move to me.
His development as a player would surely be better served if he had chosen PL suitors (Southampton, Huddersfield) or Ligue 1 (Nice - better weather than Glasgow, too!).
I know they like him at Celtic and all those shiny medals look tempting - but 'been there, done that'.
I see him as already having made one error of judgement in choosing to collect a Scottish FA Cup medal (yawn) instead of joining the England squad that won the u20 World Cup.

More of interest to us; it is stated that Manchester City have hard-bargained a 'considerable' loan fee for his services. I wonder if we negotiated a sniff of loan fees? 

AlexW132

Quote from: Carborundum on August 28, 2017, 10:20:43 AM
Would be surprised if Aluko went anywhere other than Reading now. 

To make our team top 2 worthy some really good players have to be upgraded and the rumours re Jota and Forestieri seem in keeping with that. Having watched them both several times I see it as

Agreed but Forestieri is not twice the player Jota is as their respective prices seem to show. Anyway I don't think either will happen, let's go for Engels instead.

Lighthouse

Quote from: e4b on August 28, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2017, 10:06:27 AM
Can't agree with you mate.Still think we have a bit more business to do.

Hope so, just don't think it will be any huge transfer. Still the last week is always like this. Half the fun is speculating.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

b+w geezer

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 28, 2017, 10:52:57 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on August 28, 2017, 10:20:43 AM
Agreed but Forestieri is not twice the player Jota is as their respective prices seem to show.
That's however not what pricing in football denotes, particularly in forwards. Marginal differences in quaility tend to lead to non-marginal differences in price. They're often unjustified, agreed, and yet they can be.

After all a marginal difference in that position, particularly with regard to finishing (even penalties alone!), could well have seen us promoted last season. We'd then have had much more than twice the revenue from TV.

JoelH5

I would definitely prefer Jota over Forestieri. Better cross on him
I was there, standing in the Putney end

@jolslover

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 28, 2017, 11:38:51 AM
I would definitely prefer Jota over Forestieri. Better cross on him

I've never actually seen Jota cross it, He always cuts in onto his left.
STH H3

Riversider

To all the people saying that we should sign Jota and/or Forestieri can you please tell the rest of us who you would have left out of the starting eleven on Saturday for them both to play as they sure as hell wouldn't come to Fulham to sit on the bench !
In my opinion if we've got any money left to spend it should be spent on a commanding centre half as that's where our squad really needs the cover.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
To all the people saying that we should sign Jota and/or Forestieri can you please tell the rest of us who you would have left out of the starting eleven on Saturday for them both to play as they sure as hell wouldn't come to Fulham to sit on the bench !
In my opinion if we've got any money left to spend it should be spent on a commanding centre half as that's where our squad really needs the cover.

Aluko didn't feature Saturday but if he stays I'd expect him to feature regularly. The idea of bringing in Jota or someone like that is to replace him of he's sold.

Sheff Wed have 6 good strikers, so having options is never a bad thing. Our squad could do with one more striker so for that reason I think we should go for Forestieri.

1) He scores goals more
2) He can play as a striker of Fonte isn't available otherwise we are relying on Kamara who hasn't looked too impressive.

We need a Forestieri and a centre back to make this window a superb one
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

sussexwhite

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2017, 02:36:51 PM
Jota due at Motspur Park tomorrow
What's your thinking behind that statement ? You have a good source ?

westcliff white

Jota is an attacking midfielder isn't he, more central as well?
if so why do we need him? for me a third striker and a centre back would be good additions. not worried if Aluko leaves as feel we have enough wide men
Every day is a Fulham day