watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Paper Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 07, 2017, 11:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Fulham set to hand Slava 30million transfer fund if we go up(is that all..lol)
And Ryan Sessegnon has been tempted to sign up with top agent Will Salthouse's company which will send a chill through the cottage...lol
Wind must be coming off the Thames then.

Tonywa

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 11:23:28 AM
And Ryan Sessegnon has been tempted to sign up with top agent Will Salthouse's company which will send a chill through the cottage...lol

Sad to say that, bearing in mind we would need to replace the vast bulk of the current side to stand any chance of staying in the Premier League I wouldn't have thought that £30,000,000 would do much more than almost guarantee a difficult relegation struggle. Fairly average players now go for in the region of £10,000,000 which is, of course, lunacy, but that's the state of the market.

VicHalomsLovechild

Out of interest. Does anyone know what Bournemouth spent in their promotion build up and their first season in the Premiership?

..FOF..

30million + 30million from Sess's sale = 60 million

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 07, 2017, 02:17:14 PM

Sess isn't going anywhere

river phoenix

Quote from: Tonywa on May 07, 2017, 12:59:17 PM

Sad to say that, bearing in mind we would need to replace the vast bulk of the current side to stand any chance of staying in the Premier League I wouldn't have thought that £30,000,000 would do much more than almost guarantee a difficult relegation struggle. Fairly average players now go for in the region of £10,000,000 which is, of course, lunacy, but that's the state of the market.

I disagree.

Our midfield, full-backs and wingers are good for a mid table Premiership team and our style of play is more suited for the Premier league than Championship, in my opinion. We surely need to spend big on centre-backs (Kalas permanent and another or two in the same mould) and a couple of strikers (Enrich, Mounie, Zohore etc).

@jolslover

Quote from: Tonywa on May 07, 2017, 12:59:17 PM

Disagree. If we buy intelligently from abroad and use the free/loan market well 30million is enough to stay up.
STH H3

..FOF..

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on May 07, 2017, 02:48:34 PM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 07, 2017, 02:17:14 PM

Sess isn't going anywhere

It is a gossip thread.

AlexW132

Which Sunday paper is this? If its name is on a red background I'm not interested.

@jolslover

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 07, 2017, 05:36:11 PM
Which Sunday paper is this? If its name is on a red background I'm not interested.

Why mate? Do you remember when the sun broke the news Chris Martin was striking and everyone here said its the sun ignore it.
STH H3

AlexW132

092.gif
Quote from: @jolslover on May 07, 2017, 08:39:32 PM

Why mate? Do you remember when the sun broke the news Chris Martin was striking and everyone here said its the sun ignore it.
True, but they also said that Sessegnon had signed for Liverpool followed by saying he's signed a new contract with us. Martin was a lucky break. The S*n and all the others are known for being inaccurate.

Whitesideup

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 07, 2017, 01:41:38 PM
Out of interest. Does anyone know what Bournemouth spent in their promotion build up and their first season in the Premiership?

It was difficult to put a precise value on the Bournemouth team that won the Championship so impressively, but the best guess was £6.8million. Additions were made, but quite a lot of the players were the same .. and some had played for Bournemouth in League 2, Pugh I think being an example. They have spent money since £8 million for Mings, £10 million for Afobe, and more for Ibe, ($15 million I think)  .. who hasn't been a great success. But players like Artur and King were not expensive. Wilson cost them £3 million from Coventry. Thing is they have a top manager ... so do we! COYW!!

davew

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 07, 2017, 09:51:52 PM
092.gif

True, but they also said that Sessegnon had signed for Liverpool followed by saying he's signed a new contract with us. Martin was a lucky break. The S*n and all the others are known for being inaccurate.
Martin was a lucky break......LOL.....for who....LOL?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jarv

Didn't Roy build a fine team with a lot of other clubs rejects, benchwarmers. Zamora, Murphy, Davies, Konchesky to name a few. Can't think of others but it can be done at a reasonable (by today's standards) price.

jarv

Forgot one of the best...Aaron Hughes. What a player he turned out to be.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: jarv on May 07, 2017, 11:24:32 PM
Forgot one of the best...Aaron Hughes. What a player he turned out to be.
And Brede, let's not forget our very own Norwegian folk hero.
Nogood "singing "Brede of Heaven, isit" Boyo

AlexW132

Quote from: davew on May 07, 2017, 11:07:40 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on May 07, 2017, 09:51:52 PM
092.gif

Martin was a lucky break......LOL.....for who....LOL?
Well definitely not for us!

toshes mate

Have to agree with river phoenix and @jolslover about the current side and how much tinkering would need to be done.  Certainly there is a need to strengthen squad depth and manage wage expectations realistically in the first year after promotion but the current side could certainly do enough damage in the PL to amass the forty points or so required to keep at least six sides beneath you for a whole season.  It is the whole ability of the team together that is important and not just the individuals who make up that team.  But before we even contemplate life in the PL there is a small matter of a game against Reading next Saturday which is as tricky a game as we have had since yesterday.

Snibbo

Quote from: jarv on May 07, 2017, 11:23:27 PM
Didn't Roy build a fine team with a lot of other clubs rejects, benchwarmers. Zamora, Murphy, Davies, Konchesky to name a few. Can't think of others but it can be done at a reasonable (by today's standards) price.
and quite a few of those were bought by Sorry Lawrie. He had an eye for a bargain, did Lawrie

westcliff white

Quote from: Snibbo on May 08, 2017, 09:16:16 AM
Quote from: jarv on May 07, 2017, 11:23:27 PM
and quite a few of those were bought by Sorry Lawrie. He had an eye for a bargain, did Lawrie
Zamora and Konch were def Roy singings
Every day is a Fulham day