0 (0%)
Ryan Fredericks
0 (0%)
Scott Parker
3 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: May 09, 2017, 01:58:33 PM

WhiteJC

yet another great away result for the lads, who was your man of the match?

General

I can't help but think, whilst we won and did well, this hasn't helped us. Sheffield Wednesday played an entire second string and we only beat them 2-1... it did seem (looking at subs) that both teams tinkered with playoffs in mind.. but Reading are actually best formwise against Sheffield Wednesday and our games against them home and away saw them win one and us win one.

Sheffield Wednesday have lost to Reading but won both their games against Huddersfield.

JoelH5

Slavisa for me if I can!

Won the game which is great for momentum and morale and bad for Sh*tfilled Wednesday.

No injuries, no suspensions. Subs at the perfect time.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Southcoastffc

Agree re Slavisa.  Gent Jim's commentary sounded like Kebano, Malone, Odoi, KMac alll had good games.   Good game for us, don't think it affected Sheff W too much but who know what it does to their first choice players.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lighthouse

I look at it slightly differently. Fulham played much the same as normal. Dominated the game, struggled to finish that would make all the difference. But Wednesday played a reserves side, struggled, a nasty foul to get a player sent off. In the end they only finish a point in front of us. We tinkered but changed very little and continue with our form.

Previous results in the play offs mean nothing. But we go into them with good form and are still more dangerous away than we are at home. It will be interesting.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jonaldiniho 88

Tough call. I have gone for Malone but McDonald and kebano were close

filham

We can now forget Wednesday for the next ten days and concentrate fully on the two matches with Reading. With a bit of luck Hudersfield will rid us of Wednesday.

JoelH5

Although Huddersfield can be very poor, they can also be very good on their day. Sheffield V Huddersfield will be a very interesting game.

So pleased no one was injured today. That was the main thing for me

JoelH5

Oh also.. Cairney looked a bit annoyed to come off, when at that time we weren't winning.

He'll be itching to get back on the pitch which is great!!

Artful Dodger

Quote from: General on May 07, 2017, 02:02:02 PM
I can't help but think, whilst we won and did well, this hasn't helped us. Sheffield Wednesday played an entire second string and we only beat them 2-1... it did seem (looking at subs) that both teams tinkered with playoffs in mind.. but Reading are actually best formwise against Sheffield Wednesday and our games against them home and away saw them win one and us win one.

Sheffield Wednesday have lost to Reading but won both their games against Huddersfield.
The score doesn't show how much we dominated possession, especially in the second half. Regardless of the team they put out, they will know how we play and they were lucky to get the 1 after the ref intercepted a Ream pass and set Wednesday off on a 3 on 3 break! I don't think this will have given them any confidence should we meet in the final!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Andy S

Totally agree. You can only play the team in front of you and that team was totally out classed. Wednesday play the long ball game but new if we got it they wouldn't see it for 10 minutes

nose

These polls never cease to amaze me.
I know kebano was credited with two goals and had a shot tipped onto the post BUT he was not in any way shape or form MoM and in many ways was wastreful in possesion making wrong choices far to often. If he would have had as good a game as he had before being dropped, he would have got 5 or 6 goals on his own!
malone, Ream and Macdonald stood out head and shoulders beyond the rest on the day.

WhiteJC