watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Perspective

Started by Peabody, May 07, 2017, 04:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Let's all just remember that the play-offs are a whole new ball game. Any of the four teams could be affected by the occasion, players who had previously looked invincible, could suddenly and unexpectedly become a bag of nerves, particularly those that actually reach Wembley.

So, let's not get above ourselves and hope that Fulham gives us three games, that allows us to talk about them for years to come.

Holders

Quite right, Mr. P.

We've achieved what I had hoped for this season, anything else now depends on nerves/luck/the gods.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ChesterTheTabby

Here, here! What ever happens, this season has been one of imagination, dreaming, excellent football, and overall an outstanding display of showmanship and a resurrection of the beautiful game. Have loved every second of it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quite right.

It's a bit of a lottery really, but if we do perform to our potential and can
stay solid at the back, it's certainly achievable.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

WhiteJC

well we've achieved far more than I thought we would this season.

playing the type of football we have has reminded me of the Tigana promotion season, if we could only take penalties successfully and had a striker we could have got promotion as Champions.

whatever happens over the next two/three games this has been a season to savour

I would like a trip to Wembley  049:gif

SP

Indeed. Wouldn't surprise me if Huddersfield prove to be a much sterner test than SW seem to think.

filham

Yes, it is going to be a bit of a lottery but no more so than being in an FA Cup semi final and I have hope that Jocanovic is the right man to keep the ship on an even keel.

Southcoastffc

The good thing - I hope - was that against Bentford, in the 2nd half especially, we became very tentative and seemed nervous/afraid to play our normal game.  With luck, SJ will raise that with the squad and be able to get that attitude out of their heads.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mitimo

With only 5 points between 3rd and 6th over 46 games, all four teams are pretty much even.  They have all played good football (good enough) to get to this point so, my guess is that it will come down to the attitude and performance in each game.
My backing goes to Fulham (I am biased!!), but whoever is the ultimate victor will no doubt be deserving of the position, just hope it's our lads.

Snibbo

Great that we are going into it apparently injury and suspension free, and on a long run of good results.

Andy S

And the confidence that comes from a decent run

westcliff white

I agree 100%. I am less nervous about the playoffs than I was for the l;ast 8 games or so. I loko at the playoffs as a win or lose scenario while the league games made me nercous as to wheter we would make the play offs or not. So much more relaxed.
Every day is a Fulham day

SG

i am completely relaxed about the play offs and have no expectation of progressing to the Final - although that could change by Saturday at 5.30 pm. Having said all that I am on record as saying that I only want to go to the new Wembley to see Fulham play there. Was at the old stadium in 75 but at 67 I am beginning to run out of time for the new one so maybe this is the year.

toshes mate

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 07, 2017, 07:39:10 PM
The good thing - I hope - was that against Bentford, in the 2nd half especially, we became very tentative and seemed nervous/afraid to play our normal game.  With luck, SJ will raise that with the squad and be able to get that attitude out of their heads.

That is a really sensible comment about a game that became really hyped and was not just a game against a local rival but one that could decide a play off place.  There are lessons to be learned from many of our home games this season and Saturday's and Tuesday's games need to be approached with everyone being in the right frame of mind.   SJ and company have done sterling work this season and I expect some subtlety to be introduced for the two semi-finals.