watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Score line against Reading

Started by Andy S, May 08, 2017, 10:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Obviously the bigger the better but what score line do we need at home to Reading to get through this tie?

tslyon

Quote from: Andy S on May 08, 2017, 10:30:57 AM
Obviously the bigger the better but what score line do we need at home to Reading to get through this tie?

3-1 for me.

Cheers,

Steve

dannyboi-ffc

Away goals don't count so id be happy with any win by 2 goals. 2v0, 3v1, 4v2 etc
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Sgt Fulham

We're good enough away to win it even if we draw or lose the home leg. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a 2 goal lead though.

Andy S

I know I am being greedy but I would like a 3 goal lead as it doesn't start to get hairy until they have scored 2. Obviously I would like to see it sealed in the 1st leg in our favour

londonowl

A neutral opinion for what it's worth.

Reading are a good team but not a particularly dynamic one. In my view, if they have to chase the game in any way in the second leg, they could be in trouble. If you take a one goal or less lead to them, they will try to keep the ball and catch you out. If you take any more than that, you will win the away leg as well.

Andy S

I think that is generally a sweeping statement as any team can have a lapse of concentration during a game. I think the play offs are no more or less for all teams involved as the pressure is the same and it is how teams react that counts. Like yesterday we started off bit shaky but recovered to win and could on another day had more

grandad

As we don´t do clean sheets a 2 goals or more lead will be needed. We are not a park the bus side so will always be open to letting a goal in.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

Honestly think it will be  tough games, but will win 2-1 twice!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

nose

Any win would be good but IMO we are good away so i suspsect as long as the tie is still close and we haven't collapsed at home then we are in with a good chance.

I do not know if reading will come to keep it tight in the first leg and expect to win it at home. We may well struggle to win the first leg if they shut up shop at the cottage. In that case I would not be too worried because at some point they will have to attack us and then we will be able to show what we can do.

Tomo

We are bound to concede and Kermogant is a massive threat.

I'll take 3-1 but could easily see it being 3-2 with our defense.

Hopefully we can get it tied up before the 2nd leg kicks off. 
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Jimmy Hill

Very interesting stats on reading when you compare there Home and Away form. They have the second best defences in the league at Home but away the second worst. If we can get ahead in this tie and reading have to come out of there shell i think they are vulnerable. Id expect a very defensive team over both legs.

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Fulhamfan666

4:1 at the Cottage for FFC
2:1 at the Madejski for Reading

toshes mate

I would just like Reading's aggregate score to be less than or equal to n-1 where 'n' is our lads' score over the two legs.

davew

Quote from: londonowl on May 08, 2017, 10:53:08 AM

Reading are a good team but not a particularly dynamic one. In my view, if they have to chase the game in any way in the second leg, they could be in trouble. If you take a one goal or less lead to them, they will try to keep the ball and catch you out. If you take any more than that, you will win the away leg as well.
Positive thoughts and a well valued opinion, you were supposed to be having a rest from posting though, don't worry you are more than welcome on here to post your views!! I will continue to post also, if I were brave enough I would sell my house and put 170k on Fulham (@7/4)and 170K on Wednesday at 5/2 to get promoted, all they both need to do is win the semi final play offs and I do think they are both dead certs, very good return if it happened and a no lose final!! On the other hand if it went wrong, I might be facing another divorce!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: davew on May 08, 2017, 04:44:41 PM
Quote from: londonowl on May 08, 2017, 10:53:08 AM

Positive thoughts and a well valued opinion, you were supposed to be having a rest from posting though, don't worry you are more than welcome on here to post your views!! I will continue to post also, if I were brave enough I would sell my house and put 170k on Fulham (@7/4)and 170K on Wednesday at 5/2 to get promoted, all they both need to do is win the semi final play offs and I do think they are both dead certs, very good return if it happened and a no lose final!! On the other hand if it went wrong, I might be facing another divorce!
...and no more Gin!

Fulham Tup North

I would be happy with a 1-0 home win.
I think we are quite strong away from home and as long as we have a lead, Reading will need to attack. This will offer us opportunities to score.
But even 0-0 will mean we are are still in the competition...
Just got to keep the faith!!!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"