watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It could help that we've been playing must win games for over a month now

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 10, 2017, 01:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Every game since Ipswich has been must win. Reading haven't had that intensity/pressure. Now all 3 games are 'must win' for all 4 teams. Could it help that our mindset has been this way for longer than the other 3?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Barry White

Potentially, although flip side is we may be mentally drained from all that 'must win' concentration! Can spin it either way I guess , Reading will be well rested and relaxed etc.

Think it's anybodys to win, most neutrals seem to have Fulham down for the win which is worrying - have we been the favourites for anything before?!

fulhamben

The other thing in our favour, is that we are a team that doesn't panic if we go a goal down. Did anyone muster as many comebacks as we did this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I agree,
I honestly can't imagine anything more motivating than the next 3 games and the reward.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on May 10, 2017, 01:10:32 PM
The other thing in our favour, is that we are a team that doesn't panic if we go a goal down. Did anyone muster as many comebacks as we did this season

That is a very good point and marks this side out from others for many a year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Barry White on May 10, 2017, 01:03:08 PM
Potentially, although flip side is we may be mentally drained from all that 'must win' concentration! Can spin it either way I guess , Reading will be well rested and relaxed etc.

Think it's anybodys to win, most neutrals seem to have Fulham down for the win which is worrying - have we been the favourites for anything before?!

We have been favourites to be relegated on at least one occasion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought every game from the start of the season to the end was a must win game, or does that only apply to Droughts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Problem there is that we don't keep clean sheets, not one since Rovrum.

Barry White

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 10, 2017, 02:32:02 PM
Problem there is that we don't keep clean sheets, not one since Rovrum.

But we've only conceded one goal against Reading this season in 225 minutes of football.

toshes mate

There was that moment we had just before the International break, when we dropped a lot of anticipated points, when most of midfield looked wrecked, that developed the character building necessary in making the impossible possible when a lot of supporters on here thought the play offs were a bridge too far.   That developing character strengthens match by match no matter what the results are.  The play-offs are not ordinary matches only by virtue of the prize involved at the end of the process, and yet, in a way, each game is simply another mountain to climb with a desire to get to the top because you know you can because you have done it before.   Nothing gets decided on Saturday but at least you get to establish a decent base camp for the final assault.

Arthur

Even so, we might do better to go all out for the opening goal.

Statistics elsewhere on here today tell me that Reading won all but two of the 27 games in which they scored first this season.

e4b

Think it could be an advantage especially in the players mindset. We seem to have learnt in the last few months how to see out games when we are winning.Something we couldn't do before.We are also very capable of winning games when we go a goal down.

Lighthouse

Playing away second may help. We have played better away than at home and will know what we have to do to win. The home game to me is one we don't want to make silly mistakes in. We need to be careful not to concede and panic. But concede we will as we always do.

As always it comes down to the day. What happened before probably makes not a blind bit of difference.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope