Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (11/05/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 11, 2017, 07:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: HatterDon on May 11, 2017, 12:39:11 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on May 11, 2017, 07:50:38 AM

Pompey interest in Fulham forward?

George Williams, the type of forward Paul Cook would want at Pompey I reckon, has been linked with a move to Fratton Park, according to HITC.

There's a catch, Williams is he's under contract, apparently highly rated and in demand, but the fact he's found his chances at Craven Cottage limited could see him move on? Especially if Fulham made it into the Premier League through the play-offs?

Williams, who rose to fame as a youngster at MK Dons I believe, is attracting attention north and south of the border. Pompey would have to overcome competition from the likes of Charlton, Burton and Plymouth, I'm sure we could beat that lot (Argyle) again - no doubt they would bottle it when it came to the crunch...

A loan return to MK Dons earlier in the season was eventually cut short, owing to a lack of football at the league one club, but his return to Craven Cottage saw him score 17 goals for Fulham's U23 side from January onwards.

Yes, U23 level is different to 1st team level, but Williams, 21, doesn't lack this as such and is an international, having been part of the Wales squad that made it to the semi-finals at Euro 2016.

I've heard of Williams, as said a player who has always been highly rated, but cannot claim to know much about him? However, what I would say is this type of 'rumour' is a potentially realistic one, but it actually going through might come down to the fee involved, unless Fulham extended his deal and we are then talking a season-long loan arrangement? I'm not overly keen on loans these days though to be honest

We'll see how this one pans out, on a likelihood rating I'd think it's got a decent chance, like I say, well of having at but of substance to it at least.

PLAY UP POMPEY

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=581210#ixzz4gkatsbsV

Is English this guy's first language?

As he's from Portsmouth probably not