watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Hamburg Day

Started by Jimpav, May 12, 2017, 09:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

One of the greatest days and saddest evenings of my life.

A lot has changed since then but the memories live on and what fine memories they were.

Let's try and channel the spirit of that day into the play off but make sure we have a happy ending this time.

Holders

Let's go to Wembley this year and actually WIN something - even if it's "just" the play-offs.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose

Hamburg?
Fulham appear in a European final and only lose to  abrede OG in the last minute of ET (it wasn't going in when forlan hit it therefore an unfortunate OG in the same way saha and not terry scored in the cup semi final).
For somebody like me, even though the result was a shame, the event and achievement was incredible. When we lost away at torquay and were facing the conference under the infinitely awful Ian Branfoot, it was hard to credibly imagine a european final was so close.

I would have prefered the game to have been in a better, more atmospheric stadium, but what an occasion!

Burt

The result may not have gone our way but it was a privilege to witness this all unfold over the previous months, and to be at the final with thousands of other whites is something that I will remember until I croak. Truly, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

It's farcical though how the Champions League drop-outs get parachuted in to the Europa League. That needs to stop.

nose

Quote from: Burt on May 12, 2017, 12:40:47 PM
The result may not have gone our way but it was a privilege to witness this all unfold over the previous months, and to be at the final with thousands of other whites is something that I will remember until I croak. Truly, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

It's farcical though how the Champions League drop-outs get parachuted in to the Europa League. That needs to stop.

Loads of things that are clearly wrong need to stop but money talks as they say.