watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-OBS

Started by bog, May 12, 2017, 01:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Today it is the 70th birthday of OBS. This stands for Old Brown Shoe. I met him through the old Fulham FC message board. He has been a supporter since 1956, his first game was the 5-4 home defeat in the FA Cup by Newcastle. OBS does not post on here anymore now as he is not very well, indeed I think he has little, if any, knowledge of the wonderful goings on at the club. A true and valued member of the Old Sod'a Army and of the Fulham brotherhood. Happy Birthday OBS.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif 

WhiteJC

081.gif

OBS all the best, your greatly missed sir  082.gif

Burt

Well said bog, and best wishes to OBS.

VicHalomsLovechild

:plus one:

Every Fulham fan counts :)

Woolly Mammoth

A very Happy Birthday OBS

On my 70th Birthday, I felt very warm because people kept toasting me.

A Diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday, but never remembers her age.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Sad to hear that Bog. I always had a lot of time for OBS. Was he not a friend of the greatly missed Corked Hat?. Anyway, I wish him well and a happy birthday to him.

LBNo11

...John. aka OBS is an amazing fellow, a Fulham fan to the core and a long standing one. As Mike says, his first game was the famous 4-5 defeat at home to The Magpies, an appropriate nickname as they stole the game when Vic Keeble barged our 'keeper Ian Black (RIP) into the net whilst his feet were in the air. I was delighted to send John a programme of the match as he had lost his.

Corked Hat - another John, was a great friend of his, and happy to say I introduced them as they seemed kindred spirits - which they were, emailing each other daily.

If you look at any of your copies of TOOFIF, on the third page under David Lloyd's name you will see the name of John Walters; David knows the importance of John and his devotion to the Fulham cause.

As Mike says, John has not been well for some time, but soldiered through, in spite of his health. He will soon be home and should get some home assistance to help his devoted wife Sal.

So happy birthday my dear friend, never give up believing, and many happy returns...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bog

Quote from: Peabody on May 12, 2017, 04:12:05 PM
Sad to hear that Bog. I always had a lot of time for OBS. Was he not a friend of the greatly missed Corked Hat?. Anyway, I wish him well and a happy birthday to him.
Hello Peabody, yes he was a good friend of Corked Hat and his wife. 

bog

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 12, 2017, 06:03:34 PM
...John. aka OBS is an amazing fellow, a Fulham fan to the core and a long standing one. As Mike says, his first game was the famous 4-5 defeat at home to The Magpies, an appropriate nickname as they stole the game when Vic Keeble barged our 'keeper Ian Black (RIP) into the net whilst his feet were in the air. I was delighted to send John a programme of the match as he had lost his.

Corked Hat - another John, was a great friend of his, and happy to say I introduced them as they seemed kindred spirits - which they were, emailing each other daily.

If you look at any of your copies of TOOFIF, on the third page under David Lloyd's name you will see the name of John Walters; David knows the importance of John and his devotion to the Fulham cause.

As Mike says, John has not been well for some time, but soldiered through, in spite of his health. He will soon be home and should get some home assistance to help his devoted wife Sal.

So happy birthday my dear friend, never give up believing, and many happy returns...
Quote from: LBNo11 on May 12, 2017, 06:03:34 PM

Ed, the first thing I always look for in our fantastic fanzine is John's position description. Great sense of humour has John. And what a devoted wife in Sally.