News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

official V reading...I.E. Who is the ref?

Started by nose, May 12, 2017, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Do we know yet?
Is it one of my 'favourites?'

Thamesbank

Not sure of the validity but I saw a posting on one of the reading boards that it's the "ghost goal" ref stuart attwell

AlexW132

Yes it's Attwell. Think we have lost every game of ours that he's reffed.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

nose

oh dear, not quite the probate class but surely one that favours the opposition. if i recall every game he referees I am left feeling rather cheated. At least i have an excuse now if it goes the proverbial pear shaped.

Southcoastffc

Stuart Attwell ref'd us v Brighton at the Cottage in Jan when we lost 2-1.  I don't remember much about his performance, so that may reflect well on him (More likely reflects poorly on my memory)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rweller86

For Atwell to be selected, he must have had a decent season. Let's hope he's better than he has been for us in the past.
@rweller

daib0

Quote from: Thamesbank on May 12, 2017, 02:14:54 PM
Not sure of the validity but I saw a posting on one of the reading boards that it's the "ghost goal" ref stuart attwell

Yes, the ref was THIS man!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YiuSbBdaQ

Must admit, I was extremely embarrassed when this happened, always got on fine with the WFC Forums guys. Think they've forgiven me by now though!
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Carborundum

Quote from: Thamesbank on May 12, 2017, 02:14:54 PM
Reading were the beneficiaries of the ghost goal. I have some sympathy for Mr Atwell over all of that, a scramble in the box landed him with a linesman and a Reading player both insisting a goal had been scored.  So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  But if the linesman on Saturday is the same fellow - a Mr Bannister - then we can surely abandon all hope.

AlexW132

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 12, 2017, 02:48:08 PM
Stuart Attwell ref'd us v Brighton at the Cottage in Jan when we lost 2-1.  I don't remember much about his performance, so that may reflect well on him (More likely reflects poorly on my memory)
Gave us a dodgy penalty which we predictably missed...