watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposition team posts

Started by gezkc, May 13, 2017, 10:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gezkc

I've no problem with opposition fans coming on this forum "in peace" and giving their view on things, but how's it work with them becoming regular members of FOF?

When I joined FOF years ago, there was a fairly in depth vetting process to check whether you were genuinely a Fulham fan before you could become a member.

There've been one or two rival fans on here recently who seem to be posting on here more often than they must be on their own team's forum. Can anyone now become a member on here?

bill taylors apprentice

Agree!

I don't want constant sarcastic comments from non Fulham fans, however much they wrap it up in friendly chit chat!

Friendsoffulham

Opposing fans have been allowed to join the Forum for the duration of the playoffs, be it Sheff Weds, Reading or Huddersfield, but our vetting policy remains exactly the same.

Naturally, some are going to feel a little uncomfortable with opposing fans on our forum, but we also feel, that their input could be valuable over this period.

We are monitoring the situation closely, and if we feel any opposing fans are overstepping the mark, then we will ask them to leave.   

Fulham76

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 13, 2017, 11:26:56 PM
Agree!

I don't want constant sarcastic comments from non Fulham fans, however much they wrap it up in friendly chit chat!

I had a message deleted earlier for suggesting someone's comment was 'stupid', which it was.

Seems others don't have the same problems

Twig

But I don't think most of their posts have been too unreasonable?  Just for the playoffs I quite like the banter.

e4b

Ask them to leave? Ban the bar stewards!!!

e4b

My 400th post was my most satisfying

Lighthouse

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter. I am sure Fulham fans are not that sensitive. We are capable of giving as good as we get. Too many of us just want to be agreed with all the time and throw a strop when somebody has a different opinion. Suck it up.  049:gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

daib0

Please allow me a brief word. I think you have to take action when individual people show themselves unreliable. OK, I am an 'away' fan, but certainly just not here for the play-offs. I go back almost five years, and nearly 250 posts without ever having a cross word (mind you, as someone wondered on my forum it's 35,000+ posts there just for the record!). As a moderator-organizer on Royals Rendezvous it'd be pretty stupid of me to wind anyone up, when the "outreach work" is my speciality and my forum makes its reputation on opening its arms to many other forums. Stats don't mean much - quality not quantity - but I've racked up over a 1,000 posts on well over half-a-dozen other forums, even been offered 'mod' status on a few (such as Sunderland's Black Cat Chat or the Watford WFC Forums) despite being a fan of another club. I'd hope that proves beyond doubt my behaviour is exemplary.
Established members here will know we've done a number of inter-forum games together over the years too. In fact, I would even go as far as to suggest that my relationship with the FoF moderation team is really excellent - we do sometimes liaise behind the scenes.
In some ways it's sad our two teams are paired up together in the Championship play-offs; perhaps it would've been far easier against the others, because the Terriers DATM forum has so many unfriendly posters it's hard to get anything going at all I'm sorry to say, and on Owls Talk it's a bit better but I have to double-check every phrase as well. Believe me, I've always given this forum the highest praise because in a number of ways it represents RR's ideals and ethics too. I don't think that on my 'Reading Fan Chat' piece anyone could point to arrogance or to disguising respect - because we're genuinely surprised to be in the play-offs at all, didn't expect it after hovering too near the relegation zone this time last season.
I'm all for tough action when away fans try it on, but please don't pigeon-hole all of us together!
David
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Snibbo

Quote from: daib0 on May 14, 2017, 01:53:14 AM
Please allow me a brief word. I think you ..... snip
David
Fair comment

General

Quote from: Fulham76 on May 13, 2017, 11:41:47 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 13, 2017, 11:26:56 PM
Agree!

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 13, 2017, 11:41:16 PM
Opposing fans have been allowed to join the Forum for the duration of the playoffs, be it Sheff Weds, Reading or Huddersfield, but our vetting policy remains exactly the same.

Naturally, some are going to feel a little uncomfortable with opposing fans on our forum, but we also feel, that their input could be valuable over this period.

We are monitoring the situation closely, and if we feel any opposing fans are overstepping the mark, then we will ask them to leave.   

Very rationale and reasoned response. I like being made to fell uncomfortable, especially if people have opinions that make me feel uncomfortable. I genuinely love being challenged that way.
I had a message deleted earlier for suggesting someone's comment was 'stupid', which it was.

Seems others don't have the same problems

FFCFOREVER

Just out of interest.Are any fans from this board posting on opposing teams forums?I bet theres not.

Fulham 442

I had a post deleted a week or so ago for asking why we were allowing fans of opposing teams to constantly post on here.  As the OP said some fans seem to be on here more than they must be on their own sites.  As I stated before I am happy to have a face to face chat with fans of other clubs but I am uncomfortable with them constantly coming on here regardless of the content of their posts.  I don't get the logic of allowing fans of other teams in the playoffs to come on here for the duration either.  Imo it is just wrong and I would never post on another club's forum - in fact I don't even look at them!

Burt

Personally I always value opposition fans coming on and asking for our perspective, giving their perspective, of gathering our views for their own message board, etc. then that is fair enough. It's just like talking with an opposition fan over a pint, or whilst waiting for my bag of chips at Fishers!!

The main thing is one of respect. So as per David (daib0), if they do start to take the proverbial or are only on here to disrupt things, then they won't last long.

The Rock

I've seen many on here come in peace and appreciate the insight. Wind ups don't seem that common, and one would have to think they've better places to go/things to do then come to an FFC forum.

I've rarely posted on other forums and could care less about other clubs I don't support really. I have better things to do/places to go, like post here.

Bill2

I have to say that after the way their team played yesterday I am surprised the fans have not hidden themselves away with embarrassment.

daib0

Quote from: Bill2 on May 14, 2017, 11:21:10 AM
I have to say that after the way their team played yesterday I am surprised the fans have not hidden themselves away with embarrassment.

well, I've never posted on an 'away' forum during the course of a game together - that for me isn't being respectful. On some forums, like ToffeeTalk and (I think I remember) DCFC Fans it isn't even permitted in the rules. Sensible too ...

After the game? Simple rules: if 'we' win = never gloat / if 'we' lose = never whinge. Held me in good stead for well over a decade ...

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com