watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stefan Johansen out Tuesday

Started by Riversider, May 13, 2017, 11:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned anywhere but on the 80th minute Johansen suddenly clutched his hamstring and signalled over to the bench , for some reason they told him to carry on if he could but he was certainly in a lot of discomfort for the last ten minutes or so,
Not his best game today, but his absence on Tuesday would be a big loss for us with I'm guessing Piazon coming in to replace him or possibly Parker ,
Thought Reading were weak at both left and right back, and I think Sessegnon was held back for a reason today and will play a big part on Tuesday, the pace of Sessegnon, Malone, Fredericks,Ayite , Kebano and Aluko is key for us on Tuesday night, still think we will go through but Johansen is a big loss.

Riversider

If as he indicated his hamstring has gone then he won't play again this season.

davew

Quote from: Riversider on May 13, 2017, 11:25:39 PM
If as he indicated his hamstring has gone then he won't play again this season.
Thanks for that encouraging news, we can all worry a little more now then about Tuesday!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Riversider

gezkc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 13, 2017, 11:28:20 PM
Cramp?

Could well have been just that. Hopefully anyway.
As has been said, bit of a misleading thread title until we know more details.

Arthur

If his hamstring had gone, surely he wouldn't have been able to play the final ten minutes - it would have pulled him up completely.

To me, it seems more likely to be a dead leg. There's a chance it may not recover for Tuesday, I suppose, but I would say that the odds are very much in the player's favour

Twig

If his hamstring had gone in the 80th minute there is no way he would have gone on for another 17 minutes.  Hopefully he will be fine for a Tuesday.

Fulham76

Quote from: Arthur on May 13, 2017, 11:41:44 PM
If his hamstring had gone, surely he wouldn't have been able to play the final ten minutes - it would have pulled him up completely.

To me, it seems more likely to be a dead leg. There's a chance it may not recover for Tuesday, I suppose, but I would say that the odds are very much in the player's favour

Agreed.

A hamstring 'could' recover in 2-3 weeks, which would mean he could play in the final, if we get there.

I don't think they would force him to play on with a hamstring injury, particularly as we could have substituted him. Further unnecessary damage could keep him out for months.

Hopefully something much less serious

e4b

Get him in the cold bath,he'll be fine for tuesday.

Woolly Mammoth

If it was a hammy, he would have come off, so whatever it is, let's hope he will be fit for Tuesday. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 14, 2017, 12:13:18 AM
What a stupid thread title lol

Yep, totally misleading "fake news".

JoelH5

Quote from: Twig on May 14, 2017, 12:15:02 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on May 14, 2017, 12:13:18 AM
What a stupid thread title lol

Yep, totally misleading "fake news".

And again it's the usual suspect
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Chutney

Odds on parker scoring a 93rd minute winner at wembley?
C O Y W

ScalleysDad

We will know for sure round about lunch time when the whole team should be turning up for shooting practice. Does anybody still hide out in the bushes like on transfer day.

toshes mate

Johansen 'out' Tuesday?  Yep he'll be playing football at the Madejski..... 

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Deeping_white

Bearing in mind that after he was holding it, he then ran 20+ yards with the ball, so I'm going to assume it was cramp because there's no way you can run like that once your hammy has gone. He also spent the last 15 mins with his socks and shin pads pushed all the way to the bottom of his calves so more than likely was just suffering with cramp on what was a fairly warm day anyway