watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

a reason to be confident for tuesday

Started by southwest6, May 14, 2017, 03:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

reading won't play the same poxy tactics of time wasting, 10 men behind the ball etc. They will have to come out which will suit us better - as they won't be able to defend like they did and score 2 or 3 goals at the same time. Although reading have the 2nd best home record in the league, I've much preferred watching us away from home this season. '' how poo must you be we're winning away'' is no more..  we've been very impressive on the road.

On another note, haven't been so nervous watching a game in a very long time. I have all the faith in the world that we will make it to Wembley. I hope all those going on Tuesday really get behind the team.

PS: reading fans sounded very poor on BEinSports AUS. was this the casE? quite shocking given it was a playoff game

hovewhite

There support was pants it really was.

ffc73

Remember that we lost at their place in January when they played similar tactics (but not as well as they did) yesterday

I will be in attendance on Tuesday. I expect to be hoarse by the end of the game

COYW

westcliff white

Have to say I thought Stam got there tactics spot on, pressing us high not allowing us to settle and getting men behind the ball, no issue with the time wasting that's part of the game and I am sure if we hit the lead on Tuesday we will do the same.
Every day is a Fulham day

southwest6

Quote from: westcliff white on May 14, 2017, 08:25:02 AM
Have to say I thought Stam got there tactics spot on, pressing us high not allowing us to settle and getting men behind the ball, no issue with the time wasting that's part of the game and I am sure if we hit the lead on Tuesday we will do the same.

no denying they did a good job defensively, however time wasting from the get-go is pretty poor IMO. Clearly, they back themselves at home which is quite natural. But they most likely won't be time wasting at their gaff - and as FFC73 mentioned we did lose at the madejski but we really didn't play well. If the boys turn up, there's no team that can stop us. We will certainly score but it is key that we get the 1st as if reading get the lead then they will sit back and mirror their performance yesterday.

Also, I would think about playing sess LW and take Martin off. Thought he had a decent game; won a lot of his duals, held it up nicely but he just doesn't suit our play. I can see why Slav is so keen on him but we have a much better chance of scoring with Floyd, sone and kebano up top. With Martin in the side, our tempo slows down and we need to move the ball quickly against a team like Reading. + Betts' kicking was piss poor yesterday and clearly frustrated Martin which is understandable.

PokerMatt

Yes their fans were non existent. Didn't hear a thing from them until their goal, and then not much.

I wouldn't rule out them playing the same way. It worked, they got a result and largely nullified us - why change tack?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

dannyboi-ffc

Thing is, I went to the 1 and a half away games and their tactics were identical to yesterday. It was just yesterday they executed it better. So I get the feeling that's just how they play altogether.

It's a team great at home vs a great team away and I think first goal could be the only goal. If I'm honest I think we will win it in extra time
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Oh and dont start Martin! Sess on the wing to reserve Kebano for the unknown super sub factor. I'm not even sure Kebano knows what he's going to do lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mikestrand

If we had won yesterday it would have ended in disaster, this is the Fulham way of getting promoted, trust me.

toshes mate

I wouldn't change anything for Tuesday because Reading's tactics didn't really work for them (whatever Stam may say) and they will have to change something for Tuesday.  The first goal will be important but I don't think it'll be the only one scored on the night.   We really did need to be more patient than we were at times yesterday which resulted in passes going astray.  I think there was a little too much tension in our play for the first twenty minutes or so.

toshes mate

Quote from: mikestrand on May 14, 2017, 09:42:45 AM
If we had won yesterday it would have ended in disaster, this is the Fulham way of getting promoted, trust me.

A good point and I do trust you.

JoelH5

We definitely should drop Martin and go with pace. McShane their captain is out and Obita may be too so they won't have their first choice back line. We need to run at them and get them nervous. I can see mistakes cropping in and even another red for them if they start panicking
I was there, standing in the Putney end

J.Perkins

If we had won, we may have gone a bit complacent and aimed for a draw in the 2nd leg. Now we have to win, it's a simple outcome.

Andy S

I believe that we still retain the advantage in the second leg of the play offs
My reasons are as follows
1 We will carry on playing our football in the same way we have done all season. Reading will need to change the way they play if they want to win. It matters not if we are home or away. In fact we have a very good away record and we're second in the table behind Newcastle. We have taken 42 points and scored 40 goals this season
2 Reading have lost their influential captain Paul McShane. That has to have an effect. It weakens their defence. Obviously they would have played their best side yesterday he won, be there on Tuesday. Will his replacement do a good job? Possibly but in this game they need experience.
3 They will be playing in front of their own fans. Yes it can be an advantage but should we score a goal and hold the lead for a while the fans will start to react.
4 They will not be able to play time wasting tactics unless they take a lead. Later in the game they could play for penalties believing this would give them an advantage. If they sit back against us they could easily come un stuck
5 I believe Slavisa and his coaching team will have gained a lot from yesterday. They will put together a strategy that will enable the team to overcome Reading. Psychologically Reading will believe they were more successful yesterday. But all they achieved was a draw. On Tuesday night how do you turn something you regard as success into real success. The answer is it is very difficult because you have to step up. a gear from what you were at when you regard it as a success.  COYW

SP

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 14, 2017, 10:41:04 AM
If we had won, we may have gone a bit complacent and aimed for a draw in the 2nd leg. Now we have to win, it's a simple outcome.

Exactly how I feel.  What really worries me is that, based on the season so far, Tuesday's ref will probably be worse than yesterday's.

Bill2

Quote from: SP on May 14, 2017, 10:59:25 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on May 14, 2017, 10:41:04 AM

Exactly how I feel.  What really worries me is that, based on the season so far, Tuesday's ref will probably be worse than yesterday's.
That would be very difficult.

filham

Expect more of the same from Reading on Tuesday. They have seen we are not comfortable with those tactics and will not dare to risk a more adventurous game.