watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opinions on Bettinelli ?

Started by Riversider, May 14, 2017, 03:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Really, really surprised to see that there hasn't been one single thread started on his performance yesterday either on here or on TIFF,
At times during the first half he seemed literally paralysed with fear, maybe the occasion got to him but if it did then how would he cope at Wembley ?
When I got home I watched the second half on tv, and from one angle behind the goal it showed that he should really have got a hand to their goal,
Big decision for Slavisa to make if we get to Wembley, Button or Betts ?
One thing is certain though we need a new keeper this summer , if Button had given that performance yesterday the Fulham message boards would have gone in to meltdown.

grandad

Him returning to the starting lineup at the sharp end of the season is one of the reasons we made the playoffs.Our defence have more confidence than with Button.
Where there's a will there's a wife

EastEndWhite

Then what about the post titled "bettinelli's kicking"?  Currently on page 2.

Lighthouse

Yes this was pretty well covered yesterday in a thread. The problem is that neither keeper is a number 1. Both are good in parts and both have poor points. Whatever happens we will need a stronger spine in the team next season, including a better keeper. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

I think harsh to say he should have got to their goal. It was struck in the only place he couldn't get to.

However, his kicking was woeful. Every time he went down the side our full-backs could only get a head on it to put it out of play. The only successful kicks were down the middle to Martin.

Reading did push up to make sure he didn't have the easy kick or short pass, and the movement wasn't there for him as it has been recently, but he really needed to be more accurate.

He also left every corner up to the defenders - even ones on the six-yard box, which didn't fill me with confidence. I've been a Button supporter, but I think since Betts has been back in the latter deserves to keep his place as the results can't be argued.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

gang

We're in the same goalkeeper situation as when we last won promotion with Maik Taylor; neither keeper is good  enough and we have to sign a new one. Bets' distribution yesterday was awful.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on May 14, 2017, 03:04:37 PM
Really, really surprised to see that there hasn't been one single thread started on his performance yesterday either on here or on TIFF,
At times during the first half he seemed literally paralysed with fear, maybe the occasion got to him but if it did then how would he cope at Wembley ?
When I got home I watched the second half on tv, and from one angle behind the goal it showed that he should really have got a hand to their goal,
Big decision for Slavisa to make if we get to Wembley, Button or Betts ?
One thing is certain though we need a new keeper this summer , if Button had given that performance yesterday the Fulham message boards would have gone in to meltdown.

I blame David Button for yesterday's goal that hit the inside of the post and went in, and team performance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Look, I think most of us deep down agree that Bettinelli isn't good enough, but he's still better than Button so best we can do is stick with him.

Fulhamerica23

Betts has been fantastic this season. The way we set up and the way Reading were playing yesterday, you can forgive the distribution. They laid off of him and made him play it high and wide. You don't play it deep down the middle because it's easy for Reading to head that back to their forwards. You play it high and wide and hopefully your player heads it into the channel or it goes off Reading for a throw. Otherwise, it goes out of bounds and Reading have a throw. Pretty basic football really. What else would you have liked him to do?

Wearethewhites

Think we've covered this topic about 4 times in the last month.

For me, there's not a lot between the pair, there is no standout keeper, both are pretty average, both have strengths and weaknesses.

However, doesn't matter what division we're in next season, I expect us to go for a better keeper.

Like I keep saying, surprised we went for Button, when we had McCarthy sat at Motspur Park ready to sign.

Holders

This is a strong argument for not having let Stockdale go.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Whatever the Division we are in next season, I feel the Goalkeeper position may come up for discussion, which is a shame, as I wanted both Betts and Button to do well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.