watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kermogant cheats his way to the semi-finals

Started by NogoodBoyo, May 17, 2017, 02:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

I had to watch the game on bein sports Futo on my PC in Spanish.  But, the positioning of one of their cameras (maybe Sky's?) for the penalty was perfect.
You could clearly see Kalas getting goal-side of Kermogant moving away from goal.  Kalas had no need to handle the ball at all.  In fact, he did notdeliberately handle the ball.  Kermogant, using his body to shield his action from the ref slyly grabbed Kalas's left arm to hold him back.  Kalas, in trying to evade this illegal move yanked his arm free to see it inadvertently hit the ball. 
It happened so quickly that the ref could be excused, especially given Mr. K's sly play.  But Kermogant knew what he was doing.  And he got away with it.
Nogood "on such minutiae careers are won or lost, isit" Boyo

valdeingruo

I watched the same footage you did and at one point, after they slowed it down, you could see him both grasp Kalas' arm and subsequently punch the ball. Kalas was forced to make contact.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Woolly Mammoth

Yes you are both right, I have it on my iPhone, perfect picture of him punching the ball under Kallas arm, absolute robbery.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mitimo

Maybe this illustrates the need for technology for important decisions like this.  In league or in rugby this would have been noted by the TMO (Television Match Official) and the ref alerted, with not too much delay in proceedings.

westcliff white

but you still stop the game, say you stopped the game and waited to see if it was a penalty, what would have happened if Kalas cleared the ball (which he did) that landed and a fulham player and we attacked with 3 on 2 and scored goal disallowed or stopped happening to look at the replay? we may not of got another chance in the game or a bette rone, we would then have been robbed.

In last nights instance it would have worked as the game was stopped but if the ref isnt sure and stops it it alters the flow of the game and thats just not right, it isnt football.

YOu dont need to stop the game for every instance, have someone watching replays they can signal like the linesmen do, and the game doesnt stop. that would also have cleared up lasts nights issue easily. would have been resolved within 15 seconds.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bill2

I saw it on Sky sports last night and thought the same, interesting to see what a Reading fan thinks,

Mince n Tatties

He lives 3 minutes round corner from Cottage.
Go and do a whoopsy on his doorstep.

Andy S

It is futile going over these things yes it happened but it cannot be changed. We have a referee and two linesmen who thought it was a pen. That is it. You could also say the player was going nowhere which he was. Football is an exciting game, let's keep it that way

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Andy S on May 17, 2017, 08:43:19 AM
It is futile going over these things yes it happened but it cannot be changed. We have a referee and two linesmen who thought it was a pen. That is it. You could also say the player was going nowhere which he was. Football is an exciting game, let's keep it that way
That givers a red card to this debate, Andy.
Nogood "hand ball not foot ball, isit" Boyo

bobbo

Maybe a system like in cricket on big decisions like iffy pens the captain could appeal for it to be checked out but not for every blow of the whistle just the big decisions
1975 just leaving home full of hope

e4b

I agree with bobbo.The captain or manager should ask the ref/4th official to check the decision perhaps they should be limited to two appeals per half.The game should not be stopped whilst this is done.On reflection this makes it very difficult to do.

NogoodBoyo

There is no answer really - but it's one of the many reasons I always preferred playing and watching rugby.  Cheating in football is endemic, systemic and....well, I can't think of any more emics to describe my feelings.  Even our wonderful team is at it, as evidenced by Malone' blatant dive in the penalty box last night.  But, we do it far less than do Wednesday, Reading and even Norwich.
In conclusion, we did not deserve to lose either of the games.  I cannot scratch nose's views that our Board is useless as we were a hand's width away from going onwards and upwards.  That is what should have happened as our team played a lot better in difficult circumstances than many are giving them credit for this morning.
Nogood "there's cruel itis, isit" Boyo

Riverside

True but he did a job
In fact I thought he looked impressive in both legs
I certainly think we would be at Wembley if we had Kermogant instead of Martin .......

filham

Yes, it was a tough call against us but things like that happen from time to time. We had plenty of time left to recover and in fact created more than enough chances to win the match.
We should be looking back on all those missed chances rather than winging about the tough penalty decision.