watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading fans and a few thoughts

Started by ffcthereligion, May 17, 2017, 10:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

On a topic that seemingly hasnt been mentioned much yet, I was really quite appalled last night at yesterday's scenes post match. I dont wish to categorise all reading fans as being like this, indeed in the pub before the game i had many good chats with some very friendly and equally anxious Reading supporters, but the scenes after the game were a disgrace. To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view a embarrassing anyway, but to deliberately focus on goading the away supporters behind a wall of riot police is the hallmark of scum. I would expect better from Millwall fans to be quite honest and its a crying shame that no action whatsoever will be taken.

I am bitterly disappointed on the game. We lost to a very poor and untalented side who's single asset is being very very well organised. It was just one of those nights for us and just wouldnt go in. There were marginal decisions in both games which with a bit of luck would have gone our way and thats it we're in the final; a lottery. We left everything out there and we cant beat ourselves up about it.

I have seen a few comments saying 'we weren't good enough to go up this year'. I am not of this persuasion I believe we certainly were, staying up is off course another story but by keeping the nucleus of the squad and a few additions I think we can all be confident for 17/18. The boys should hold onto this feeling and use it next year.

COYW

toshes mate

Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 17, 2017, 10:24:24 AM
On a topic that seemingly hasnt been mentioned much yet, I was really quite appalled last night at yesterday's scenes post match. I dont wish to categorise all reading fans as being like this, indeed in the pub before the game i had many good chats with some very friendly and equally anxious Reading supporters, but the scenes after the game were a disgrace. To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view a embarrassing anyway, but to deliberately focus on goading the away supporters behind a wall of riot police is the hallmark of scum. I would expect better from Millwall fans to be quite honest and its a crying shame that no action whatsoever will be taken.

I am bitterly disappointed on the game. We lost to a very poor and untalented side who's single asset is being very very well organised. It was just one of those nights for us and just wouldnt go in. There were marginal decisions in both games which with a bit of luck would have gone our way and thats it we're in the final; a lottery. We left everything out there and we cant beat ourselves up about it.

I have seen a few comments saying 'we weren't good enough to go up this year'. I am not of this persuasion I believe we certainly were, staying up is off course another story but by keeping the nucleus of the squad and a few additions I think we can all be confident for 17/18. The boys should hold onto this feeling and use it next year.

COYW
+1

Southdowns White

Nothing will be done about the pitch invasion just like TV replays for controversial decisions, some aspects of football will always live in the dark ages.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on May 17, 2017, 10:31:30 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 17, 2017, 10:24:24 AM

COYW
+1

I entirely agree with your assessment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.