watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

two strikers next season

Started by Allestree andy, May 17, 2017, 12:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Well another season finishes, i for one have really enjoyed this season the ups and downs, i spoke to a mate who is a reading fan, and he said that hes glade they got to the final, but that they had to cheat to get there, thats from the horses mouth.
on a lighter note we need two strikres for next season, i will through some names into the pot, and would be interesting to hear others view,
The strikers that come to mind are Tammy Abrahams, Asomba Bassonga (Notts forest), jermain defor, chris woods.

thoughts anyone

To the limit and beyond

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Allestree andy on May 17, 2017, 12:51:30 PM
Well another season finishes, i for one have really enjoyed this season the ups and downs, i spoke to a mate who is a reading fan, and he said that hes glade they got to the final, but that they had to cheat to get there, thats from the horses mouth.
on a lighter note we need two strikres for next season, i will through some names into the pot, and would be interesting to hear others view,
The strikers that come to mind are Tammy Abrahams, Asomba Bassonga (Notts forest), jermain defor, chris woods.

thoughts anyone

I agree. I too would like to see two new forwards. Obviously one will replace Martin.

For all their willingness and skill unfortunately Ayite and Aluko are not that deadly or clinical in front of goal and with Kebano and Cyriac and to some extent Piazon they are all players rather similar in nature.

We need a couple of out-and-out goal scorers with one having a bit of a physique.

I would be more than happy with Defoe or an up and coming player like Tammy Abraham but feel that Chris Wood is another Championship limited striker too much like Martin if a little more effective.

Bill2

I think Abrahams, I have spoken to someone I know who does some work at Chelsea with the U18's and asked him to have a word with Roman to loan him out to us next season. A bit tongue in cheek, but I believe we can go for a quality loan with the good looking football we play will show if these players are good enough.

@jolslover

I like that you managed to spell the name of every striker on that list wrong.

I would love Abraham on loan.

The last two names you've suggested are unrealistic. As for Assombalonga I expect Forest would want atleast 10 million and with his injuries. He is not worth that.
STH H3

FFC1987

Unlikely for both but my wish list would be Shane Long or Deeney.....

Chutney

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 17, 2017, 03:27:01 PM
Unlikely for both but my wish list would be Shane Long or Deeney.....

Shane Long would be the dream, he would of got two or three last night.
C O Y W

FFC1987

Wifes family are all Saints season ticket holders and I've been a fair few times. When Long did play (usually not often and mainly only 10-15 minutes) I really rated him. He's probably well off our capability though.

The Rock

"For all their willingness and skill unfortunately Ayite and Aluko are not that deadly or clinical in front of goal and with Kebano and Cyriac and to some extent Piazon they are all players rather similar in nature."

Ayite and Aluko are wingers and should continue to be wingers and not out and out strikers. Aluko looked wonderful yesterday as well.

I do think the combination is important than the player. We need an out and out pair like a target man striker and a speedster/finisher like the Roy days. Not sure how that fits into Slav's emphasis on wing play, but it gives you more options. Imagine Zamora or Dempsey instead Martin. Its that little bit change in the type of style and class on their day that makes all the difference and so easy to recognise.

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: The Rock on May 17, 2017, 04:02:53 PM
"For all their willingness and skill unfortunately Ayite and Aluko are not that deadly or clinical in front of goal and with Kebano and Cyriac and to some extent Piazon they are all players rather similar in nature."

Ayite and Aluko are wingers and should continue to be wingers and not out and out strikers. Aluko looked wonderful yesterday as well.

I do think the combination is important than the player. We need an out and out pair like a target man striker and a speedster/finisher like the Roy days. Not sure how that fits into Slav's emphasis on wing play, but it gives you more options. Imagine Zamora or Dempsey instead Martin. Its that little bit change in the type of style and class on their day that makes all the difference and so easy to recognise.

Was in agreement with your post until you said Aluko was wonderful yesterday. Sorry but he was woeful. The only time he did well was when he set Macdonald up. Other than that his overall game was poor.

filham

We are dreaming, remember we have to be able to afford both the transfer fee and the wages of the new strikers. Defoe and Deeney are on good Premiership wages , well out of our reach.
Also in view of the Martin experience the question " do you really wish to play for Fulham" has to have a positive answer.

Ordar

Andre Gray would be who I would like to go for. Would be deadly in our system, but granted I doubt Burnley would sell, and would cost a fortune

SP

Wonder if it'll be easier to attract decent players having just finished 6th?

Nero

Quote from: SP on May 17, 2017, 08:33:52 PM

easier then being 19th

Nero

spend big on one then get someone like murray from brighton or murphy from newcastle as back up a wise old head who knows how to win fouls waste time etc and can score a few

Andyb

jay Rodriguez? doesn't start that much anymore with long and Austin favoured, rumours he's going to Newcastle though

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on May 17, 2017, 08:33:52 PM

I would like to think so, especially as our football under Jok is sublime, and second to none.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.