News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Portsmouth get relegated would you?...

Started by Tktd, February 04, 2010, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Sanction a move for Jamie O'Hara - he was really impressive I thought last night and was all over the place - creative and a hard worker with a good touch and eye for a pass.... pretty sure he can score the odd goal too! - And he's English!

Him and Skjelbred in the middle would be dynamite! lol... maybe with Dikgacoi in a holding role!?!

Hmmm...

-------------------------Schwarzer-----------------------

Konchesky/Shorey-----Hangeland------Hughes-----Pantsil

--------------------------Dikgacoi-------------------------

Dempsey---------Skjelbred-----------O'Hara---------Duff

------------------------Okaka/Zamora-----------------------

obviously it hasn't had much thought put into it, but that doesn't look like a bad line up to me....!

Hazey

I definitely would and go for Boateng also.  Was impressed with his effort last night after not being a fan of his at all.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

TonyGilroy

O'hara would be a great acquisition but I would guess that his price has gone up considerably this season.

Yarden

Well, O`hara is a spurs player so doesn`t really matter if pompey goes down or not

WhiteJC

Tktd

Quote from: WhiteJC on February 04, 2010, 07:37:06 PM
I'd take Steve Finnan back in a heart beat

But would you start him over Pantsil?! For me he's like our LB position when Konch and Shorey are both fit, but there's less going for him... yeah he's good, he's a ex fulham player who gave his all but he's not getting any younger and with a crowd favourite in Pantsil who's also younger would you bring him in just to sit on the bench?

TonyGilroy

I half expected us to go for Finnan in the window. Having been at Liverpool and knowing Portsmouth's wages policy I'd guess he's way too expensive for us.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Tktd on February 04, 2010, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on February 04, 2010, 07:37:06 PM
I'd take Steve Finnan back in a heart beat

But would you start him over Pantsil?! For me he's like our LB position when Konch and Shorey are both fit, but there's less going for him... yeah he's good, he's a ex fulham player who gave his all but he's not getting any younger and with a crowd favourite in Pantsil who's also younger would you bring him in just to sit on the bench?

I think he'd give Pants a run for his money, at the moment there is no cover, I like Pants but we need to allow for injuries. If Finnan was with us now, we wouldn't have had a 5 game loosing streak (IMO)

Is Pants better than Finnan, not sure but was Voltzy better than Liam?

Burt

Stevie Finnan deffo, if only to give us more depth at left back....

The_Great_Escape_2008

Only problem with that team is Pants and Konch are on the wrong side. Apart from that it looks like a good team. BUT, one man up front is a system that doesn't really work for us.

White Noise

We have apparently been close to getting O'Hara in the past. His good lady would fit right in -

os5889

O Hara: -

Younger, fitter, faster, stronger Murphy

Steve_orino

As WN pointed out, didn't we have a go for him?  I thought it was this past Summer Transfer period too.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

JBH

We were linked with O'Hara but couldn't sign him in January as he was unavailable due to having played for Spurs and Pompey under long term deals in one season, I think RH will try to sign him in July

cebu

Wouldn't mind at all if Fulham make another move for him during the next transfer window.