watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

KALAS and REAM

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, May 18, 2017, 01:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Good players but let's not forget that on Monday Reading missed some sitters.
Grabbans header and the incredible Swift miss to name a couple.
Plus the Betts save from Kermit.
I'm not talking about us also having chances etc but we still let opposition teams
have several good opportunities which if they take would, I think, reveal the
frailties in our defence
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

uzuccher96

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 18, 2017, 01:43:07 PM
Good players but let's not forget that on Monday Reading missed some sitters.
Grabbans header and the incredible Swift miss to name a couple.
Plus the Betts save from Kermit.
I'm not talking about us also having chances etc but we still let opposition teams
have several good opportunities which if they take would, I think, reveal the
frailties in our defence
Agreed. We just need one more CB and one ST. But he has to be able to score penalties.

AlexW132

We need at the bare minimum one new good defender. Only one clean sheet since February isn't good enough, aand that was against Rovrum.

westcliff white

The save from Kermit had nothing to do with Kalas 7 Ream more baout the build up and how we didnt close, that aside I htink they have done ok this year, a massive upgrade and I would be happy for them to continue. The way we play now our CB's and holding midfielder will always be under pressure and its to be expected that chances come because of that, however overall no complaints from me
Every day is a Fulham day

J.Perkins

Kalas covered our whole defense for months. Recently, it has been Ream covering Kalas mistakes.

Going through the current run of 1 goal conceded every game:

Ipswich: Bettinelli failed to deal with the cross
Norwich: cross fell in between both CBs, Jerome unmarked
Villa: superb long shot, Fredericks maybe at fault
Huddersfield: penalty
Brentford: Ream pressed, Malone didn't slot in covering
Wednesday: Kalas dribbled into the ref, Bettinelli poor positioning
Reading H: Bettinelli should have done better, Fredericks didn't close
Reading A: penalty

Bettinelli at fault for a few, same for Fredericks not closing down, Kalas and Ream with a couple.

Keynsham

I#m not suggesting that those two are perfect but don't forget that a lot of those chances were created because we were chasing the game so hard.

Dixie

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 18, 2017, 01:57:36 PM
Kalas covered our whole defense for months. Recently, it has been Ream covering Kalas mistakes.

Bettinelli at fault for a few, same for Fredericks not closing down, Kalas and Ream with a couple.

You are focused here on the actual goals which were scored... I think the point of the OP is that we allow the oppo far too many chances to score, which if they were to take, would take games out of reach.

I agree that we were lucky to only be 1-0 down against Reading before we really started to boss the game and i think that is indicative of the fact that we have had to come from behind so often this season...
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

westcliff white

Quote from: Dixie on May 18, 2017, 02:45:56 PM

You are focused here on the actual goals which were scored... I think the point of the OP is that we allow the oppo far too many chances to score, which if they were to take, would take games out of reach.

I agree that we were lucky to only be 1-0 down against Reading before we really started to boss the game and i think that is indicative of the fact that we have had to come from behind so often this season...
I do not think you can just label any goal one persona fault, unless it is a glaring error. It is a team game, we play an attacking brand where our full backs push on so the centre backs and holding midfielder have a lot to do becausse of that. For we you score and concede as a team, you can always find something to blame a goal on but in relaity you can say if only everyone had done something different
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

Kalas and ream just got better as season went on and played a major role from xmas on.

Lighthouse

I think we need a forward or two. Both central defenders are fine but not if we want to step up and gain promotion. I would say a central defensive twosome is needed. Plus a keeper who can dominate his area a little better than the keepers we have.

(Please God, don't let him go on about the 'spine' of the team again)

In other words a stronger spine to the team

(Bugger)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

There is always a choice in football between entertainment and efficiency and any station between them.  Jokanovic's game is about possession, which not only creates chances but also reduces opposition chances, and reactive eleven player responses to whatever is happening wherever it is happening so that defenders begin attacks and attackers begin defence, the whole team becoming a football unit.  The defence is the one area I don't think needs to be overly tampered with.  Kalas and Ream make a good partnership especially with the wing backs we have.  I am more concerned about squad depth in central midfield and our strike force.  I didn't think we did badly in either game against Reading. 

nose

i always liked ream and thought he was often picked on. I am happy he is being spoken of so well now. Kalas is obviously very good and together they are a great team, best since brede and aaron.

But we need an 'enforcer' and generally that nmeans CB or center midfield.... somebody has to give way. All team need a tough cookie and we do not really have such a man to put fear in the hearts of the opposition and officials (after all i said about sportsmanship elsewhere on the MB too!).

filham

Ream and Kalas have been good this year, the best in central defence since Hangeland and Hughes. it will cost us a lot to improve on them.

With our attack based system we are not going to get many clean sheets and quite honestly I would rather keep it that way than come away from the Cottage week after week having seen a 0-0 draw.

bobbo

you could do what you've done there with any club in any division. It's what the game is all about goals get scored and very often because a defender didn't stop it. I hate to criticise . But it's a fact or the game wouldn't be what it is.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

@jolslover

If these two are our starting CB partnership next season. I will be happy.
STH H3

YankeeJim

Lets sign Kalas and keep he and Ream for next season and spend money on a striker. Next year go looking for a CB starter that can compete in the Prem.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

dhowells21

Quote from: @jolslover on May 18, 2017, 04:46:17 PM
If these two are our starting CB partnership next season. I will be happy.

Same for me. I'll have no complaints at all with that at all.

With the high risk play, and full backs marauding and attacking team mindset, they do a surprisingly good job, and get somewhat unfair criticism (in my opinion). Ream has transformed into a very good defender - most improved player of the year for me.