more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin

Started by ealex40, May 23, 2017, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Will Martin be returning to Derby?

Wasn't he here on loan with an option for us to buy him? I see he is listed as a Fulham player on the list of players selected to play for Scotland this summer, along with Tom Cairney.

Regardless, as joint top scorers in our division, why do many people on this site put striker(s) on our shopping list for next season, when we did better than most clubs without a traditional striker?

Lighthouse

It is a really good debate about the strikers. I still maintain that we needed a striker and at times suffered from having too many similar players up front. A player who can hold up play and finish well would have made all the difference. But there is no denying we did score plenty of goals without one.

As for Martin I would hope that having seen him in action and suffered his antics we would not be pursuing his signing. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

We're going to lose Chris and cyriac. We need a striker or 2 , even just to have an option of a plan B if we're going with non traditional route

Andy S

And that is what it is all about. You are severely restricted if you cannot use a plan b if things are not going as predicted. A bit one dimensional.

westcliff white

We still have an option to buy, not sure on that expiry my summation is we have to say we want to before end of loan deal 31/05.

Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

I'd hope that we can do better.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose

I love Joca to bits but keeping martin would be a serious error of judgment.

Martin's contribution was far too little. The odd times he did well were too far and few between. I saw players for other teams, with less skill make far more contribution. And there is the issue of whether he actually wanted to stay or go. His heart never appeared to be in it.

He was never a 'hate figure' for me in the way one or two other might have been. But I think we should look elsewhere for somebody that is 100% committed to the cause.

westcliff white

that's how I see it as well nose

filham

I just can't believe that anyone is even thinking that there is a remote possibility of Martin staying, he has failed on all counts and from now on should be Derby's problem.

westcliff white

Quote from: filham on May 24, 2017, 11:26:41 AM
I just can't believe that anyone is even thinking that there is a remote possibility of Martin staying, he has failed on all counts and from now on should be Derby's problem.
while we have an option there is that possibility if Slav really wishes to push it, therefore it cannot be ruled out. I personally do not see him staying even if we meet the option price. I wholeheartedly agree with nose. I would add he started slowly hit some form and then, well we all know what happened.

Don't agree with what he did and how it was played out in the media, but as they say C'est La Vie. No one will ever know the real ins and outs (except those in the know) we all rely on media updates etc.

gang

Can't see us taking up the option on either Chrissy or Cyriac.

Chutney

I like to think that as soon as the final whistle went at Reading nobody at fulham said a word to Chris Martin ever again. The only silver lining to losing out that night is that we get to show "chrissy" exactly how we feel about him at least twice next season.
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on May 24, 2017, 03:03:58 PM
Quote from: Chutney on May 24, 2017, 02:59:44 PM
I like to think that as soon as the final whistle went at Reading nobody at fulham said a word to Chris Martin ever again. The only silver lining to losing out that night is that we get to show "chrissy" exactly how we feel about him at least twice next season.

Rather we kept our mouths shut. He's bound to score at the cottage and run past the hammy end cupping his ear. That's as certain as death and taxes. I just hope it isn't an important game when it comes round.

Oh no doubt he will score against us, it always happens, Martin is the type to physically sprint (rare I know) to the other end of the ground to antagonise us. Hopefully followed by Cairney curling one in the 94th minute for the winner and the entire ground singing "Martin whats the score?!" It will be glorious.

Derby won't be challengers next season.
C O Y W

filham

Rather we kept our mouths shut. He's bound to score at the cottage and run past the hammy end cupping his ear. That's as certain as death and taxes. I just hope it isn't an important game when it comes round.
Not sure that he will make the Derby team next season, there strikers did quite well last season and wil not easolly be displaced.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Andy S on May 24, 2017, 01:11:12 AM
And that is what it is all about. You are severely restricted if you cannot use a plan b if things are not going as predicted. A bit one dimensional.

What ever happened to plan B?

Last seen in a film with "my name's Michael Caine" about a drug fuelled London sink estate, ex army men, riots, dodgy pub landlords, good & bad cops etc

Or am I confusing it with an alternative plan B, C, D whateva....

Come on Fulham, let's have some good news asap

Joka, Cairney,Sess x 2, release of those not required, new signings....?

Southcoastffc

The OP says that CM is shown as a Fulham player on the list of those in the Scotland squad.  Interestingly, there is no mention of him on the Derby FC site, not even as a player out on loan.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Max Headroom

I am not a fan. Send him home. Sorry, but his behaviour in December was unacceptable and he hardly scored since then, missing a sitter in injury time v Reading.

westcliff white

Quote from: Max Headroom on May 25, 2017, 04:19:53 PM
I am not a fan. Send him home. Sorry, but his behaviour in December was unacceptable and he hardly scored since then, missing a sitter in injury time v Reading.
Not saying we should keep him, but if part of the judge,net is missing a good chance, then Aluko in the first half of the first leg? Just saying as every forward / player misses chances.

Personally think we can do better, hard to say if he was our player and not on loan would he have done better as no one can tell. For certain We should have done the deal earlier in August but Pearson delayed things. All down to Slav now we have an option and will he won't he take it up. I wouldn't now to be honest partly decemeber and January and partly his form towards the season end

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I really really really hope this does come true, because you deserve to get at least one prediction right about him,  because i am now desperate for you to come back one day and have the right to say ' I told ya' . As it stands though, you're 25 and 0.

Max Headroom

Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2017, 04:25:20 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on May 25, 2017, 04:19:53 PM
Not saying we should keep him, but if part of the judge,net is missing a good chance, then Aluko in the first half of the first leg? Just saying as every forward / player misses chances.

Personally think we can do better, hard to say if he was our player and not on loan would he have done better as no one can tell. For certain We should have done the deal earlier in August but Pearson delayed things. All down to Slav now we have an option and will he won't he take it up. I wouldn't now to be honest partly decemeber and January and partly his form towards the season end

Aluko is a great player, apart from his shooting.... don't start me off.... we have a forward problem. It needs sorting and am sure it will be