watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (26/05/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 26, 2017, 07:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Liverpool fans – would you prefer to sign Andrew Robertson or Ryan Sessegnon?

A left-back is likely to be high on Liverpool's agenda this summer and they've already been linked with a number of potential signings – not least including Fulham's teenage wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon via Sky Sports and Hull City's Andrew Robertson, with Mirror Football recently claiming they've already sealed a deal for the latter.

The Reds, while having the solid figure of Nathaniel Clyne down the right side of their defence, have struggled to find a full-time occupant for the other flank, with midfielder James Milner being the player of choice for much of the season.

The former England international has indeed done a fantastic job filling in at left-back having spent much of his career adapting to different positions across the park. However, Jurgen Klopp will be looking for a more natural replacement for the Englishman this summer.

At only 17, Sessegnon has blown away the Championship this season at Fulham with his excellent performances from full-back, while Andrew Robertson appears likely to leave Hull City after their relegation from the Premier League and is valued by Transfermarkt at just £5.95million.

https://www.footballfancast.com/debate/polls/liverpool-fans-would-you-prefer-to-sign-andrew-robertson-or-ryan-sessegnon

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace make Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic their top target to replace Sam Allardyce

The 48-year-old Fulham manager is high on the list of managers Steve Parish wants to take over, with Chris Coleman also being targeted

Cyrstal Palace have reportedly made Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic their top target after Sam Allardyce's shock departure.

Steve Parish has put the Serbian top of his managerial wish list, with Fulham legend Chris Coleman also high on the list of managers the Palace chairman wants to talk with.

The 48-year-old, however, only signed a new contract in February which runs until 2019 and would cost Palace £3million in compensation, according to the Sun.

West Ham had shortlisted the Fulham boss previously, but Jokanovic ruled out any move and insisted he was happy at Fulham and wanted to take the club back to the Premier League.

Middlesbrough are also sniffing round Jokanovic, but he is happy in London and isn't interested in a move north at this moment in time.

Meanwhile, Wales are also bracing themselves for an approach for former Fulham man Coleman, who would jump at the chance to return to club management eventually after doing a great job with Wales.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crystal-palace-make-fulham-manager-13089263

WhiteJC

Report: Crystal Palace want to speak to Fulham's Slavisa Jokanovic about replacing Sam Allardyce

Crystal Palace may have to pay £3 million to prise the Serbian away from Fulham.

Crystal Palace want to speak to Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic about replacing Sam Allardyce, the Sun reports [25 May, page 56].

And it is claimed the Serbian could be tempted by a move south of the river, as he wants to remain "in or around" London.

Palace would reportedly have to pay £3 million to release Jokanovic from his contract, and could offer him a similar amount - plus bonuses - a year in wages.

Jokanovic transformed Fulham from Championship relegation contenders to play-off semi-finalists in 18 months, having previously led Watford into the Premier League as runners-up.

And the Cottagers' attractive style of play is said to have won him man admirers at second-tier level and above.

West Ham United are among the clubs linked with the 48-year-old of late, although it has since been claimed the Hammers have ruled out a change of manager - allowing Palace a "clear run".

Wales boss Chris Coleman, Burnley's Sean Dyche and ex-Manchester City gaffer Roberto Mancini are also being mentioned as contenders to succeed Sam Allardyce at Selhurst Park.

Should Crystal Palace target the Fulham boss?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/25/report-crystal-palace-want-to-speak-to-fulhams-slavisa-jokanovic/

WhiteJC

Chelsea star's younger brother joins Fulham after impressing on trial

The youngster has joined from Charlton after impressing on trial and the move could help pave the way for his older brother

Timmy Abraham, younger brother of Chelsea star Tammy, has signed for Fulham after impressing on trial at the club.

Abraham who is 15, joins from Charlton Athletic after he impressed with the U18 side whilst on trial and has now made the move permanent, signing a youth deal at Motspur Park.

Like his older brother, Abraham plays as a forward and was at Charlton for six years before switching to play for Fulham.

Meanwhile, brother Tammy looks set to go out on loan once again next season after an impressive year with Bristol City, where he scored 26 goals in 48 appearances in the Championship, and Fulham could be a good move for him with his family connections now at the club, as well as its west London location.

However, reports suggest Premier League new boys Newcastle and Brighton have both been given permission to speak to the Chelsea star about a loan move to the clubs.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-stars-younger-brother-joins-13089934

WhiteJC

Fulham transfers: All you need to know about Panama U20 international Ricardo Avila

The Panamanian has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement with Fulham - here's all you need to know about him

Fulham have been linked with KAA Gent's Ricardo Avila who has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement to join the club on loan, but who is he?

Unless you're an expect in Central American football, he probably won't a household name, nor is he even someone that you may have heard of when you were watching that dodgy game at midnight one weekend because you were bored.

We've done a bit of research and tried to find out as much as we can about Avila - here's what we know about him.

Name: Ricardo 'Pepe' Avila

Position: Midfielder

Previous clubs: Koper, who are a Slovenian club that play in the Slovenian PrvaLiga where Avila was sent to get some experience of European football.

Chorrillo, who are a Panamanian club who play in the Liga Panamena de Futbol and play their home games in front of 6000 people at the Estadoi Maracana.

KAA Gent play in the Belgian first division where they recently finished in fourth place. Avila joined the club in March 2017 from Chorrillo but has yet to make an appearance for the side.

Stand out facts: Avila impressed scouts during the CONCACAF U20 Championships which were held in Costa Rica between February 17 and March 5 of this year.

Avila was the second highest scorer in the competition with four goals in five games, alongside the US' Brooks Lennon, while he also played the most passes in the entire tournament, passing the ball 220 times with a 85% pass completion.

He was also ranked fourth highest in terms of balls won, winning it fifteen times in the whole tournament, which was an average of three wins every game he played.

Avila was called up bu Hernan Dario Gomez for Panama's two World Cup qualifying games against Trinidad and Tobago and the United States, although he didn't feature in either game.

He was set to join Tenerife after the U20 tournament which was reportedly a loan with an option to buy, but decided at the last minute to join Gent, where fellow countryman Jose Luis Rodriguez also plays.

Fulham spotted Ayila when they played Gent in a friendly tournament where the Panamanian stood out for the opponents, while he also impressed against Dutch champions Feyenoord, but no agreement was made between the two parties.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfers-you-need-know-13089691

WhiteJC

Former Burton Albion loan striker Cauley Woodrow in England under-21 training squad ahead of Euros

Cauley Woodrow has been named in England's under-21s' training squad ahead of this summer's European Under-21 Championships in Poland.

The former Burton Albion loan player - who has been linked with a permanent move back to the Pirelli Stadium - is one of seven forwards selected by Aidy Boothroyd for next week's pre-Euros camp at St George's Park.

That squad will then be cut down to 23 players ahead of the UEFA deadline on June 6, with the Young Lions getting their campaign underway against Sweden on June 16.

Fulham striker Woodrow is joined by fellow forwards Tammy Abraham - who enjoyed a standout season on loan at Bristol City - Isaiah Brown, Demarai Gray, Jacob Murphy, Nathan Redmond and Patrick Roberts.

"We've got 28 players, but only 23 can go," said Boothroyd. "We only have the FA Cup final, the Championship play-off final and the Scottish Cup final to get through, so fingers crossed we will get everybody unscathed and we can have a really good training camp.

"I'll be looking for as much information as I can gather about where everybody's at and then I'll pick the squad.

"But there's a lot of good players here so it's going to be very difficult to leave players out."

Woodrow notched five goals in 14 appearances for Albion, including vital winners against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Nottingham Forest.

FULL SQUAD FOR TRAINING CAMP:

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jonathan Mitchell (Derby County), Jordan Pickford (Sunderland), Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)

Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rob Holding (Arsenal), Mason Holgate (Everton), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Alfie Mawson (Swansea City), Sam McQueen (Southampton), Jack Stephens (Southampton), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa),Will Hughes (Derby County), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), John Swift (Reading), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Isaiah Brown (Chelsea), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Jacob Murphy (Norwich City), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Patrick Roberts (Manchester City), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham)

Read more at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/former-burton-albion-loan-striker-cauley-woodrow-in-england-under-21-training-squad-ahead-of-euros/story-30353995-detail/story.html#g2vQ6ZelsGsZCspC.99

WhiteJC

Woodrow On England Duty

Cauley Woodrow has been called up by England Under-21s for their pre-European Championship training camp next week.

Head coach Aidy Boothroyd has invited a group of 28 to St George's Park, which he will then have to whittle down to 23 when he names his squad for the Finals in Poland that kick-off mid-June.

Woodrow was named in the previous Under-21 squad, and scored in their most recent fixture, a 4-0 victory over Denmark.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/may/25/woodrow-on-england-duty

WhiteJC

Why I'm a fan of Fulham FC
How did I end up with a favorite team that's 4800 miles away?

Welcome to the refreshed Cottagers Confidential! To celebrate the new look and feel of our sports communities, we're sharing stories of how and why we became fans of our favorite teams. If you'd like to share your story, head over to the FanPosts to write your own post. Each FanPost will be entered into a drawing to win a $500 Fanatics gift card [contest rules]. We're collecting all of the stories here and featuring the best ones across our network as well. Come Fan With Us!

You might be wondering how a middle aged guy from the United States, who never played the sport past the U10 level, fell in love with Fulham. To be honest, sometimes when the team is being particularly Fulhamish, I wonder about that myself.

I didn't grow up watching soccer or really even playing it. There really wasn't a way to watch the game while living in Oklahoma. Then came the 1994 World Cup. It's the first time I remember seeing the games on TV and how me and my friends fell in love with Roberto Baggio. After that I settled into the cycle of watching the World Cup every four years, and the US Team every time they were on TV. I still wouldn't have even considered myself a soccer fan at this point.

It wasn't until the late 2000's that Fox Soccer made it's way to my house. All of a sudden my weekend mornings were spent watching the Premier League. At first I didn't have a team, but I soon found myself watching more and more of Fulham. Being an American, you can probably guess why. If it wasn't for Clint Dempsey, I probably wouldn't have been watching. It was great that Fulham had a history of American players, but I was really tuning in each week to watch Dempsey.

But then a funny thing happened, Dempsey left Fulham. The guy who might be my favorite player of all time Moussa Dembele (the first one) left soon after. Instead of my interest in the club waning, I felt hurt that they'd left my club. Somehow I'd become a Fulham fan. Instead of looking for a new club to support, I was planning a trip to London to see the team live.

How did I go from a fan of a player, to a fan of the club? I'm not exactly sure. I may have started watching during the best spell Fulham will ever have, but even then they weren't particularly good. They never won a trophy, and never finished higher than seventh. There was a Europa League run, but even as exciting as that was, it's still more about the disappointment at the end. Yet I was still trying to stuff myself into a Kappa shirt that was way too tight. I was in love with Craven Cottage. I loved interacting with other supporters on Twitter. I loved listening to Cottage Talk and reading Cottagers Confidential.

When asked to take over running this site, I jumped at. I couldn't believe that anyone would want to hear my thoughts on Fulham. I'll be the first to admit, I have been less than a good luck charm. The team got relegated in my first season covering them, and nearly fell out of the Championship twice thereafter. Any reasonable person would have jumped ship. The Championship isn't on TV very often in the US, and it would be awfully easy to start pulling for a different Premier League side. That was never really an option though. For better or worse, Fulham is my club.

I maybe like Charlie Brown, with Fulham being my Lucy. Getting close enough to think it will finally happen, just to have the ball pulled away, but I can't help it. Every year I think this could be the one. Whether it was the year to make a cup run, break into the top six of the premier league, or more recently gain promotion. Fulham waited a long time to pull the ball out from under me this year, but the run up to that moment made the pain at the end worth it. And I'm already thinking about next season and how it's going to be the one.

As you might guess, living in Seattle, I don't run into other Fulham fans very often. The readers of this site and those of you that interact with me on Twitter or Facebook always let me know I'm not alone when I'm suffering through a Fulhamish defeat or celebrating an unexpected win. I'm not sure I'd even feel like a fan unless I had others to share the experience with.

Thank you for helping me be a fan. I'm glad we do this together.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SB Nation Why Are You a Fan Reader Sweepstakes starts on 8:00 am ET on May 25, 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on June 8, 2017. Open only to eligible legal residents of the United States, 18 years or older. Click here for Official Rules and complete details, including entry instructions, odds of winning, alternative method of entry, prize details and restrictions, etc. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor: Vox Media, Inc.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/5/25/15689468/why-im-a-fan-of-fulham-fc-contest

WhiteJC

Wales boss Chris Coleman plays down Crystal Palace links

Wales boss Chris Coleman has distanced himself from the Crystal Palace vacancy - as Marco Silva, who looks set to leave Hull, and Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic appear to be on the Premier League club's shortlist to replace Sam Allardyce.

Palace are on the search for an eighth manager in the space of seven years in the wake of Allardyce's shock resignation announcement on Tuesday evening.

As yet there has been no official comment from Selhurst Park as to the next steps of the recruitment process.

Palace are, though, expected to have the new man in place for the trip out to Hong Kong in mid-July for the 2017 Premier League Asia Trophy, the line-up for which was confirmed on Wednesday and will also include Liverpool, West Brom and Leicester.

Silva made an impression during his time with Hull, but could not keep the Tigers up with a 4-0 defeat by the Eagles on May 14 confirming relegation as well as top-flight survival for Allardyce's side.

However, Press Association Sport understands that the Portuguese coach met the club's owners on Wednesday night and told them of his decision to leave.

The 39-year-old has also been attracting interest from home club Porto following the departure of Nuno as well as Watford, now on the hunt for a third boss in as many Premier League campaign after axing Walter Mazzarri.

Palace are also said to be considering Jokanovic, the Serbian who helped take Watford into the top flight at the end of 2014/2015 and just missed out on taking Fulham into the Championship play-offs last season.

Leeds announced they had accepted the resignation of Garry Monk on Wednesday, with the former Swansea boss immediately installed as one of the leading contenders for the Palace vacancy.

Italians Roberto Mancini and Claudio Ranieri are others reported to be under consideration as well as former England boss Roy Hodgson, who said he would be open to offers should he ''like the idea", while Sean Dyche impressed with the job of keeping Burnley up.

However, while Coleman has a strong link with the Eagles from his playing days at Selhurst Park from 1991 to 1995, the 46-year-old stressed his current immediate focus was only on getting Wales back in contention for the 2018 World Cup.

The Dragons' qualification campaign continues against Group D leaders Serbia on June 11.

Coleman joked about having a "good time at the Palace" when the issue of the Eagles' job was raised at a press conference on Thursday to announce his latest squad, with reference to the Welshman's OBE presentation at Buckingham Palace last week.

"All I am thinking about is Serbia. I don't think past that, I can't afford to," said Coleman, who resisted interest from the Premier League after taking Wales into the semi-finals of Euro 2016.

"I can't control what's said about me outside of Wales, I only care about Wales and preparing properly.

"I am looking forward to this game, that's where my mind and my thinking is."

Allardyce, meanwhile, insisted he wanted to take a break from football after helping the Eagles stay up and at the same time rebuilding his reputation following the disappointing premature end to the England job.

The 62-year-old, who only took charge at Selhurst Park on December 23, is said to have been due a £2million bonus for staving off the threat of relegation.

It has been suggested Palace would be owed a similar figure in compensation should Allardyce take on another manager's role within two years.

Eagles winger Andros Townsend has been linked with a summer move back to former club Newcastle following their promotion.

Townsend missed the final match of the campaign at Manchester United and has undergone surgery on his Achilles tendon, with P alace club doctor Zafar Iqbal expecting the player to be available again for pre-season.

"Andros had a minor procedure earlier in the week to remove an irritation to the Achilles tendon. He had been struggling with it in the latter part of the season and it was then decided to address the issue at the end of season to allow him to return and be ready for the start of pre-season," Dr Iqbal said on the club's official website.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wales-boss-chris-coleman-plays-down-crystal-palace-links-35756059.html

WhiteJC

Why Ryan Sessegnon is the perfect fit for Liverpool's left flank

Liverpool have been heavily linked with a move for Fulham's left sided wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon. Here we look at what he would bring to Jurgen Klopp's side.

Sessegnon only turned seventeen on May 18, but the regularity with which his name is mentioned in the transfer gossip pages makes him seem older than his years.

To put it into perspective he's younger than Ben Woodburn, who became Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorer last November, but turns 18 in October.

Sessegnon was born in Roehampton, just across the river from Fulham's Craven Cottage ground, and he signed for the club at under 9s level in 2008, along with his twin brother Steven.

From there he progressed through the academy and became a player from whom much is expected, so much so that he was already playing in the under-18s side at the age of 15.

His steps at club level have been mirrored on the international scene, with appearances for England's youth sides from under-16s through to under-19 level.

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic was aware of the talented youngster and called him up to the first team squad for the 2016/17 season, and this is where his name began to become more widely known.

Taking his chance

Perhaps surprisingly he was given immediate chances in the first team. He started a League Cup match against Leyton Orient in August and was soon making his league debut against Leeds United in the same month.

In the next Championship game against Cardiff, he came off the bench at the end of the first half to replace the injured Floyd Ayite, and went on to score his first goal for the club.

In doing so he became the first player born in the 21st Century to score in English league football, at the age of 16 years and 94 days.

"Ryan can be good for us. He made a great impact for us. He is a real winner and he is just 16 years and three months," said Jokanovic at the time.

"I'm sure in the future he can be big part of my squad and help us. He can play in different positions."

And so it proved. Sessegnon went on to make 17 starts in the 2016/17 season, giving him 25 appearances in total given he was brought on from the bench eight times.

His performances against Cardiff and Fulham in the FA Cup were particular highlights, as were his two goals against eventual champions Newcastle at St James' Park.

Where does he play and what can he do?

Sessegnon can play anywhere down the left-hand side and has the potential to become one of the best left-backs England has seen.

But as happens with many exceptionally talented full backs, he could end up in a more pivotal position further up the pitch or in midfield.

His brace against Newcastle came from the left wing, where he was his side's biggest attacking threat alongside striker Sone Aluko, but he's also scored goals from left back.

Attacking full backs aren't a new invention, but the role is evolving and players in the position need to be complete footballers to be considered successful.

Liverpool have a long history of utilising forward thinking full-backs, with Phil Neal being the prime example of a good all-rounder, but many of the club's better players in the position in modern times have been defensively solid, first and foremost.

The ability to carry out defensive responsibilities is a question regularly asked of marauding full backs, and Sessegnon does have some strengths in this area despite his youth and inexperience.

Like Alberto Moreno he has the pace to cover counter-attacks, which is vital in a high defensive line, but he also has the ability to marshall opposition attackers into positions which are favourable to him — a trait which is often lacking in the Spaniard's game.

As with many full-backs, he can have trouble with crosses, which is mainly due to a lack of height, but at a reasonable 5' 10", with more positional awareness and increased strength as he ages there should be some improvement in this area in the coming years.

Though he's primarily left footed, one of Sessegnon's seven goals in the past season did come from his right foot, and his general work on the ball is very handy for a wide player.

This will be useful as full backs are often involved in build up play in tight areas on the touchline, and they need the ability to play incisive forward passes when the option is there, which is something Liverpool currently lack.

He also has the work rate and mentality to want to press off the ball, which is a prerequisite for any signing Klopp makes.

View from The Cottage

As alluded to, his attacking prowess suggests that his future position could lie further forward, and this is something we asked Fulham fan Russ Goldman of Cottage Talk about when we got his thoughts on the player.

What do you think Sessegnon's best position will be long term?

I think his best position will be in the midfield on the left.

As he continues to develop as a player, his scoring ability with his pace will make for an incredible combination.

On top of that, he is not a selfish player as he is not afraid at all to make that pass to set up a teammate. His influence on a match I believe will be greater in the midfield.

What would you say are his main strengths?

His main strengths will start with his pace, along with his skill to get into dangerous areas and either shoot or pass.

However, the reason why I feel he will be a special player is his awareness of how his team wants to play, and how he can make a difference in each match.

Lastly, another strength would have to be his confidence. He plays with no fear and is not afraid to make a mistake which is huge in his development.

Young players can sometimes lack defensive nous, does this apply to Sessegnon, and does he have any other weaknesses?

He is definitely still learning the defensive side of his game, but his pace has already helped him improve a great deal in this area.

He has made mistakes defensively, but I think this is good experience for his future development as a player.

Does he have the work-rate required to play in an intense system such as Klopp's?

His work rate is at an extremely high level as he has already played in a a very attacking style at Fulham, so I don't think he would be affected at all negatively at Liverpool.

However, he is such a young player who is still learning so I do think the best place for him in the immediate future is to stay at Fulham.

He will get his chance soon enough to play at the highest level, but to continue to improve as a player, to become the finished article, I hope he stays at Fulham.

However, if he does want to leave Liverpool is the right place for him.

My hope is that he signs a professional contract with Fulham. If that does happen and a decision is made for him to go to larger club, I would highly recommend a loan back to Fulham for at least one more season.

I have seen too many examples of young players moving to soon like Patrick Roberts and Wilfried Zaha.

For him to become the player he can be, the best place for him right now is Fulham.

Why he's the perfect fit for Liverpool

Despite Russell's warnings, many Reds fans would believe that a player with this talent would get in the Liverpool team regardless of his age.

The problems at left back are there for all to see.

Moreno isn't trusted and James Milner isn't a left back, so if the teenager were to sign for the club then there should be plenty of first team opportunities.

Sessegnon on the left, and Trent Alexander-Arnold on the right would have Liverpool's (and maybe England's) full back positions boxed off for years, but they would also challenge for more pivotal and more influential roles further up the pitch, such is their talent.

This versatility can be key for a young player as they look to get first team football wherever they can, and seeing as Klopp is short of both left backs and pacy wingers Sessegnon fits the bill perfectly.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/05/ryan-sessegnon-perfect-fit-liverpools-left-flank/

WhiteJC

Could Newcastle United's Tom Cairney hopes rest on Crystal Palace appointing Slavisa Jokanovic?

Tom Cairney's outstanding form at Fulham is understood to have piqued Newcastle United's interest - but Crystal Palace cannot be discounted just yet.

Slavisa Jokanovic certainly deserves his chance in the Premier League. Harshly dismissed when guiding Watford to promotion in 2015 before turning an underachieving Fulham side into the most attractive, exciting team in the division, its little wonder he's on Crystal Palace's radar following the shock departure of Sam Allardyce.

The Sun claims that Jokanovic may be tempted by the opportunity to work in the top flight at last. And although Palace chairman Steve Parish would have to pay £3 million in compensation to break his Fulham contract, he is more than willing to do so for the right man.

And, if the straight-talking tactician does indeed rock up at Selhurst Park this summer, you can expect that Palace will jump straight to the front of the queue for Tom Cairney.

Crystal Cairney

The Telegraph reported recently that Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez was keen to make the 26-year-old one of his first summer signings after being impressed with the Scot's performances last season.

Cairney scored 13 goals and laid on 11 assists during an outstanding campaign and also inspired Fulham's 3-1 win at Newcastle in March with a lethal long-range strike.

The report adds that The Magpies will make a £12 million bid although Fulham want closer to £20 million for arguably the most gifted footballer in the Championship last season.

However, Jokanovic could be forgiven for wanting to take his talismanic playmaker with him wherever he ends up this summer. And Palace are hardly blessed with goalscorers in central midfield, meaning Cairney could add real end product alongside the class and combativeness of Yohan Cabaye and Luka Milivojevic.

Consequently, Newcastle may be hoping Jokanovic spurns Palace's advances.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/25/do-could-newcastle-uniteds-tom-cairney-hopes-rest-on-crystal-pal/