News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever had as MULTI-talented a player as Stefan Johansen?

Started by Southcoastffc, June 01, 2017, 01:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Just watching the clips re SJ's 2nd place as Player of The Season, I wonder if we have ever had a player who combines flair, determination and hard work as much as he does?  He seems to me to be a bit of KMac, TC, Moussa (the first), Sean Davis and Steed all in one.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BedsFFC

I'd say our one player that would perform ok in premiership.

bog

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

dannyboi-ffc

By championship standards he is immense but to answer the question Dembele the first was in a league of his own. I know many older supporters who think he's the best player they've seen for Fulham excluding Haynes.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Andy S

I don't agree with that Danny but very good none the less. I think the older I get the harder it seems to compare one player with another as it is a team game and a lot of the time it depends on the quality around you

Snibbo

tommy

Peabody

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Peabody

In later years, he spent a lot of time tracking back, he had too.

bog

Graham Leggat. Played in all 5 forward positions and scored from all of them.

092.gif

cmg

Quote from: bog on June 02, 2017, 01:46:14 PM
092.gif

I am not entirely sure what we mean by 'multi-talented' - capable of filling different roles over a period of time OR able to display a range of different skills in the same match.

My first though was for Graham Leggat, as bog has pointed out.
From the same era I also thought of Roy Bentley who came to us as an England international centre-forward, switched to right half (Defensive Midfield) after a season and a half and then moved to CB, where he played so well that the only reason he didn't receive further England caps at that position was that he was considered too old.

Ray Houghton would be a good shout, too.

Holders

Dempsey comes to mind. I'd also mention Stan Brown who played in all 11 positions. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Carborundum

We used to have this player who was an amazing tackler, wonderful athlete tracking back, strong as an ox, good header of the ball,  had strong positional discipline and mentally caused opponents to shrink before him.  What an array of talents.  I'm appreciating SJ just as much as Dickson, although his skill set is a bit different as it includes both passing accurately over more than five yards and frequent goal scoring.

bog

Quote from: cmg on June 02, 2017, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: bog on June 02, 2017, 01:46:14 PM
092.gif

I am not entirely sure what we mean by 'multi-talented' - capable of filling different roles over a period of time OR able to display a range of different skills in the same match.

My first though was for Graham Leggat, as bog has pointed out.
From the same era I also thought of Roy Bentley who came to us as an England international centre-forward, switched to right half (Defensive Midfield) after a season and a half and then moved to CB, where he played so well that the only reason he didn't receive further England caps at that position was that he was considered too old.

Ray Houghton would be a good shout, too.
Top shout about Roy Bentley. Johnny Haynes went on record saying that he was a very important signing. The only living member of England's side that lost to the USA in 1950 World Cup.   

The Rock

Dembele the first. I think he's the best all around player to wear the shirt, personally.