watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do Fulham need to do in the summer transfer window

Started by charliejones141, June 01, 2017, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

A CEO is not appointed to fail, unless. of course, his/her job is to let a company fail.  I find it extraordinary that in the financial mess Fulham has been since relegation (and, in part, still is) has not resulted in the CEO being shown the door.  We lost something more important than the man when MAF sold the Club and perhaps that has only shown up since his departure.

Riverside

Keep what we have .
Including 2 loanees - Kallas and Piazon .
Replace CM with a CF who wants to play for Fulham .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexW132

Quote from: The Rock on June 02, 2017, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on June 02, 2017, 01:08:34 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on June 02, 2017, 01:06:57 PM
Back Slav. Sign Kalas, add a reliable GK + ST, improve squad depth and convince Cairney and Sessegnon to stay at least one more season. Do this and we have every chance of winning the league.
This plus a new CB
or 2.
Maybe a stretch too far given our current financial situation

Asotosyios

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 02, 2017, 11:24:37 PM
Back Slav. Sign Kalas, add a reliable GK + ST, improve squad depth and convince Cairney and Sessegnon to stay at least one more season. Do this and we have every chance of winning the league.
This plus a new CB
or 2.

We could sign Kalas and another CB and then sell Madl or Sigurdsson.

AlexW132

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 02, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on June 02, 2017, 11:24:37 PM
This plus a new CB
or 2.

We could sign Kalas and another CB and then sell Madl or Sigurdsson.
Kalas will be minimum £8m. Another good quality CB will be minimum £5m. Madl we need as backup and Sigurdsson will go for around £1m. Stearman will go for cheap as well. So right now we're looking at a net spend of around £11.5m, just on the Center Backs. A good GK will be maybe £4m, a striker could range from £2-4m (Unproven import) to £15m (top quality C'ship striker). So we're looking at a possible £30m outlay right now, given Cairney and Sess stay. It's tricky business.

Asotosyios

I think your budget is way too high. Kalas will definitely not cost £8m - he only has a year left on his contract. I think £4m would be enough.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: nose on June 02, 2017, 08:18:54 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 02, 2017, 01:49:05 PM
Quote from: nose on June 02, 2017, 12:24:12 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 02, 2017, 10:56:48 AM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 02, 2017, 01:37:04 AM
Wasn't Ayite that clown who was blasting the ball into row Z from ridiculous angles?  Wouldn't miss him.

I would sack the inept Ali Mack, before he ruins the team Jokanovic has assembled, which if kept together, would win the Championship rewarding the club with multi millions!  Makes economic sense.

Strange that Alistair Mackintosh has survived 10 years under two owners and working with a host of managers and has not been ousted but that you clearly know better than them.

Not wanting to be too contrevertial but ali mac has overseen our fall from grace as a europa cup final team to nearly achieving relegation to div 1. Only Joca has changed our recent fortune. Ali mac was in charge when we got three managers in a season, mitroglu,  and sold the entire squad, not to mention magath.  In any other walk of lif such failure would have been rewarded with a quick work to the exit.
He was lucky that MAF was not able to continue and the new owner has no experience.
I do think the current CEO has lead more than a charmed life, I cannot see what he has done that makes us better but we have had this debate many times before  so we will continue with at least one hand tied behind our back until he is eventually replaced.

Be sure he is the CEO so is responsible. If he isn't responsible, what does he actually do for a living?

Our owners have overseen our fall from grace. They make the big decisions on managers and big purchases.

It is strange that some posters choose to scapegoat him when, without detailed knowledge of the internal structure and responsibilities, it would seem just as reasonable to credit AM with our runs to the Europa League final and the play-offs this season.

If AM was responsible for the three managers, Mitroglu and Magath don't you think that he would have been sacked?

As CEO he will be responsible for the overall day-to-day running of the business and some projects, most recently the redevelopment of Motspur Park.

I sense that surviving 10 years, not being sacked by the new owner and having good relationships with the managers and those working closely with him as seen in a few reports probably says more about him than rumour and assumptions by posters speculating from afar.

it depemds how you view things. it was going wrong anyway and cleary AM was inefectual even under MAF, but a ceo does not just take care of day to day stuff. with such an inexperienced owner je was key to the decisions we took. he would have been key in the rene/magath deacle getting both decisions wrong, khan never made those calls without AM mega input. the same is true of sekling the squad after relegation and getting the wrong replacement manager.

In any other business, I repeat, in any other business the CEO would have been long gone, the man is not being scapegoated he he is holding us back, no doubt, for sure 100%. when confronted by friends of mine that met him, face to face, they came to the same conclusion., i am not sure why you want us to fly in the face of normal business practice.

These are the same accusations, definitions of CEO and 'my friend wasn't impressed' stories made every time.

And still he hasn't been sacked and there is no reason to believe he will be in the near future.

How come two very successful business men with plenty of experience of dealing with CEOs let him stay in post?

What is your explantation for that?

Quote from: toshes mate on June 02, 2017, 09:05:26 PM
A CEO is not appointed to fail, unless. of course, his/her job is to let a company fail.  I find it extraordinary that in the financial mess Fulham has been since relegation (and, in part, still is) has not resulted in the CEO being shown the door.  We lost something more important than the man when MAF sold the Club and perhaps that has only shown up since his departure.

What financial mess apart from the usual problems any relegated PL club with a high wage bill and an aging squad would face in being relegated?

And are you saying Khan can't read a balance sheet?

AlexW132

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 02, 2017, 11:42:31 PM
I think your budget is way too high. Kalas will definitely not cost £8m - he only has a year left on his contract. I think £4m would be enough.
Thing is I reckon Boro would pay the 8m

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 02, 2017, 11:45:19 PM
Wasn't Ayite that clown who was blasting the ball into row Z from ridiculous angles?  Wouldn't miss him.

I would sack the inept Ali Mack, before he ruins the team Jokanovic has assembled, which if kept together, would win the Championship rewarding the club with multi millions!  Makes economic sense.

Strange that Alistair Mackintosh has survived 10 years under two owners and working with a host of managers and has not been ousted but that you clearly know better than them.

Not wanting to be too contrevertial but ali mac has overseen our fall from grace as a europa cup final team to nearly achieving relegation to div 1. Only Joca has changed our recent fortune. Ali mac was in charge when we got three managers in a season, mitroglu,  and sold the entire squad, not to mention magath.  In any other walk of lif such failure would have been rewarded with a quick work to the exit.
He was lucky that MAF was not able to continue and the new owner has no experience.
I do think the current CEO has lead more than a charmed life, I cannot see what he has done that makes us better but we have had this debate many times before  so we will continue with at least one hand tied behind our back until he is eventually replaced.

Be sure he is the CEO so is responsible. If he isn't responsible, what does he actually do for a living?

Our owners have overseen our fall from grace. They make the big decisions on managers and big purchases.

It is strange that some posters choose to scapegoat him when, without detailed knowledge of the internal structure and responsibilities, it would seem just as reasonable to credit AM with our runs to the Europa League final and the play-offs this season.

If AM was responsible for the three managers, Mitroglu and Magath don't you think that he would have been sacked?

As CEO he will be responsible for the overall day-to-day running of the business and some projects, most recently the redevelopment of Motspur Park.

I sense that surviving 10 years, not being sacked by the new owner and having good relationships with the managers and those working closely with him as seen in a few reports probably says more about him than rumour and assumptions by posters speculating from afar.

it depemds how you view things. it was going wrong anyway and cleary AM was inefectual even under MAF, but a ceo does not just take care of day to day stuff. with such an inexperienced owner je was key to the decisions we took. he would have been key in the rene/magath deacle getting both decisions wrong, khan never made those calls without AM mega input. the same is true of sekling the squad after relegation and getting the wrong replacement manager.

In any other business, I repeat, in any other business the CEO would have been long gone, the man is not being scapegoated he he is holding us back, no doubt, for sure 100%. when confronted by friends of mine that met him, face to face, they came to the same conclusion., i am not sure why you want us to fly in the face of normal business practice.

These are the same accusations, definitions of CEO and 'my friend wasn't impressed' stories made every time.

And still he hasn't been sacked and there is no reason to believe he will be in the near future.

How come two very successful business men with plenty of experience of dealing with CEOs let him stay in post?

I am not running the club, it is the first time I have mentioned my friend's direct discussion with the CEO which in honesty I hadn't known about until quite recently,  and in anser to your last question, I have no explanation for why the CEO remains in place. Perhaps you should ask the owner that question.

I know you are anxious to defend the man but he is the CEO and that has certain responsibilities in any organisation. with what we have been through he really should have been held to account otherwise a better question that your to me might be, what does he actually do? because if he isn't responsible for anything what is his purpose? Running the club day to day and overseeing the humdrum is not what a CEO does, or should be doing.

Quote from: Statto on June 02, 2017, 11:53:17 PM

Why spend £2m paying someone off when you can just have your son come in for gratis and do their job for them ?

It would not cost anything like £2m to pay him off, would it?

And Khan junior is not doing the CEO's job is he?

Why make up all this nonsense?

If AM is really holding us back as you and others say then the £2m is peanuts in comparison to the windfall that getting back into the PL would bring and about the fee or wage bill over their contract for a very average player. Well worth it I would expect you to say.

Quote from: nose on June 03, 2017, 12:05:40 PM

I am not running the club, it is the first time I have mentioned my friend's direct discussion with the CEO which in honesty I hadn't known about until quite recently,  and in anser to your last question, I have no explanation for why the CEO remains in place. Perhaps you should ask the owner that question.

I know you are anxious to defend the man but he is the CEO and that has certain responsibilities in any organisation. with what we have been through he really should have been held to account otherwise a better question that your to me might be, what does he actually do? because if he isn't responsible for anything what is his purpose? Running the club day to day and overseeing the humdrum is not what a CEO does, or should be doing.

I am not defending AM as such, just pointing out that the accusations made against him are  old hat and speculation and that, particularly now after after a successful season, he is not going to be sacked if he wasn't at the time.

Forever Fulham

As long as we are still in the Championship, we need some size and height.  I've watched enough games where we got bullied about. 

We need two bona fide effective strikers, not mids masquerading as forwards.  One of which with some size and height on him.  A Luca Toni type.  Big man.

Spend what we must to keep our mids.

A large rangy CB.  For when we play certain team.  And keep Kalas.

I don't think management is letting Slava go anywhere, so I'm not sweating him.  But out of an abundance of caution, we should acquire players sooner rather than later just to give our skipper more peace of mind as he anticipates the likely outcome  of next season.  That's the best way to keep a manager from getting his head turned.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 03, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
As long as we are still in the Championship, we need some size and height.  I've watched enough games where we got bullied about. 

We need two bona fide effective strikers, not mids masquerading as forwards.  One of which with some size and height on him.  A Luca Toni type.  Big man.

A large rangy CB.  For when we play certain team.
And keep Kalas.

I don't think management is letting Slava go anywhere, so I'm not sweating him.  But out of an abundance of caution, we should acquire players sooner rather than later just to give our skipper more peace of mind as he anticipates the likely outcome  of next season.  That's the best way to keep a manager from getting his head turned.

Wasn't Sigurdsson supposed to be our large rangy CB?

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 03, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

And keep Kalas.

Yes, well...

Asotosyios

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 03, 2017, 02:47:28 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on June 03, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

And keep Kalas.

Yes, well...

I know, but it's a new season.

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 03, 2017, 01:02:50 PM
Quote from: nose on June 03, 2017, 12:05:40 PM

I am not defending AM as such, just pointing out that the accusations made against him are  old hat and speculation and that, particularly now after after a successful season, he is not going to be sacked if he wasn't at the time.

I actually know all that it is just my opinion that is what should have happened, it didn't and because of that I am concerned we will make the same errors again. MAF was a clever bloke and tough cookie and he knew what he was about. The current owner's lack of experience, and failure to grasp what needs to happen to make us really hum, not for bad reasons, just because that is what we have witnessed, remains of concern. As such i would have hoped we would have got a more 'acceptable, happening' CEO.

Look if we get off to a flyer, and make a genuine attempt at top two I really don't care who the CEO is, we shall see how it all pans out in the next few weeks but i am sure you know already I will have an opinon one way of the other! enjoy the summer!

Quote from: Statto on June 03, 2017, 02:45:58 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 03, 2017, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 02, 2017, 11:53:17 PM

Why spend £2m paying someone off when you can just have your son come in for gratis and do their job for them ?

It would not cost anything like £2m to pay him off, would it?

And Khan junior is not doing the CEO's job is he?

Why make up all this nonsense?

If AM is really holding us back as you and others say then the £2m is peanuts in comparison to the windfall that getting back into the PL would bring and about the fee or wage bill over their contract for a very average player. Well worth it I would expect you to say.

As to how much it would cost to get rid of him, he's been with us for nearly a decade, on £500-600k pa, doing highly specialised work that he might struggle to find elsewhere. So I don't know exactly how much he'd get as a redundancy payment or as compensation for unfair dismissal but something in the millions sounds about right.

As to his role, you seem to spend lots of time telling us either (a) he isn't responsible for anything that's been managed poorly in recent years (which is pretty much everything) or (b) we have no idea his role is. Either way I don't see how you can say Tony Khan isn't running the show now. Certainly it seems to me he's in charge.

I did not and am not saying that Tony Khan isn't running the show now.

Tony Khan does seem to be running the show but as the deputy of the owner, not as CEO.

n.b. I am using 'CEO' in the way it applies to AM at Fulham and football clubs in general where the role is quite limited in comparison to that in a public company with shareholders.