watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do Fulham need to do in the summer transfer window

Started by charliejones141, June 01, 2017, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Priorities are ensure that Fredericks, Malone, Ream, Cairney, McDonald, Johansen, Aluko, Kebano and Ayite stay and that we sign Piazon, Kalas and a quality new striker like Abrahams.

Nick Bateman

Wasn't Ayite that clown who was blasting the ball into row Z from ridiculous angles?  Wouldn't miss him.

I would sack the inept Ali Mack, before he ruins the team Jokanovic has assembled, which if kept together, would win the Championship rewarding the club with multi millions!  Makes economic sense.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Burt

Keep Joka.

For the first time in years, we have managerial stability with someone who knows what he is doing and gets the team playing in a way where it is a pleasure to turn up and watch.

Keep him and the chances of keeping the core of the squad are increased...

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 02, 2017, 01:37:04 AM
Wasn't Ayite that clown who was blasting the ball into row Z from ridiculous angles?  Wouldn't miss him.

I would sack the inept Ali Mack, before he ruins the team Jokanovic has assembled, which if kept together, would win the Championship rewarding the club with multi millions!  Makes economic sense.

Strange that Alistair Mackintosh has survived 10 years under two owners and working with a host of managers and has not been ousted but that you clearly know better than them.

N_O_W_S

Interesting read Charlie. Having read it yesterday and reflected on it I agree with much of what is said.

However, I don't think we would receive fees anywhere near the £20mill you are talking about for Cairney and Sess.

Firstly Sess hasn't actually signed a contract and so would move via tribunal at this stage. Liverpool only paid £8mill for Ings to Southampton with a 20% sell on clause. I think we would be lucky to get that for Sess.

Cairney is good and I think we need to slap a £20mill price tag on him, if anything just to deter offers.

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 02, 2017, 10:56:48 AM

Strange that Alistair Mackintosh has survived 10 years under two owners and working with a host of managers and has not been ousted but that you clearly know better than them.

Not wanting to be too contrevertial but ali mac has overseen our fall from grace as a europa cup final team to nearly achieving relegation to div 1. Only Joca has changed our recent fortune. Ali mac was in charge when we got three managers in a season, mitroglu,  and sold the entire squad, not to mention magath.  In any other walk of lif such failure would have been rewarded with a quick work to the exit.
He was lucky that MAF was not able to continue and the new owner has no experience.
I do think the current CEO has lead more than a charmed life, I cannot see what he has done that makes us better but we have had this debate many times before  so we will continue with at least one hand tied behind our back until he is eventually replaced.

Be sure he is the CEO so is responsible. If he isn't responsible, what does he actually do for a living?

nose

I do mainly agree but feel ayite is a good addition to the squad but is nowhere near as good as some people seem to say. I also feel piazon is not really up to it and is no more than a squad player. But that is my opinion, the key is supporting the manager ad I absolutely doubt what the CEO does and why he remains in situ after overseeing such a fall from grace.

Classic94

Back Slav. Sign Kalas, add a reliable GK + ST, improve squad depth and convince Cairney and Sessegnon to stay at least one more season. Do this and we have every chance of winning the league.

AlexW132

Quote from: Classic94 on June 02, 2017, 01:06:57 PM
Back Slav. Sign Kalas, add a reliable GK + ST, improve squad depth and convince Cairney and Sessegnon to stay at least one more season. Do this and we have every chance of winning the league.
This plus a new CB

f321ffc

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 02, 2017, 01:08:34 PM
This plus a new CB
:plus one: my thoughts exactly.
049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nick Bateman

CB you say perhaps owing to the handball by Kallas - it was incredibly harsh posturing from a PL ref who wanted to be in the limelight.

Arsenal got away with a far more blatant handball and won the cup because of Anthony Taylor's season-long ineptitude, which ultimately prolonged whingeing Frenchman Arsene Wenger's career.

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Quote from: nose on June 02, 2017, 12:24:12 PM

Not wanting to be too contrevertial but ali mac has overseen our fall from grace as a europa cup final team to nearly achieving relegation to div 1. Only Joca has changed our recent fortune. Ali mac was in charge when we got three managers in a season, mitroglu,  and sold the entire squad, not to mention magath.  In any other walk of lif such failure would have been rewarded with a quick work to the exit.
He was lucky that MAF was not able to continue and the new owner has no experience.
I do think the current CEO has lead more than a charmed life, I cannot see what he has done that makes us better but we have had this debate many times before  so we will continue with at least one hand tied behind our back until he is eventually replaced.

Be sure he is the CEO so is responsible. If he isn't responsible, what does he actually do for a living?

Our owners have overseen our fall from grace. They make the big decisions on managers and big purchases.

It is strange that some posters choose to scapegoat him when, without detailed knowledge of the internal structure and responsibilities, it would seem just as reasonable to credit AM with our runs to the Europa League final and the play-offs this season.

If AM was responsible for the three managers, Mitroglu and Magath don't you think that he would have been sacked?

As CEO he will be responsible for the overall day-to-day running of the business and some projects, most recently the redevelopment of Motspur Park.

I sense that surviving 10 years, not being sacked by the new owner and having good relationships with the managers and those working closely with him as seen in a few reports probably says more about him than rumour and assumptions by posters speculating from afar.

AlexW132

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 02, 2017, 01:38:52 PM
CB you say perhaps owing to the handball by Kallas - it was incredibly harsh posturing from a PL ref who wanted to be in the limelight.

Arsenal got away with a far more blatant handball and won the cup because of Anthony Taylor's season-long ineptitude, which ultimately prolonged whingeing Frenchman Arsene Wenger's career.

No I say CB because I don't think Ream is good enough, or at least not consistent enough. We only kept one clean sheet since February and that was against Burton albion, our defense needs to be overhauled.

toshes mate

On the subject of Mr Mackintosh it's strange you can say he contributed to the Europa run and should be applauded but you cannot boo him to kingdom come for his failures since the departure of, say, Mark Hughes.   Mixed logic.

On the subject of the team for next season then if no one leaves, save for CM, we need cover/options for central defence and core midfield and to buy at least one decent striker, preferably two, with a.n.other as cover.  There may be some upcoming youngsters ready to step into the squad and gain some experience too.  If current team members leave then we need to have replacements in mind and ready to sign before they go. 

filham

All of our attacking players no how to miss good chances as well as penalties but they all work well together  to form a good attacking unit. We really don't want to lose Ayite.

The Rock

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 02, 2017, 01:08:34 PM
This plus a new CB
or 2.

Quote from: toshes mate on June 02, 2017, 05:23:12 PM
On the subject of Mr Mackintosh it's strange you can say he contributed to the Europa run and should be applauded but you cannot boo him to kingdom come for his failures since the departure of, say, Mark Hughes.   Mixed logic.

On the subject of the team for next season then if no one leaves, save for CM, we need cover/options for central defence and core midfield and to buy at least one decent striker, preferably two, with a.n.other as cover.  There may be some upcoming youngsters ready to step into the squad and gain some experience too.  If current team members leave then we need to have replacements in mind and ready to sign before they go. 

You have misread what I said about 'Mr Mackintosh', letting your assumptions blind you to what was actually written.

In fact I made exactly the point you make, that our up and down form could, equally wrongly, be just as well be used to praise or condemn him.

I am not praising him because I do not have any inside knowledge. I am pointing out that calling for someone's sacking, without any detailed knowledge, is is wrong and rather unpleasant.

Also, yet again, it is interesting to note that those who really do know how he has performed seem more than content with his contribution.

Max Headroom

In order of importance

1. Keep Slav
2. Keep the midfield 3
3. Get a good striker or 2
4. Sign Kalas
5. Keep Sessegnon

We were a Tammy Abraham or a Moussa Dembele  from automatic promotion last season.

I'd love to see Sessegnon stay but Malone isn't a bad replacement and wasn't a weakness (most of the time!)

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 02, 2017, 01:49:05 PM
Quote from: nose on June 02, 2017, 12:24:12 PM

Our owners have overseen our fall from grace. They make the big decisions on managers and big purchases.

It is strange that some posters choose to scapegoat him when, without detailed knowledge of the internal structure and responsibilities, it would seem just as reasonable to credit AM with our runs to the Europa League final and the play-offs this season.

If AM was responsible for the three managers, Mitroglu and Magath don't you think that he would have been sacked?

As CEO he will be responsible for the overall day-to-day running of the business and some projects, most recently the redevelopment of Motspur Park.

I sense that surviving 10 years, not being sacked by the new owner and having good relationships with the managers and those working closely with him as seen in a few reports probably says more about him than rumour and assumptions by posters speculating from afar.

it depemds how you view things. it was going wrong anyway and cleary AM was inefectual even under MAF, but a ceo does not just take care of day to day stuff. with such an inexperienced owner je was key to the decisions we took. he would have been key in the rene/magath deacle getting both decisions wrong, khan never made those calls without AM mega input. the same is true of sekling the squad after relegation and getting the wrong replacement manager.

In any other business, I repeat, in any other business the CEO would have been long gone, the man is not being scapegoated he he is holding us back, no doubt, for sure 100%. when confronted by friends of mine that met him, face to face, they came to the same conclusion., i am not sure why you want us to fly in the face of normal business practice.