watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

De La Torre saves the US

Started by f5shooter, May 22, 2017, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamerica23

De La Torre with a really nice bit of skill on a flick pass in the first half. Looks like he belongs with some Venezuelan lads that are playing top flight European football.

hovewhite

Hopefully we watch him in this form in the first team in the coming season!

YankeeJim

Venezuela was an impressive side against the US. The yanks, to include DeLa Torre were chasing shadows all match. They had a few good moments but it could easily have been 3 nil in regulation. Klinsman showed to be a good shot stopper, even if he didn't own the box. The woodwork came in handy twice and for the first 90 minutes Venezuela's strikers looked like Fulham last fall: lots of shots into row Z.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulhamerica23

Was really impressed with the Pena lad from Venezuela. Game changed when Venezuela took him off. USA got more into it.

HatterDon

If Carter-Palmer's open header had gone in at the whistle of regular time, the USA would have pulled off the least-earned victory in World Cup history.

Venezuela have a great side. They completely neutralized both our wingers and our central striker. Three shots against the woodwork, four or five saves by Klinsmann -- including one with his knee while he was looking in the other direction -- and a disallowed goal all sent the match to overtime. I didn't see the final stats, but with about 10 minutes to go, there had been 18 shots -- 17 of them by Venezuela.

The USA did what Americans do in this sport when they're over-matched: they worked harder and piled on the pressure. With about 5 minutes to go, Venezuela eased up to save it for overtime and they almost lost as a result. It would have been robbery, but I bet they don't let up against their next opponent.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel