watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No one likes him, oh yes we do

Started by F(f)CUK, June 07, 2017, 10:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Love the story about Roy Larner, who took on the London Bridge attackers. As he went at them hitting them with his bare knuckles and being stabbed eight times, he shouted "*@&# you, I'm Millwall! !!!".Good bloke.

Carborundum

HatterDon

Quote from: F(f)CUK on June 07, 2017, 10:01:25 PM
Love the story about Roy Larner, who took on the London Bridge attackers. As he went at them hitting them with his bare knuckles and being stabbed eight times, he shouted "*@&# you, I'm Millwall! !!!".Good bloke.

would he have done it while sober?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HatterDon on June 07, 2017, 10:38:10 PM

Sober or drunk a brave chap,one young lass managed to escape while he confronted the scum.

Holders

Top man and, frankly, it doesn't surprise me of a Millwall fan - the ones I've known personally have been decent people.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

How many of us would have had his  guts?

Well done to him - a very brave man, prepared to  risk his own  life to save others.

f321ffc

Stupid comment, sober or pissed out of his head his actions helped save  others.
Well done Roy Larner. 065.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

mrmicawbers

One of many who didn't run away and saved life in doing so. Heroes the lot of them.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 08, 2017, 08:54:22 AM
One of many who didn't run away and saved life in doing so. Heroes the lot of them.

Agree.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Holders on June 08, 2017, 08:02:20 AM
Top man and, frankly, it doesn't surprise me of a Millwall fan - the ones I've known personally have been decent people.

Totally agree.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: f321ffc on June 08, 2017, 08:43:39 AM

Stupid comment, sober or pissed out of his head his actions helped save  others.
Well done Roy Larner. 065.gif

Yes, it was a very disrespectful comment, good man Roy Larner, I salute you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 08, 2017, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 08, 2017, 08:54:22 AM

Agree.

Absolutely. They say; "The hour finds the man". That particular moment found a hero.

Riversider

Would love our great club even more if they made a public announcement that Roy and a couple of friends can have a day of hospitality when Millwall come to the Cottage,
A small price to pay for such a courageous act,
And would earn us a lot of warm publicity in the football community.
Come on Fulham make it happen  049:gif

Logicalman

He ain't backwards at coming forwards with the story, but like other very brave souls, he has a right to give it large.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-bridge-terror-attack-fk-fcuk-you-im-millwall-hero-roy-larner-football-fan-lion-of-london-a7775246.html

He does deserve some serious recognition for his outstanding bravery and in deflecting the attention of the attackers that allowed others to flee and likely reduced the death toll as well.

Best part of the article is the final paragraph:
As he recovers in hospital, Mr Larner's friends have brought him a running magazine.  The front cover headline reads: "Learn to run."

(fortunately he did not)  065.gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Chesh

What a stupid, uncalled for question - the fact is he did it....full stop!

Made in Hammersmith (1968)