watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotty Parker Appreciation thread

Started by SouthfieldWhite, June 28, 2017, 06:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

I hate to post twice in a thread as it means I missed a spot. Call it coincidence that our club captain was unfortunately involved in a downward spiral yet hung about until we started looking up again. Could well be a coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his mission to get us right.

Barrett487

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-still-deal-table-scott-13253502

Fulham still have a deal on the table for Scott Parker to continue as a coach at the club, should he wish to do so.

The club and the 36-year-old were in talks after he came to the end of his contract at the club, with the two parties in talks over a new playing deal with some aspects of coaching involved.

However, after the announcement from Parker, where he has announced he is looking forward to new challenges , Fulham are hoping he will sign a coaching deal with the club.

It is well known that Parker has had an interest in continuing in football in some capacity once he retired, and he has previously coached in the academy at Fulham and sat amongst the backroom staff during Peter Grant's caretaker reign of the club, all while completing his UEFA A and B licenses while still playing.

He's embarked on a FA UEFA Pro Licence course, which is mandatory to manage in the Premier League, and was in the same class as Mark Warburton, Jummy Floyd Hasselbaink, Brad Friedel and Phil Neville, graduating in June 2016.

In a statement, Parker said: "I'm now looking forward to the next chapter of my life and career and hope to make an announcement soon with regards to what that will be."

lasse vigen

My first game at the Cottage was v Swansea in the 13/14 prem season. We were front row in the Hammersmith end and we saw Parker float in a cross... into the top left hand corner if I remember correctly!

Have been a fan ever since and am now a season ticket holder. Have always admired his dedication, determination and commitment.

Legend.

Cheers Scotty.

cmg

A fine player ends a distinguished career.
Scott Parker has proved to be a man of real character and a great asset to our Club in all sorts of ways.
I am particularly impressed by the respect he is held in by the younger players (I suppose that's all of them!)

Typical of the man was the time he paid out of his own pocket the exorbitant fine levied by Magath on two of the lower paid players. Not because he thought that the players in question did not deserve punishment, but because he thought the sum involved (which was, I believe, considerable) was unfair and Magath, to no one's great surprise, refused to reduce it after Parker, as Club Captain, interceded.

Good luck to him in the future.
It would be nice if he might continue with us in a coaching role, but I am sure he doesn't lack offers.

One note of caution would be that he fits exactly the profile of the inspirational midfielder  who would seem to be an ideal managerial candidate. So many of this type of player has, in the past, proved to be very disappointing as a manager.

Milo

Lasting memory will be the countless images of a goal going in and Scott, mud all down him, exhausted and on his knees looking exacerbated.

One man army 🙂

grandad

Daily Express saying that Spuds are in talks with him for a coaching position. I wonder where his heart is?
Where there's a will there's a wife

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: grandad on June 29, 2017, 08:40:02 AM
Daily Express saying that Spuds are in talks with him for a coaching position. I wonder where his heart is?

No offence but this is suppose to be an appreciation thread so it can be printed  off and given to Scott.

Can we keep speculation to where his next move is on a different thread?

Cheers

dannyboi-ffc

Good idea.

I don't see why any Fulham supporter would have anything but admiration for Scott. He's been a fantastic player throughout his career. For us in what has been a very difficult transition for the club, Scott has been the glue that has lead the team on and off the pitch and that ambassador us fans look to when all players around him are useless or unfamiliar to us.

I would imagine his role last season on the training ground and in the changing room played a big part in our success. The players clearly love him, the manager respects him as do us fans.

Why? Because there isn't enough Scott Parkers in the game and we were lucky to have him. (Even if he did go round in circles a little too often lol)

Good luck Scott, I really hope you stay in some capacity and that we get the chance to thankyou at half time against Norwich.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Kent Cassandra

The other 'F' forum I am a member of is my family forum. We are mostly Fulham but have Arsenal, Chelsea, West ham and Nottingham Forest among our midst. To a person no one has a bad word to say about Mr Scott Parker. Even the two glory hunters Tom (Man U) and Colin (Liverpool) would agree that they have the utmost respect and admiration for him both as a professional footballer and a thoroughly decent human being. If I was lucky enough to have had a son Scott Parker would certainly have been the role model I would have been chosen for him to follow.  Of the many things I admire about him I would put top of the list his ability to be so passionate but able to control his emotions when things don't quite go to plan.   I wish him nothing but good fortune and hope to see him at some capacity helping Fulham in the future.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.