watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotty Parker Appreciation thread

Started by SouthfieldWhite, June 28, 2017, 06:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Just spoke to my mate who coaches with Scott at Scotts sons team, he's seeing Scott on Sunday so I thought it be nice to do aScott Parker Appreciation thread and  get him to give it to Scott on Sunday

Jonaldiniho 88

Nice idea. I heard today that he is hanging up his boots. Massive thanks to scotty and well done on such an incredible career. Any team in london he didn't play for? Haha. Such a great professional and if our midfield hadn't been so well balanced this season I'm sure we would have seen more of him. I thought he would be pirouetting into his 40's. I think it speaks volumes the reception he got whenever warming up. Hopefully we can keep him at the club in some capacity and I wish super Scott the best whatever he does. A great, great player in his pomp.

Ronnief

In August 2014 I spoke to Scott Parker at the Jenbach Stadium when we played Caykur Rizespor in Austria.  Magath was "in charge",  Scott who looked immaculate in his suit prior to the match had no idea that he would be playing was great in speaking to us.  The problems that developed had obviously started but Scott conducted himself superbly and supported the younger members of the club as a senior player should.  I hope the lack of comment from the club about his retirement is only because of the exciting news about Ryan and that he did not want the club to lessen the impact by having two major news comment in one day.

Barrett487

Good luck to Scotty, hopefully he'll go into coaching  with Fulham as he understands and likes our club. That is, of course, if he doesn't go into coaching pirouettes with the Royal Ballet 😃

RaySmith

Thank you for all your hard work and great play with Fulham, Scott - you have inspired  by your example, especially when we began  our Championship campaign with a team of inexperienced youngsters, and have often  turned games around single -handedly.

You are a legend with Fulham as you have been for all your other clubs.

hovewhite

Thanks scotty for everything you have done firstly at fulham and football in general you are a great ambassodor for the game.
Hope to see you remain on the coaching side of the club.

filham

So pleased to have seen Scotty play at Fulham , he was always good to watch and did so well for our club but I am also aware that he must have a similar reputation at those other London clubs that he played for. In particular his partnership with Moderic at Spurs was world class.

Just hope his knowledge and attitude can now be put to good use at Fulham in a coaching capacity and that we may hear a lot more about him in the future.

AlexW132

He was one of the perennial Premier League footballers when I was growing up and was always a well respected and top quality footballer. Proud to have had him at my club at the end of his career, I'll always remember his equaliser against Cardiff right after half time then celebrating with the ball boy by the riverside  049:gif

bog

A top quality player with a top quality attitude. Was so good to see him in a Fulham shirt. I hope he is going to be offered a coaching post at the club. Long term he looks to be manager material. Thanks Scott. Good luck to you and your family.

092.gif   

toshes mate

A true ambassador and role model for football at all levels, wherever he has played and whoever he has played with.  You may be hanging up your boots, Scott, but please, please, please stay in the game.  Football needs people like you to coach, manage and inspire.

alfie

Without him we would be in a dark place now, been a wonderful player and ambassador for our club. I really hope you will be staying at Fulham.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Carborundum

What a playing career he has had.  Well done and thank you for everything put in to our team. 

Southcoastffc

Thanks for all you've done and your consistently professional attitude. You've inspired many younger players.  Just imagine what a player you'd have been if you used your left leg too! ;-)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc

Love'd seeing Scotty play for Fulham.  He was a massive leader on the pitch and gave the young lads someone to look up to.  Players like Scotty will live in my mind with legends like Carles Puyol and McBride.  No complaints from legends like these when they played.   Just tough, tenacious and always ready to just get on with the game. 

Thanks for everything you have done for the club Mr.  Scotty Parker  :Haynes The Maestro:  :wine:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on June 28, 2017, 08:49:53 PM
Love'd seeing Scotty play for Fulham.  He was a massive leader on the pitch and gave the young lads someone to look up to.  Players like Scotty will live in my mind with legends like Carles Puyol and McBride.  No complaints from legends like these when they played.   Just tough, tenacious and always ready to just get on with the game. 

Thanks for everything you have done for the club Mr.  Scotty Parker  :Haynes The Maestro:  :wine:

I duplicate all you say about the legend that is Scott Parker. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: toshes mate on June 28, 2017, 08:23:07 PM
A true ambassador and role model for football at all levels, wherever he has played and whoever he has played with.  You may be hanging up your boots, Scott, but please, please, please stay in the game.  Football needs people like you to coach, manage and inspire.
What I want to say also, plus thanks for all you have done for Our club and I really hope that you continue in some compacity.
Thanks Scott

f321ffc

Just a few tweets below from players, shows how respected Scotty is in the game.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do , hopefully coaching at Fulham, thanks Scotty. 049:gif

Tom Cairney @ThomasCairney

I wanna wish the best player I've ever played with a happy retirement! 20 year career and done things I can only dream of all the best skip!

Matt Smith @mattjpsmith

One of a kind. They don't make them like this anymore...
Enjoy your retirement mate.

Moussa Dembélé @MDembele_10

It was an honour to have U as a partner, captain & guide at @FulhamFC .An example to follow & a true gentleman.An absolute pleasure 🌟 #ledge
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BedsFFC

Theres a lot I could say about the guy but I'll say this.

We are a club that has always tried to do things the right way. In some ways, this has maybe held us back at times.

Sadly, the last 5 years have not been our greatest time. However, in all that time, Scott Parker was the one bit of class that stood out when everything around him didn't.

I'm pleased that he retires when we are back on track and he will always be thought of in a very good light in my eyes.

You're know you will be alright if you have a Scott Parker in the club

AlexW132

Worth mentioning the Charlton fans still regard him as Judas

snarks

Scott was fantastic as a player throughout his career, and thank goodness he was at Fulham to lead in the dark times under Felix. One of the best for application and leadership. The fact he won the football writers player of the year award in a season when his club (then West Ham) finished 20th says everything about his drive and heart. I really hope he stays at Fulham as a coach. One of the men I'd really like to meet for a pint or if he's teetotal a mint tea.