watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The Chillenden Murders

Started by Riversider, June 10, 2017, 11:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Did anybody else see this two parter on BBC2 about the murders of Lin and Megan Russell and the subsequent conviction of Michael Stone,
Very very disturbing conviction,not a shred of forensic evidence on stone, the only real "evidence" offered up in court was a supposed "confession" offered up to another prisoner , who subsequently was released early and then went on to commit a murder,
Two of the people that helped make the programme are so disturbed by the findings that they have agreed to help Stone in his retrial,
Sometimes in these high profile horrific murders that cause public outrage, as this case did, the Home Secretary is under immense pressure to find the "culprit" and bring them to justice, this pressure is passed on to the Head of the Police force who then passes the pressure on down the ranks, until an arrest is made and the whole nation rejoices at the good work ,
The same happened with Rachel Nickel (sp) and of course with Jill Dando along with many other cases including The Guildford Bombings,
I just wonder if anybody else watched it and what your feelings are now towards Michael Stone ?

I should also add that a vital piece of evidence (a shoe lace) that could help prove the innocence of Stone has been mysteriously lost by Kent Police.

filham

I must try to watch the programme but it sounds like yet another case that shows we must never bring back hanging.

bobbo

Yes I saw the prog , and thought like you riverside very iffy nothing concrete.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jonaldiniho 88

I watched it and it was very interesting. How someone can be convicted on such evidence or lack there of is shocking.

Fulham 442

Yes I too saw the programme.  At the time of the murders I wasn't convinced of Stone's guilt and after watching this I am even less so.  As the OP said the police were under immense pressure to find the perpetrator.   I hope the case is formally reexamined and that Stone is given a retrial.  He has been locked up for 20 years for a crime I am sure he didn't commit and in which he has repeatedly denied any involvement and there is no forensic evidence to link him to it.