more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Plausible rumour on TIFF, that FFC have bought BBC sports ground opposite MP

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 11, 2017, 03:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 11, 2017, 03:45:49 PM
Pictures here: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/bbc-sports-ground-and-gas-holders-motspur-park-surrey-october-2015.t100108

If anyone has any more information regarding this, please post here.

From TIFF

BBC Club Motspur park -- Clint Dempseys postman, Saturday, June 10, 03:43:59pm (NoHost/213.205.194.94)
Just been informed that Fulham have purchased the old BBC club opposite the training ground.
[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

That's interesting, I wonder for what purpose ? How big is the BBC club compared to Motspur Park ? Is this from a reliable source ? -- POPW, Saturday, June 10, 03:55:34pm (b0f949e1.bb.sky.com/176.249.73.225)
It's a triangular plot not much smaller than the old London University ground which is now the Fulham facility. It has been abandoned for ten years or more and the Pavilion caught fire last year. It is a protected open area but would still not come cheap. Would be an obvious site if Fulham were thinking of extending their operations as it is directly opposite. (NT) -- MP, Saturday, June 10, 04:10:23pm (cpc115216-nmal23-2-0-cust408.19-2.cable.virginm.net/82.42.229.153)
Khans just buying land so his other team can use them when they play their annual gridiron match.... Hopefully FFC get joint usage. (NT) -- sly, Saturday, June 10, 04:06:12pm (5ac6fc5e.bb.sky.com/90.198.252.94)
HaHa. Wrong shape for gridiron but might be OK for baseball. Motspur Marlins anyone? (NT) -- MP, Saturday, June 10, 04:19:59pm (cpc115216-nmal23-2-0-cust408.19-2.cable.virginm.net/82.42.229.153)
We trained there before , thought the clubhouse was destroyed by fire a few years back? (NT) -- TSW, Saturday, June 10, 04:06:28pm (NoHost/213.205.198.60)
at a guess I would say it's about 2 thirds the size of the traing ground. A mate of mine who's garden backs on to iit told me. He said one of his local counscillor knocked on hike door and informed him. (NT) -- Clint Dempseys postman, Saturday, June 10, 04:13:41pm (NoHost/213.205.194.94)
Your mate isn't Harry Creek, is it? He used to back on and live a few doors from the old BBC entrance. He also ran the midweek BBC football team that played there. (NT) -- Spigs, Saturday, June 10, 07:50:50pm (5e0dd2ae.bb.sky.com/94.13.210.174)
Typo -Harry Crick (NT) -- Spigs, Saturday, June 10, 11:06:00pm (5e0dd2ae.bb.sky.com/94.13.210.174)
I hope this is true but I sincerely doubt it. I asked about this when Motspur Park was being redeveloped over the last year and was told privately that it was not an option. It would present a number of positive possibilities if true. However, I fully understand that deals of this nature rarely get into the public domain for obvious reasons. (NT) -- Spigs, Saturday, June 10, 06:09:30pm (5e0dd2ae.bb.sky.com/94.13.210.174)
It is absolutely true. Berry the conservative sent a letter round a few weeks ago about planning a cpo if the Irish family who owned it didn't sell up or do something with the land. He also said that he was working with Fulham to buy it. Letters were delivered today with the good news. Fulham will be using it for the academy. It is not much smaller than the training ground. (NT) -- AC, Saturday, June 10, 11:53:49pm (host86-167-194-54.range86-167.btcentralplus.com/86.167.194.54)
Not all true as you'll find the real motivation for the purchase is to use the land for the JAX to train in; yes of course FFC will also benefit and it'll all benefit us and make FFC top again after being left behind by Man C and Chelsea in recent years. The question is WHO pays? Will the land purchase and development cost be born by FFC, JAx or Khan? .I.e are we selling Sess to fund this? Or is the JAX paying for what is effect their facility. (NT) -- thickiee, Sunday, June 11, 07:55:56am (5e02c5cb.bb.sky.com/94.2.197.203)
In addition, the land is what is known as Metropolitan Open land which means it can only be used for specific purposes. Fulham's intentions will satisfy the requirements of Metropolitan Open Land permitted usage. (NT) -- AC, Sunday, June 11, 09:16:35am (host86-167-194-54.range86-167.btcentralplus.com/86.167.194.54)
I should add that I fully expect local community usage to be more prevalent on the newly acquired land. (NT) -- AC, Sunday, June 11, 09:19:02am (host86-167-194-54.range86-167.btcentralplus.com/86.167.194.54)
Maybe a new dog track ? (NT) -- The Assessor, Saturday, June 10, 08:18:42pm (cpc9-bigg3-2-0-cust82.9-2.cable.virginm.net/82.16.213.83)
Re: BBC Club Motspur park -- Stoneleigh Loyalist, Sunday, June 11, 10:30:14am (host-89-240-113-12.as13285.net/89.240.113.12)
It is a flood plane so with the level of investment, not surprised the pitches were heavy. All of that will change with the program that Fulham will implement. (NT) -- AC, Sunday, June 11, 10:39:46am (host86-167-194-54.range86-167.btcentralplus.com/86.167.194.54)

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

WhiteJC

20 odd years ago my garden backed onto that, unfortunately I don't know anyone who still lives around there

cmg

Pretty much as stated in the quote above (apart from the usual TiFF loony stuff).
Almost as big as the present Fulham facility, although, as said triangular in shape. Abandoned for over 10 years now. No chance of commercial redevelopment. ideal if we are seeking to expand.

Pavillion now demolished. Used to have a giant plunge bath almost big enough for swimming. Plus an excellent bar, kindly subsidised by the licence payers.
Pitches were not as good as the London University ground (which it was before Fulham bought it) but I am sure Fulham woud soon sort that out.

Riversider

Why ?
Don't really understand it, space isn't an issue at Motspur Park so I'm not really sure what purpose it will serve,
Fantastic news for the neighbours of the BBC ground though as its been an unsightly mess for a long time,
As an investment you can't really go wrong can you, whatever it costs today it will no doubt be worth at least double in ten years.

Rhys Lightning 63

Mr Khan gonna use it as a training base when The Jaguars move over, keep all his operations in one place
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Andy S

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 11, 2017, 07:26:15 PM
Mr Khan gonna use it as a training base when The Jaguars move over, keep all his operations in one place

Nope I'm afraid you're incorrect

Riversider

Rubbish, they are only here for one week a year, what happens to it for the other 51 weeks ?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Riversider on June 11, 2017, 07:23:42 PM
Why ?
Don't really understand it, space isn't an issue at Motspur Park so I'm not really sure what purpose it will serve,
Fantastic news for the neighbours of the BBC ground though as its been an unsightly mess for a long time,
As an investment you can't really go wrong can you, whatever it costs today it will no doubt be worth at least double in ten years.
Only if you can build houses or business on there. I'm seeing rumours that the guy who owned the plot has had to sell for the same price as he bought it a decade ago. If true, then NOT a great investment. Maybe the local council will only allow another sports ground on the plot?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

cookieg

I'm sure I heard this a couple  of years ago that he would buy it, use the new ground for the first team and MP for the academies U21s etc.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 11, 2017, 10:24:03 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 11, 2017, 07:23:42 PM
Why ?
Only if you can build houses or business on there. I'm seeing rumours that the guy who owned the plot has had to sell for the same price as he bought it a decade ago. If true, then NOT a great investment. Maybe the local council will only allow another sports ground on the plot?

I remember a few years back there was talk of turning it into a cemetery, but residents opposed it.
We use to play there as our home ground for the Fulham supporters team,  use to be a great venue with great pitches and a great bar.

When it got burnt down there were strong rumours that it was alledgly burnt down on purpose for an insurance claim.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Statto on June 11, 2017, 11:07:15 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 11, 2017, 09:34:22 PM

Rubbish, they are only here for one week a year, what happens to it for the other 51 weeks ?

Agree, unless someone can give a reliable source for the Jags rumour it sounds like rubbish to me

I actually said it as a joke, but if you guys want to treat it seriously then by all means go ahead
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

grandad

Quote from: cookieg on June 11, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
I'm sure I heard this a couple  of years ago that he would buy it, use the new ground for the first team and MP for the academies U21s etc.

I think it will be uses by the Academy sides & Youth squads. The Seniors will stay at MP.
Where there's a will there's a wife

keithh

It couldn't be turned into a cemetery as there's an aquifer below the ground so the idea was dead in the water.

Woolly Mammoth

I remember when there were football matches played there at the bbc sports ground, nearly all the players were left wingers.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

I am sure the official site will give us all a complete and thorough report any day

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 12, 2017, 11:05:37 PM
I remember when there were football matches played there at the bbc sports ground, nearly all the players were left wingers.

LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

toshes mate

Quote from: St Eve on June 13, 2017, 12:09:16 AM
I am sure the official site will give us all a complete and thorough report any day
Not quite complete and thorough but a formal announcement at midday today suggesting better things for Fulham FC in general.

BedsFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on June 13, 2017, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: St Eve on June 13, 2017, 12:09:16 AM
Not quite complete and thorough but a formal announcement at midday today suggesting better things for Fulham FC in general.

All sounds promising