nose

i always liked him.
he is available
why do we not sign him, i like betts but stockers is better

Riversider

nose

Quote from: Riversider on June 14, 2017, 04:18:08 PM
No thanks

is he not better than the goalkeeprs we have, just asking for an opinion?

grandad

Both of ours would fetch a fee. Stockdale went on a free.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

Quote from: grandad on June 14, 2017, 04:34:24 PM

my query is regarding his relative quality compared to the current incumbents. I like both our goalkeepers and particularly betts, but stockdale IMO is better and I would have thought would have been an asset and cannot see why we wouldn't want him back save for the issue that it may not be such a good move to return.

grandad

He may be better than Button but not Betts who is younger & will only get better. Why did Stockdale not want to play in the Premiership? Perhaps the Championship is his level. We will have to see if he is the No. 1 at Brum.
Where there's a will there's a wife

f321ffc

Quote from: nose on June 14, 2017, 04:38:18 PM

my query is regarding his relative quality compared to the current incumbents. I like both our goalkeepers and particularly betts, but stockdale IMO is better and I would have thought would have been an asset and cannot see why we wouldn't want him back save for the issue that it may not be such a good move to return.
OK Nose I'll bite, have you been asleep for the last 24 hours.
I'm waiting for a great big WHOOSH now. 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

jeremyfulham

Suprising move i think going to Birmingham

One Martin Thomas

If we got him we'd have three average keepers. There must be netter

HatterDon

Stockdale is a Premier League quality keeper. He's better than anyone we have on our books, but I doubt he'd be interested in a lower league.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Southcoastffc

Quote from: HatterDon on June 14, 2017, 11:06:03 PM
Stockdale is a Premier League quality keeper. He's better than anyone we have on our books, but I doubt he'd be interested in a lower league.
You do know he's agreed to sign for Birmingham?   And re grandad's post that our keepers would command a fee, he is out of contract as at the end of June.  Allegedly, Brighton offered him a decent contract renewal but 'Arry's mob offered a more lucrative package.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

My opinion on Betts, for what it is worth, is that he was improving on a  game-by-game basis in comparison to Butts, whereas the latter suffered a really poor dip in form.  I am not sure a direct comparison of either keeper with Stockdale would favour the new Birmingham man as I think they are very much of an even standard.  Stockdale may look superficially better from being in a settled Brighton squad, but put them behind the same defence and I think you'd find all three are of very similar quality.  If Fulham really want to find a better keeper then they'd have to look a lot harder. 

Woolly Mammoth

There are at the moment better keepers that could be and would be available at the right price. But I would be content in giving Betts a decent chance and a decent run, as at his age he can only get better.
However, if the club ends up purchasing another keeper, I hope he will be a lot lot better than what we already have.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Exactly . The problem so far with Betts is that we've brought in average goalkeepers to fight for his place, so a) competition is poor and b). He's not getting to develop in terms of a proper number 1  to learn off.

He needs to be our number one and given the confidence or bring in a proper keeper he can learn off like a keeper who's had prem or European experience

gerrys

I seem to remember that we sold him for a million......he has now left B&H Albion on a free, contract expired.

It says "undisclosed fee" (well well!!) on the offal
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/28/stockdale-departs

aaronmcguigan

In terms of premier league quality .... last year Stekelenberg, Robles, Randolph, Gomes, Grant, Boruc, all played a lot in the premier league last season. Next year Karl Darlow, presumably Danny Ward or an other (Huddersfield) Matt Ryan (Brighton) will join the list.

A lot of average there so for anyone to say what is and isn't premier league standard And whether Betts/ Stocko qualify as standard or potential is tough!

bog

There was no doubt an upturn in our results when Bettinelli came in. We did not hedge our Betts....

092.gif

Deeping_white

There's a video of Stockdale's howlers from this season which you can see here: Invalid Tweet ID.

I honestly don't think he was that good this year, he made so many mistakes and ultimately cost Brighton the league title with them - if Button had made half the mistakes in that video, some of the people on here would be ready to lynch him. I'd rather have Button/Bettinelli in goal if I had the choice, but ideally a keeper better than the lot of them.

nose

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 15, 2017, 03:07:32 PM
There's a video of Stockdale's howlers from this season which you can see here: Invalid Tweet ID.

I honestly don't think he was that good this year, he made so many mistakes and ultimately cost Brighton the league title with them - if Button had made half the mistakes in that video, some of the people on here would be ready to lynch him. I'd rather have Button/Bettinelli in goal if I had the choice, but ideally a keeper better than the lot of them.

Loads of those were not howlers the two V norwich being the best example of bad luck, and in that game it was extremely bad luck what happened. many of the goals were either great efforts or normal stuff! A few were his errors and all goalkeepers make errors. You should collect a montage of the good stuff too. Personally i did not like the attacks on button, he was pretty good but had a dip in form, butts took his chance well, but he had his poor moments too, they all do.

NJFulham

Quote from: gerrys on June 15, 2017, 01:45:55 PM
I seem to remember that we sold him for a million......he has now left B&H Albion on a free, contract expired.

It says "undisclosed fee" (well well!!) on the offal
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/28/stockdale-departs

Pretty sure Stockdale was sold for 500k.