watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Simple Fact Is This.

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 14, 2017, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

We got Aluko on a free,how you know there isn't someone better available on a free?

Mince n Tatties

Yes Why Don't You Like British Players Jols...lol

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2017, 08:41:41 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 14, 2017, 08:27:26 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 14, 2017, 08:23:39 PM
How much would you have to pay to get improvements on Ayite and Aluko. A lot. Not something we can do with fair play regulations. Our big transfers this window need to be a top striker and getting Kalas signed.

So your saying because of fair play we can't spend to improve on Aluko but we can on a top striker..lol

Well we definitely can't afford to spend big on both positions and I know what one  I'd prioritise

Exactly.
STH H3

toshes mate

I agree with Statto's assessment since we have a first class coach and will start the new season with a core team that actually plays as if they know each other.  However it is up to the Club to ensure they cover the deficiencies we already know about in a side that were by far and away the best side from the half way mark of the season.  I don't think we have seen the best this outfit can do.  I hope there are some changes to personnel because the squad needs strengthening, a point made by SJ repeatedly last year. and one which the transfer team failed to deliver upon, most certainly in January, and, crucially as it turned out, with the Martin saga in the summer.  I have fingers crossed that we do not see a repeat.

Mince n Tatties

Still waiting for an answer to my question Jolslover.

Carborundum

With a Madl / Ream centre back pairing and just Cauley Woodrow up front, talk of upgrading the wingers seems like mending the roof when all the doors have disappeared.

Stattos right that we just need to keep producing the form towards the end of last season to get promoted.  We've all seen enough over the years to know just how difficult that actually is. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Carborundum on June 15, 2017, 07:22:01 AM
With a Madl / Ream centre back pairing and just Cauley Woodrow up front, talk of upgrading the wingers seems like mending the roof when all the doors have disappeared.

Stattos right that we just need to keep producing the form towards the end of last season to get promoted.  We've all seen enough over the years to know just how difficult that actually is. 

Do you people read what people state,Of course we need centre back and striker,but we also need to up the ante in other departments...
Were going to be well short if we dont.

Carborundum

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 15, 2017, 07:27:29 AM

Do you people read what people state,Of course we need centre back and striker,but we also need to up the ante in other departments...
Yes, I do read what people state.  Then I choose whether to share a perspective.  Often the perspective will be confirmatory.  There's only so much revelation to be revealed and I'm fresh out of it on this topic.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Carborundum on June 15, 2017, 07:50:43 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 15, 2017, 07:27:29 AM

Yes, I do read what people state.  Then I choose whether to share a perspective.  Often the perspective will be confirmatory.  There's only so much revelation to be revealed and I'm fresh out of it on this topic.

Wonderfully put my friend.
At which school do you teach?

toshes mate

It's so interesting that when people mention FFP it is almost always from its perspective of constraining and never about its intention to prevent total financial failure for any club via poor financial management.  Likewise when players are discussed it is not their actual combined record of worth in a team's season, but of how people see their potential as individual players, when their own biases via their good and their bad eyes are allowed to dominate instead of their memory of very recent team history.  Even our perspective of a manager/head coach often precludes the working conditions of such a person, the players he did manage to get via the transfer team rather than the players he really wanted via said transfer team, so that in game substitutions become more fallible because of 'what else is the guy supposed to do?', rather than 'what the hell is this guy doing?'.   If we are to talk of perspective then we need to understand how multi-faceted perspectives are, and how meaningless they become in the face of how much you can do to change things. 

People who debate the longest generally tend to have the shortest memories and the least regard for the facts that stare at them daily.  Fulham did really well to challenge for promotion last season given all the mistakes that were made and risks that were taken with personnel changes.  This season we should hope for less mistakes and less risk taking because the Club needs to prove to its supporters that it is learning on the job and whatever mistakes are made or risks taken this time they are completely new ones and not just the repetitions we have been asked to accept in the past.   

Perhaps then our perspective about Fulham being truly ambitious and demanding of success on the pitch will grow as it should do.

Mince n Tatties

Nothing wrong with my memory... What's your name again.. :023:
Then there are posters who discard obvious facts because it doesn't concur with their way of thinking.
Heads in the sand spring to mind.
We weren't good enough to go up last season regardless of our wonderful play,so if we don't invest in this window we will fall short again.
That is a fact...Simples

toshes mate

Mince, your memory is, I believe, truly sublime....

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: toshes mate on June 15, 2017, 09:01:16 AM
Mince, your memory is, I believe, truly sublime....

Wife doesn't think so,forgot to get her fav wine when out yesterday... lol

Lighthouse

We need a better spine. If we only buy three players that are good enough to walk into the first team we need a forward, a centre half and keeper. I will happily stick with the keepers if that allows money for the forward and defender. The rest of the team is fine and we need to keep hold of them.

We know it wont happen like that but I think our manager agreed in January that a forward and defender is what the squad were missing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

Ayite could do with a full season uninterrupted by injuries and international games. He dropped off but he'll be invaluable next season and guarantees us, probably, 8-10 goals.

filham

Our team at the end of last season were brilliant but don't forget it had taken Jocanovic a good while to get them up to that standard. To try now to improve that team with a lot of different players could prove fatal, we need to keep the team together with just a few additions in critical places.

Our priorities over the remaining weeks of the summer should be:-

1. Ensure all last season's first team squad, particularly Cairney, stay with us.

2. We sign a good new striker to replace Martin and retain Woodrow as his understudy.

3. We sign a good midfield player as cover for Cairney, McDonald and Johansen.

4. Sign Kalas or a replacement centre

If the above is achieved we should hit the ground running and could be at the top of the table early in the season. Transfer money should be left in the kitty for replacements that may be needed at Christms.

Max Headroom

the best investment this summer would be to send Aluko on a one month intensive shooting course. A great player who should have scored at least double the goals he did last season....

@jolslover

Quote from: Max Headroom on June 16, 2017, 10:36:34 AM
the best investment this summer would be to send Aluko on a one month intensive shooting course. A great player who should have scored at least double the goals he did last season....

True, But if he could score he would never have signed for us in the first place as would be a prem player.
STH H3

AlexW132

If only it were that easy...

toshes mate

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 16, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
If only it were that easy...
It may make it easier for Sone Aluko if we have a reasonable striker posing such a true threat in the box that defenders are all over the place.....