watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whats the point?

Started by sunburywhite, June 15, 2017, 03:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

An Argentine football player has caused outrage after admitting that he used a needle to hurt his rivals during a cup match on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-40283286
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobbo

I'm gonna get some stick over my comment here but I've always thought  that what he did would be a good idea although very wrong i know I bet it stopped players grabbing hold at corners and free kicks etc.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cmg

I don't for one second advocate stabbing the opposition but I do admit a certain sort of horrified regard for the madness that is Argentinian football.
It's not been a popular line to take from time to time in this country (what's new there?) but I've been fascinated since the crazy Celtic/Racing clashes.
I see Argentina's approach as almost-Brazil skill levels with some psycho-axe murderer stuff thrown in.
Rattin is a well-known hate figure, but Joe Mercer was right when he identified him as one of the great players of 1966.
The 1978 side combined sublime talents like Kempes and Ardilles with the truly frightening Tarantini, the highlight of whose career with Birmingham was to react to some jeering by wading into the crowd and lamping his critic. The superb Rene Houseman could only be used as a sub because of his drink problem. Meanwhile manager Cesar Menotti probably needed the cigs he chain-smoked throughout the match.
Maradonna the ultimate mixture of genius and crazy.
No surprise then that, when I think about it, 3 of the finest 10 footballers I ever saw were Argentinian (Maradonna, Messi and Di Stefano (born in Buenos Aires) and Omar Sivori wouldn't be far behind.

copthornemike

Smug so and so - would be delighted to hear that his 'confession' results in a football suspension and a criminal charge of some sort.

Also his club owners should fine him and his manager a considerable part of their wages and donate to some charitable concern.

p.s. Like the OP's headline title however - looks like a promising career with one of the 'red top' papers could be awaiting!