watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

goal of the season

Started by nose, June 15, 2017, 04:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I love woodrow and feel he has been badly treated by the club BUT I do not think his goal v orient was the best of the season! I never think a free kick is best of the  season... I like a crafted move with good off the ball movement and finish, for instance i prefer barrett running at pace down the left wing and putting in a cross for halom to touch in.  that is goal of the season for me!

Ordar

Very surprised that won. Wouldnt have been in my top 5....

dannyboi-ffc

I was there and at the time it looked an unbelievable strike but It wouldn't have made my top 5.

I disagree though that a free-kick can't be considered a contender for goal of the season. I bet Beckham vs Greece was voted England's best goal of that year. But a free-kick probably has to mean something to be considered despite its quality and Woodrows didn't other than beating Leyton Orient
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

toshes mate

I think all the goals selected for the vote were good in their own right.  My personal favourite was the twenty plus pass move leading to the goal against Bristol City, but I also understand the reason why TC's goal against Leeds was so popular too.  I must admit to liking Woodrow's hit for no reason other than it is pleasingly spectacular strike.   It won GOTS and that's all there is to it.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: toshes mate on June 15, 2017, 07:15:33 PM
I think all the goals selected for the vote were good in their own right.  My personal favourite was the twenty plus pass move leading to the goal against Bristol City, but I also understand the reason why TC's goal against Leeds was so popular too.  I must admit to liking Woodrow's hit for no reason other than it is pleasingly spectacular strike.   It won GOTS and that's all there is to it.

When TC came in 2nd and 3rd I assumed the Bristol City team goal was going to win it too

And how Fulhamish for our goal of the season to be in the first round in the league cup against a soon to be relegated mess of a club by a player who was never fancied by the manager. Yet we were the entertainers and top scorers in the league.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

millsy

I thought Sone's goal, where he cut in from the right, would get the vote.

I was also at Orient and I'm sure we were behind the goal that Cauley's shot flew into. The Offal says other end. Am I going mad?

Sgt Fulham

So many good goals, full of quality. We deserved to go up, no matter what happened in the PlayOffs.

dhowells21

Quote from: millsy on June 15, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

I was also at Orient and I'm sure we were behind the goal that Cauley's shot flew into. The Offal says other end. Am I going mad?

Unfortunately yes, you are.

We were sitting at the other end. We were in front of Adinerans though?

toshes mate

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 15, 2017, 08:11:55 PM
And how Fulhamish for our goal of the season to be in the first round in the league cup against a soon to be relegated mess of a club by a player who was never fancied by the manager. Yet we were the entertainers and too scorers in the league.
Have to agree with you about it being Fulhamish, dannyboi, when the goal against Bristol City seemed to herald a 'new and exciting' Fulham style, not seen around these parts since Tigana and, before him, Macdonald.   But, like your World Cup style surveys (a format I really enjoy), it's just a bit of fun really.  Perhaps Fulham should have run a miss-of-the-season vote and really rubbed Chrissie's nose in it. 

ffc2004

Quote from: dhowells21 on June 16, 2017, 08:40:00 AM
Quote from: millsy on June 15, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

Unfortunately yes, you are.

We were sitting at the other end. We were in front of Adinerans though?

Yep, Woodrow other end and the Adineran header was our end.

filham

With all the goals we scored last season we are never going to agree on which one was the best. It is just so good that we have so many goals to discuss. long may it continue.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I think most who posted on here said they voted for the team goal or TC's so that it is interesting that there is silent community out there that chose Woodrow's. It was a very clean hit from distance and was particularly impressive at the time.

The other odd thing about the vote is that fewer people would have seen it live than the other goals.

grandad

I can´t see one frequent poster who voted for Woodrow. Perhaps he has a lot of friends & family who are registered on this forum.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on June 16, 2017, 10:45:17 AM
With all the goals we scored last season we are never going to agree on which one was the best. It is just so good that we have so many goals to discuss. long may it continue.

+ 100 goals next season.....

filham

Quote from: toshes mate on June 16, 2017, 11:57:10 AM
Quote from: filham on June 16, 2017, 10:45:17 AM

+ 100 goals next season.....
If we play as well as we did in the last six months and add a really good striker we could just hit that target.
On the other hand if we lose Cairney ----------------- ???

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: grandad on June 16, 2017, 11:46:34 AM
I can´t see one frequent poster who voted for Woodrow. Perhaps he has a lot of friends & family who are registered on this forum.

I voted for him. Best pure goal. Not as season defining as some of the others, but I remember listening to GJ for the call and had high expectations for seeing it. Saw it and was amazed. GOTS for me.