watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (07/09/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 07, 2010, 08:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6362759,00.html?
Fulham hopeful on Zamora deal
Contract talks ongoing with star striker

Fulham are hopeful that Bobby Zamora will sign a new deal at Craven Cottage.

As revealed by skysports.com last week, Fulham are ready to offer Zamora the most lucrative contract in the club's history to ward off interest from potential suitors.

The likes of Liverpool and Birmingham were credited with an interest in the England international on transfer deadline day, but Fulham managed to snub their overtures.

Fulham assisant boss Mark Bowen has confirmed contract talks are ongoing and the club were hoping to tie up a deal soon.

"What I know is that he is currently in discussions with the club over a possible new deal," Bowen said.

"It has been ongoing for a few months and obviously way before Mark (Hughes) and I came in.

"But my understanding is that we are hopeful Bobby will agree a long-term contract with the club."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/dickson_etuhu_looks_for_security_555597/index.shtml
Dickson Etuhu Looks For Security

Fulham midfielder Dickson Etuhu admits he could be on the move.

Etuhu believes there are a string of clubs waiting in the wings. The 28-year-old said: "It's a question of wait and see, and I'm not the only one with only a year left on my contract. There are at least another five of us, and of course, knowing what the future holds is a way of getting security for your family."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=212282
Fulham - Has He Got the Hump?
After transfer deadline day ended without Mark Schwarzer going to Arsenal, it was suggested that Mark would get over it and continue to produce stunning displays for Fulham.

But we`re not so sure!

Currently with the Australian squad, having recovered form the injury that prevented him featuring in our opening three Premier League games, Mark has reacted rather coyly when asked about the current situation.

When asked about the situation, he`s quoted as having said,

"I would rather not say anything"

"I would really rather not say anything because otherwise I might say something wrong."

Anyone else reckon that come January he`ll get his wish or will Arsenal have found someone else by then?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=212282#ixzz0ypGQiBWG

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/09/so-mcbride/?
So, McBride
by LORK on SEPTEMBER 6, 2010

It's the end of another Brian McBride era, except this time it'll be his last as he announced his retirement just a couple of days ago. Normally a player who only scored 40 goals in 160 games would only be remembered for being a decent player who gave the the club good service but McBride will go down as one of the all time Fulham fan' favourites.

There is very little that you can criticise him for, his professionalism and application on the pitch were impeccable and he scored key goals time and time again to save us from relegation, none more so than those 3 key goals in the great escape of 08 against Reading, Birmingham and Everton. He was willing to put his head where no head has been before in order to win balls in the air or get a shot in and who can forget a bloodied McBride from the 2006 world cup carrying on like nothing had happened after a slightly naughty elbow from De Rossi. And for all of his passion, commitment, bravery, team work, all the things that will make any player a sure fire Fulham favourite, he was a really, really good footballer. Intelligent, strong and unrivalled in the air with a good touch and technique, not to mention capable of some terrific finishes, McBride really was the perfect striker and in my opinion the most underrated since the Premier League began. If there was one criticism it would be that he was too unselfish because there's no doubt in my mind if he could easily have banged in 20 a season, but then we wouldn't have loved him as much.

No doubt someone who embodied Fulham like very few players have, someone prepared to sit with fans and understand the club, and it's such a shame we haven't had the chance to say a proper goodbye. Following our failed loan attempt for him a year and a half ago his fans forum was called off after a game was postponed, but let's hope it's third time lucky eh?

So McBride, on behalf of all Fulham fans, thanks.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-wait-zamora-sign-new-deal-1097291?
Fulham wait for Zamora to sign new deal

Fulham are sweating on Bobby Zamora signing a new deal at Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers are ready to offer Zamora the most lucrative contract in the club's history to ward off interest from potential suitors.

Fulham assistant boss Mark Bowen has confirmed contract talks are ongoing and the club were hoping to tie up a deal soon.

"What I know is that he is currently in discussions with the club over a possible new deal," Bowen said.

"It has been ongoing for a few months and obviously way before Mark (Hughes) and I came in.

"But my understanding is that we are hopeful Bobby will agree a long-term contract with the club."

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6362834,00.html?
Schwarzer - I'm saying nothing
Fulham keeper avoids making comments over failed Arsenal move

Mark Schwarzer has suggested he is unhappy with Fulham after they twice rejected bids from Arsenal for the goalkeeper.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger chased the Australian number one all summer as he looks for a keeper to challenge Manuel Almunia, but it came to no avail as the Cottagers fought tooth and nail to keep the 37-year-old.

Schwarzer was left out of the West London club's first three Premier League games of the season in favour of David Stockdale, who has impressed between the sticks.

It was thought that this move by new manager Mark Hughes meant that the former Middlesbrough stopper would be allowed to move to the Emirates.

However, the move never materialised, with Arsenal refusing to up their £3million offer, leaving Schwarzer still at Craven Cottage.

He refused to make any direct comments as it could upset the club's supporters, however it was clear that he was frustrated about his move being blocked.

"I would rather not say anything," he said.

"I would really rather not say anything because otherwise I might say something wrong."

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/mcbride-tribute-fulham-retirement-announcement-1097991?
McBride tribute to Fulham in retirement announcement

Chicago Fire captain Brian McBride has thanked Fulham and their fans for their support after announcing his retirement.

During his time at Craven Cottage he twice won the Player of the Season award, in 05/06 and 06/07, and captained the Club.

"Thank you to the Fulham fans," McBride said at a press conference in Chicago. "I will cherish every moment myself and my family had while in London. Your support was second to none. My wife and I will always look back on our time there with tremendous fondness.

"The last year that I was at Fulham was amazing. The rollercoaster and then coming out OK in the end. Just the sheer jubilation at the end of that campaign and being able to celebrate with everybody was the thing that stands out in my mind.

"To the Chairman, Mr Mohamed Al Fayed, thank you for your passion, your desire. It's something that I will try to emulate. You always had time for my family and made us feel very special, thank you."

Tom

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 07, 2010, 08:18:07 AM
After transfer deadline day ended without Mark Schwarzer going to Arsenal, it was suggested that Mark would get over it and continue to produce stunning displays for Fulham.

But we`re not so sure!

Currently with the Australian squad, having recovered form the injury that prevented him featuring in our opening three Premier League games, Mark has reacted rather coyly when asked about the current situation.

Anyone else reckon that come January he`ll get his wish or will Arsenal have found someone else by then?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=212282#ixzz0ypGQiBWG
I am sick of this clown now! I really wish we would have sold him. I want  players that actually wants to be here and play for Fulham.
Fulham for life!

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/43273/Cottagers_close_to_Zamora_agreement.aspx?
Cottagers close to Zamora agreement

Fulham assistant manager Mark Bowen has confirmed that his club hope to tie England striker Bobby Zamora down to a new long-term contract in the near future.

The 29-year-old was linked with both Liverpool and Birmingham City before the transfer window slammed shut, but the Cottagers now hope to secure Zamora's long-term services.

Bowen told Sky Sports: "What I know is that he is currently in discussions with the club over a possible new deal.

"It has been ongoing for a few months and obviously way before Mark Hughes and I came in.

Meanwhile, veteran goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has refused to re-open the wounds caused by his move to Arsenal being blocked by the Cottagers.

The 37-year-old Australia international commented: "I would really rather not say anything, because otherwise I might say something wrong."

Tom

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 07, 2010, 08:21:22 AM

Mark Schwarzer has suggested he is unhappy with Fulham after they twice rejected bids from Arsenal for the goalkeeper.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger chased the Australian number one all summer as he looks for a keeper to challenge Manuel Almunia, but it came to no avail as the Cottagers fought tooth and nail to keep the 37-year-old.

Schwarzer was left out of the West London club's first three Premier League games of the season in favour of David Stockdale, who has impressed between the sticks.

It was thought that this move by new manager Mark Hughes meant that the former Middlesbrough stopper would be allowed to move to the Emirates.

However, the move never materialised, with Arsenal refusing to up their £3million offer, leaving Schwarzer still at Craven Cottage.

He refused to make any direct comments as it could upset the club's supporters, however it was clear that he was frustrated about his move being blocked.

Somebody tell this guy to f#ck off! He needs to get over himself. He is a decent goalie at best. He is past his prime and that is why I wish we would have sold him and brought in his younger replacement.
Fulham for life!

richie17

WhiteJC

White Noise

Midfield Drive

Tuesday 7th September 2010

Fulham FC News

Whites midfielder Jonathan Greening has spoken of his eagerness to grasp his opportunity in the Fulham starting eleven. So far this season Manager Mark Hughes has elected to start with the tried and tested central midfield pairing of Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu – however Greening is patiently waiting in the wings.

"I'm just trying to work hard and wait for my chance to get on the field," he told fulhamfc.com. "Danny and Dickson have been doing a good job so I've just got to be patient. I'm ready and I've got to take my chance so the Manager would find it difficult to leave me out."

Mark Hughes has made it clear that his aim is to build on the solid foundations already in place and add some additional attacking capabilities to the side. Greening has already seen the groundwork being put in place on the training field and is certainly enjoying the day-to-day work at Motspur Park.

"It's really good, everyone's always trying to impress the new manager in training and get into his thoughts," he explained. "But training's been really good, it's been positive and really hard and I think the boys have adapted really well to it.

"It's a bit different to what we had with Roy, which was more the Italian way. This year it's all about team effort and pushing forward. The Manager's said that there's no point in changing the basis of what made us successful last year, the shape of the team and getting back into position.

"We've taken on board what we did last year but we've also tried to be a bit more dynamic as well – more positive going forward and hopefully we can get better at that as the season progresses."

Indeed, part of that approach includes more attacking runs from midfield. As Dickson Etuhu demonstrated in Fulham's recent draw at Blackpool, when he applied a smart finish after a driving run from the centre of the park.

"The Manager said that if we think we can run forward and get a goal like Dickson's against Blackpool then fair do's," Greening said. "Dickson did well, took his chance and got us a point. I'm a bit different in that I like to get on the ball more, a bit like Danny, but if there's a opportunity to get forward and get a shot off we should feel free to take it."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/GreeningMidfieldDrive.aspx#ixzz0ypymfceO

White Noise

Toshack out: Top 10 candidates to replace Wales boss

By Richard Aikman in Mirror Football Blog

Published 13:11 06/09/10

With Wales manager John Toshack widely expected to tender his resignation following his team's 1-0 defeat to Montenegro, rumours as to who will succeed the former Real Madrid boss are already rife. Chris Mann runs the rule over the possible candidates.

1) Brian Flynn

Flynn, the former Wrexham and Swansea City manager, took charge of the Welsh U-21 side in 2004 and has since overseen the most successful period in the team's history. His vast experience as a coach and the good relationship he has with many of the young Welsh players who are currently breaking into the senior team makes him one of the stand-out candidates to replace Toshack.

2) Ryan Giggs

The best Welsh player of the modern era, Giggs is thought to be Toshack's personal preference to succeed him at the helm of the national team. Although he has no direct managerial experience, the Manchester United midfielder's 20 years playing under Sir Alex Ferguson may well have given him the tools to succeed as a coach. Whether he would want to risk his reputation by taking on such a pressurised job, however, is another question.

3) Chris Coleman

Currently unemployed after a modest two-year spell at Coventry City, Coleman is one of the obvious candidates to replace Toshack. His background as a Welsh international and the relative success he enjoyed during his four years managing Fulham give him the credentials required for the job he would represent a safe, if unimaginative, appointment for the Welsh FA.

4) Ian Rush

The legendary Welsh striker may have only had one previous managerial experience – a disappointing one-year spell at Chester City in 2004 – but that in no way diminishes the legitimacy of his candidacy. Rush was a well-respected attacking coach at Liverpool during Gerard Houllier's tenure at Anfield and so is not completely bereft of the skills relevant to the national team job. A popular, if risky option.

5) Gary Speed

Highly unlikely to take the job considering he has just been installed at Sheffield United, it would be a major shock to see the former Newcastle United player walk away from Bramall Lane at this embryonic stage of his managerial career. That said, should Speed succeed with The Blades he would be a good bet to take on the Wales job a few years down the line.

6) Dean Saunders

Capped 75 times by Wales and the current manager of Wrexham, Saunders is well versed in the workings of Welsh football and could be ready to take his coaching career on to the next level. However, the former Benfica striker has been criticised for allowing Wrexham to stagnate in the Conference, two mid-table finishes being deemed a disappointment for a club that should be pushing for promotion back to the league. He may need more time to prove himself at club level before taking on a job as big as Toshack's.

7) Paul Trollope

The current Bristol Rovers manager, Trollope also earned nine caps for Wales during his playing career and, such is his respectable record with The Pirates, could well be up for consideration by the Welsh FA. An outside bet for the job perhaps, but Trollope may very well be keen to progress his career should he feel that he has taken Rovers as far as he can.

8) Simon Davey

Best known for masterminding Barnsley's incredible run to the semi-finals of the 2006/07 FA Cup, Davey left The Tykes by mutual consent in August 2009 before taking the reins at Darlington in the April of this year. However, just two months later the former Swansea City player left the club for "personal reasons" only to crop up at Hereford United just days later. Despite a brief period of success, Davey has never marked himself out as a top-level manager and, having recently taken over at Hereford, is unlikely to be considered.

9) Tony Pulis

Pulis's inclusion on the list of bookies favourites to replace Toshack seems somewhat incongruous, the mere fact of him being Welsh apparently taking precedence over his actual availability. With Stoke City continuing to exceed expectations in the Premier League and Pulis having made some astute signings during the transfer window in an attempt to build on his team's progress, it would be a major shock to see the Welshman leave the Britannia Stadium at this particular juncture in his career.

10) Mark Hughes

Should 'Sparky' return to manage his country just months after his appointment at Fulham it would be one of the stories of the season. There is, however, very little to suggest that Hughes would be willing to make such a radical move and leave Craven Cottage. To say that he is a long-shot would be to put it mildly.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/John-Toshack-to-quit-Wales-Top-ten-candidates-who-could-replace-him-article572481.html#ixzz0ypzC8UFD

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on September 07, 2010, 08:36:27 AM

Somebody tell this guy to f#ck off! He needs to get over himself. He is a decent goalie at best. He is past his prime and that is why I wish we would have sold him and brought in his younger replacement.

You obviously judge players with the same jaundiced eye you use to evaluate women over 40.

I am impressed, however, that you commented on the same story twice, and were angrier the second time. Please don't read it again tomorrow; you're likely to explode.  :035:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-striker-elm-admits-struggling-pose-sky-cameras-1099151?
Fulham striker Elm admits struggling to pose for Sky cameras

Fulham striker David Elm admits he needed a second take for Sky Sports' player pose.

Elm was the only Fulham star forced into a second take as the Cottagers recorded their walk-on poses for Sky Sports' pre-match team news.

The Swede said: "You try to look as hard as possible, clenched face, ready for war ... but I guess I didn't fit the description."

White Noise

Etuhu Contract Extension

Tuesday 7th September 2010

Fulham FC News

Fulham Football Club is delighted to confirm that Dickson Etuhu has signed a contract extension with the Club that will see the midfielder remain at the Cottage until the summer of 2014.

The 28-year-old Nigerian international joined Fulham from Sunderland in the summer of 2008 and quickly struck up a formidable partnership alongside Club Captain Danny Murphy in central midfield. The pair have been an integral feature of Fulham's success on the pitch in recent seasons and Etuhu has proved to be another a shrewd purchase by the Club.

2010 is turning out to be quite a year for the all-action midfielder. At the start of the year he represented Nigeria at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations before returning to SW6 to help guide Fulham to the UEFA Europa League Final in Hamburg. Dickson then travelled to South Africa to represent his country at the 2010 World Cup Finals before starting the 2010/11 season for Fulham in scintillating form.

Etuhu has thrived under Mark Hughes' leadership so far this season and grabbed his first goal of the new campaign in Fulham's last Barclays Premier League fixture against Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/EtuhuContractExtension.aspx#ixzz0yqzEgFpa

GeorgeRyan

this is probably the first time
Quote from: Tom on September 07, 2010, 08:31:52 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on September 07, 2010, 08:18:07 AM

But we`re not so sure!

I am sick of this clown now! I really wish we would have sold him. I want  players that actually wants to be here and play for Fulham.
he

Quote from: Tom on September 07, 2010, 08:36:27 AM

do you guys watch Fulham on a regular basis or football in general. He has consistently been in the top five best goalkeepers in the premiership for about 5 seasons now. Furthermore, this is the first time he has said something to suggest that the deal not going through has annoyed him. At no stage during the whole fiasco did he come out to the press demanding