Main Menu

Scotty P to Spurs.

Started by f321ffc, June 30, 2017, 05:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive
·
49s

DEAL DONE: Tottenham have appointed recently retired Scott Parker as the club's new u18's coach & Club Ambassador. (Source: @SpursOfficial)
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ToodlesMcToot

Makes as much sense as him representing our club similarly. And doubtful we would match their wages. Thought I read somewhere that he supported Spurs since childhood as well.

Don't much care for Spurs (don't care for any English club not named Fulham really) but, I am happy for him and wish him success.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

BedsFFC

never liked him

....ok, I wish him well

filham

Even more pleased that Sess. has jus signed a contract with us otherwise you could have seen him following Parker to White Hart Lane, or should I say to Wembley.

Wearethewhites

His loyalties are at Spurs, a club that he supports, so not surprised he has gone, and not surprised we didn't retain him.

Money/wages would have been a big factor in this, coming down from 40-60K a week as a players, to an offering that Fulham couldn't even match, especially when up against Spurs. 

At the end of the day, we were always going to be a 'stepping stone' for Parker, whilst winding down his footballing career, plus doing his coaching badges.

He was OK, but not worth the send off the club has given him, or the legendary status some fans have been banding about.

I wish him good luck.

grandad

As long as he doesn´t poach any of our youngsters I wish him well. Let Spuds find their own as we do.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: filham on June 30, 2017, 05:24:02 PM
Even more pleased that Sess. has jus signed a contract with us otherwise you could have seen him following Parker to White Hart Lane, or should I say to Wembley.
That might still happen in the near future, but at least we will receive a decent fee!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 30, 2017, 05:34:48 PM
His loyalties are at Spurs, a club that he supports, so not surprised he has gone, and not surprised we didn't retain him.

Money/wages would have been a big factor in this, coming down from 40-60K a week as a players, to an offering that Fulham couldn't even match, especially when up against Spurs. 

At the end of the day, we were always going to be a 'stepping stone' for Parker, whilst winding down his footballing career, plus doing his coaching badges.

He was OK, but not worth the send off the club has given him, or the legendary status some fans have been banding about.

I wish him good luck.
Sorry to disagree, I can't see for 1 moment how we were a stepping stone for him in his career??? He joined us in his twilight years and whilst with us, I think gave 100%!! Good luck to him and thanks for his service!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Burt

Wish him nothing but the best. A true pro off and on the pitch, and never gave anything less than 100% when he was on the pitch.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: davew on June 30, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

I wish him good luck.
Sorry to disagree, I can't see for 1 moment how we were a stepping stone for him in his career??? He joined us in his twilight years and whilst with us, I think gave 100%!! Good luck to him and thanks for his service!

So, you're telling me, that he'd have come to Fulham earlier in his career? Not a chance. What I meant by stepping stone, was later in his career, a place to wind down, do his badges, move on to bigger, better things, because, isn't that just what he's done?

I'm sorry, put if Parker 'really' had any loyalties to FFC, he'd have gone out his way to stay, but he didn't.

Not an issue, I wish him all the best, was a true pro whilst at the Club, but all this OTT send off, and legendary status is a bit to much.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 30, 2017, 08:27:23 PM
Quote from: davew on June 30, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

I wish him good luck.

So, you're telling me, that he'd have come to Fulham earlier in his career? Not a chance. What I meant by stepping stone, was later in his career, a place to wind down, do his badges, move on to bigger, better things, because, isn't that just what he's done?

I'm sorry, put if Parker 'really' had any loyalties to FFC, he'd have gone out his way to stay, but he didn't.

Not an issue, I wish him all the best, was a true pro whilst at the Club, but all this OTT send off, and legendary status is a bit to much.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 30, 2017, 08:27:23 PM

What do you mean by OTT send off? An OTT send off is Terry-esque. The club put up a couple of tweets with pictures , with a quote from the owner and the manager put his own tweet in.
I'm sure any of our captains who retire with us would get exactly the same. He's getting the plaudits for what he done in his career, anyone calling him a legend for what he's achieved while he's been at Fulham are just of the 21st century ilk where superlatives are thrown around like hookers at a footballers party.

He was a damm good footballer, stayed with us when we went down, from the quotes from others; he's been proven to inspire and encourage the development of the youth at the club as well as being a positive influence on the club as a whole, so we can thank him for that.
He's a Spurs fan so you cant begrudge him coaching the team he loves. He done us a lot of good but then again got paid handsomely for doing so . We fitted him at a time when he fitted us

Thank you

love4ffc

Good for him.  I think he'll make a good coach and who knows eventually a good manager. 

Makes you wonder if Fulham even offered him anything? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

aaronmcguigan

Now we've seen the tribute from the manager, the statement from The owner, the many messages of goodwill all talking about his contributions on and off the pitch, from the club top to bottom, inspiration and mentoring, helping and dedication.....

Can the club realise this leaves a hole in leadership , drive and experience, helping the youth as well as contributing at senior level with calmness and workrate. This needs replacing , obvs not like for like but we need a bit of experience, steel and determination to add to the flair we show. We've already been exposed at times last season and it's something we need to replace.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: grandad on June 30, 2017, 06:33:01 PM
As long as he doesn´t poach any of our youngsters I wish him well. Let Spuds find their own as we do.

Unfortunately that's exactly what they don't do Grandad.

They always poach other teams youngsters/best players.
Scumbag club with disgraceful fans imo

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !