watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr. The lions

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, July 01, 2017, 09:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Anyone watching? Got a chance with that red. Think it was harsh personally. First pint of the day going down nicely. Orange juice that is

cmg

Yes. Gives us a chance. But I agree that it was a very harsh call.
These things always look much worse in slo-mo.

Southcoastffc

I hope that the Lions do it but expect that the All Blacks will win.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Meeeiaow!    Just squeaked it.  Terrible indiscipline.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

Another sky set up for a winner takes all in the final game

cmg

Impressive comments from NZ captain Kieran Read.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Nero on July 01, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Another sky set up for a winner takes all in the final game
FREE VIEWING  http://www.genti.stream/hd/hd1.php
Perfect picture.  Excellent match. 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Jonaldiniho 88

Happy with that. Made really hard work of it though. Thought we got it wrong tactically kicking the ball so often with a man advantage. With ball in hand we looked good. Tricky conditions and I suppose the result justifies the means.

alfie

Quote from: cmg on July 01, 2017, 09:14:11 AM
Well cog I wonder how you would feel having Sonny Bills massive shoulder hit you full in the face, with no intention of making any sort of tackle.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2017, 01:17:06 PM
Well cog I wonder how you would feel having Sonny Bills massive shoulder hit you full in the face, with no intention of making any sort of tackle.

It was a red card all day long.
The all blacks have got away with that kind of tackle for far too long in years gone by, as though they should always be given a get out of jail free card because it's them. Credit to the referee on this occasion with his decision.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2017, 01:17:06 PM

...'Armless!

Southcoastffc

It was not a harsh sending off. It was either extremely foolish of SBW or deliberate.  Look at the footage again - you can see that Watson had plenty of time to see it coming and SBW had time to avoid Watson.  (Driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving? - both are pretty serious.)  It would be a surprise (and wrong) if SBW isn't banned for the next test.

Jonaldiniho 88

At the time I thought yellow or just a pen. With ultra slowed down replays it looks bad. They have changed the rules quite a bit recently to protect the players which is a good thing. They also had world leading referees on and off the pitch so I trust their interpretation was the right call. I do think it's difficult when looking at these matters in slow motion. with the power and speed these guys possess it really is a game of fractions. I think rugby, which has been a great example of how video refereeing can work is now in danger of taking it too far. I remember relatively long periods of play today where the viewer was in limbo because they weren't sure if the game would be pulled back but the players are still crunching into each other.

Riverside

Harsh if you were playing rugby 30 years ago . Red all day in today's game . And I think Rugby is the better for it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunburywhite

Red all day long

SBW just lined Watson up and thought he could get away with it on the blind side of the ref

No intention of making the tackle, in fact he couldn't even make a tackle as the All Black player was in the way
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me